30 Day Shred: April

Options

Replies

• albygb
    albygb Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    how do you log it as exercise?

I normally put it down as circuit training which it kind of is with the mixture of cardio and strength.
  • KingBoo10
    KingBoo10 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Just completed day five. Phew. The jumping jacks and jump rope combo is still kicking my butt, but I'm doing the rest OK. Just have to keep at it :).

I log it as circuit training, general.
  • mskinner1091
    mskinner1091 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 3 of level 2. I started it because I had hit a plateau. In the 13 days that I've been doing this dvd, I've already lost 2lbs. It's a great workout.
  • MimGSR
    MimGSR Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I really want to do this and was planning on starting yesterday but my sports bra still hasn't arrived :(

Is there lots of jumping type movements? I've skimmed through the video but can't really tell. Slightly top heavy so can't do anything with a bit of bounce!
  • prettygirlstorm1
    prettygirlstorm1 Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    i'm in!
  • albygb
    Options
    MimGSR wrote: »
    I really want to do this and was planning on starting yesterday but my sports bra still hasn't arrived :(

Is there lots of jumping type movements? I've skimmed through the video but can't really tell. Slightly top heavy so can't do anything with a bit of bounce!

You can still start there are a few cardio (jumping jacks, jump rope ) moves but you can just do them moderately while wearing a regular bra.
  • MimGSR
    Options
    Ok thanks, I might give it a go now whilst my daughters napping :)
  • Incy_Wincy
    Incy_Wincy Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm about to hit level three. I love the shred - I do it about once a year, then gradually slip off the wagon again.
    Just a word of warning to anyone that hasn't done this before; it can be a killer on your knees, so don't go over the top to begin with. (Having said that, I've always started from no fitness at all, so if you're a habitual exerciser anyway you're probably in a better position than me!)
    @MimGSR there are a few 1/2 minute sets of jumping jacks and imaginary jump-rope in level 1, and a couple of other 'bouncy' moves, off the top of my head.
    Good luck everyone :smile:
  • taradawn69
    taradawn69 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Add me too please☺ Starting today, done it before also with great results!
  • hotat135
    hotat135 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    im in!! today will be day 1!! lets do this!! add me as a friend!
  • JesiDM
    JesiDM Posts: 268 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I'm in!! I'm starting today and glad to see others are too!! Feel free to add me :)
  • KingBoo10
    KingBoo10 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Good luck to all :).
  • albygb
    Options
    I'm also doing the JJ Smith modified 10-day green smoothie cleanse if anyone is interested. I started on Monday and so far I feel great! Let me know if u want to join and I'll send you the info.
  • MimGSR
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Ok, I'm dying.
    My daughter woke up halfway through so came in to laugh at me, until I knocked her on the head with one of the tins I was using as weights :/ luckily she didn't really notice.
    Even with doing modified cardio and following Anita my legs were shaking by the end of it! It's strangely addictive though, I already want to do it again!
    Good luck to everyone else starting today :)

ETA: the warm up moves must really work as I've never managed to do that many squats without knee pain :)
  • Danixkm
    Danixkm Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I just finished day 2 so I'd love to join.
  • RanceBriggs
    Options
    I just found the videos on YouTube. I'm in!
  • taradawn69
    taradawn69 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Day 1 is done☺ I forgot how hard that was..lol
  • fabfrog
    fabfrog Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    W1D1 in the books at 5am. :p
  • xkime
    xkime Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I might want to start to day the thing is I just have to make sure I continue!
  • diroka
    diroka Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    YES!! I've been thinking about starting this workout now that my first 10 pounds are out of the way, so I am definitely in! I will be doing it tonight when I get home from work!