• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,993 Member
    Options
    679775z29uksi0yq.gif

Happy Birthday, Lesley
  • DamitJanit
    DamitJanit Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    Call me crazy but I love to see other people happy and succeeding.

Good Evening Lovely Ladies,

Barbie, I have been known to go to bed early when I felt hungry so I wouldn't eat. I figure it’s better to get up early and eat (if I wake up hungry) than to stay up late and eat.

Sylvia, Woo hoo, Skinny Girl! You had to love that! “ You need a hamburger, girl!" Too funny!!! I like the joke, too. Thanks

Pip, I hope you can feel me fanning you to cool you down. Actually, I’d be pissed too if my DH did that. We rarely fight either and when we do it’s usually over something stupid like that. I hope you make up soon. o:)

Michele, The Ryan’s here are still going strong. We have eaten at this one often over the years and they normally have really good food for the most part. I told DH, if this were my first visit, I’d never go back. In fact, I’m still not sure I will. I always liked it because I can get all the veggies I want and it used to be very reasonably priced. Now it is like $15 each with the Senior discount. I could have gone to a lot of places and had a good meal for not much more than that. Oh well.

Kim, I can’t believe dog sitters are so expensive. I haven’t priced them around here so had no idea. No wonder DH and I don’t travel together since our DD moved away. It was so nice that she would dog sit when we went away. That would certainly add to the price of traveling and probably put it out of our range.

TNToni, *Kick-kick-kick*. I hope that cyber kick wasn’t too hard. I can’t even imagine catching up if I got that far behind. You get an “at a girl” for that. So glad you got to enjoy “Blueberry”. What fun. I have to say that I had never heard of a 'pomato'. Very interesting.

Joyce, it sounds like Charlie and my DH have very similar ideas on the world. At least DH doesn’t try to start these conversations, but will sure chime in if someone brings up the subjects. I hope he can get cleaned out with the short prep time. I think 7 days of adjusting diet is going overboard.

Maryanne, welcome to this group of very supportive and informative women. I feel for you with your hot flashes. Been there/done that. You joined just by posting so we hope you come often. Are you from Italy?

Heather, I hope all goes well for DS and family and that the work is done quickly and to their satisfaction. You have a wonderful time with your friend at the coast. It’s so interesting hearing about people taking trains as it’s something most of us in the US don’t do often.

Peachstategal, I grew up eating catfish and it’s still my favorite. I knew this would not be the really good stuff you get at a Fish Camp, as they are so often called. It’s funny, with living in the Bible Belt and I guess with the Catholic Church not being like it was when I was a kid, you don’t find fish on Fridays like we did years ago. Even when we lived in Milwaukee, all the restaurants had fish every Friday night. Next time, I guess I’ll just buy it and cook it at home. I love the picture of your mother. She looks great.

Naiomi, have a wonderful time on your date tonight. I agree that we sometimes need to make our partner a priority. After so many years together I think it’s easy to take them for granted and mine is so good to me so I need to put more thought into his wants and needs.

Em, welcome to this forum. You will find lots of support and information. Come often and join right in. It sounds like you are doing great. Congrats on your loss so far. Do your kids and grands live close enough that you see them often? It must be wonderful to have such a family. I have an only child and no grandchildren so I envy you.

LibbyD, welcome to you also. You have similar problems to many of us. If you are ready for a lifestyle change this is the place to be. It is a journey and it goes at its own pace, but it works. Come often and share your progress.

Heather, your day at the beach sounds great. So sorry you interrupted DH’s busy day. *snicker* I hope things get back to normal soon.

Lillian, sorry for your hangover. Was the bread worth it? Have fun with DGS. I do love some of the fresh baked breads that restaurants serve. yum

Sylvia, your DGS reminds me of a nephew we have. When he was first starting to play baseball, he was in the outfield and would be busy picking wild onions rather than watching for a ball hit his way. I know what you mean about seeing an old lady looking back at you from the mirror. :o I feel so young is many ways.

Pip, glad there is peace in the household again. You can drink your calories since you don’t do it all the time. Life is to be lived, after all

Beth, that long drive sure gives you an opportunity to decompress from the day. I hope you enjoy it and don’t let it get to you.

Beth/WNY, sorry for your stressful week, but you know you need to keep “you” as a priority. *shaking finger* We care about you and want you to take care. I hope things calm down for you. (((Hugs)))

Terri, a German temper that knows how to have “crazy-fun”. Who could ask for anything more? :p

Lesley, Happy Birthday!!! I almost a year older than you are; I’ll be 68 on the 24th. I hope you have a marvelous day!!!

Mary, Welcome back. I hope you enjoyed the trip. And thanks for checking in with us when you could.

Michele, I have to taste the dough if I bake,, too. That is one excuse I use for not baking. And I love brownies that aren’t fully done. Lol

Welcome to any Newbies that I missed. Come often and join in the chat. This thing works!! Please sign your post with what you want to be called. It makes it easier for us to respond to you. Also a location is great, be it specific or general. We are happy to have you join us.

I got in all my exercise this morning and made a pot of 15 bean soup. Then I went to Hamricks to return a top that I bought that was too big and ended up buying a really cute colorful pants outfit. I’m just trying to make sure I have enough clothes for the cruise next month, otherwise I wouldn’t be buying anything right now. Around the house, I don’t mind wearing big sloppy clothes.

Thought for the day:
    There are
    Two types of
    Pains, one that
    Hurts you
    And the other that
    Changes you.

Have a wonderful day, ladies. <3

Words I live by:
    Savor. I have to slow down and savor every bite.
    and
    Opportunity. Each day offers new opportunities for good health and happiness if we just look for them and choose them.

Janet
    Myrtle Beach, SC
  • mollywhippet
    mollywhippet Posts: 1,890 Member
    Options
    We took the dogs walking, as usual, across the dam at the lake. Spot has gotten where he dearly loves to splash around in the water at the boat ramp, and normally I keep him on the leash, but tonight there were no boats out, and no car traffic, so I wanted to see what he would do off leash. Well, he had the most fun I've ever seen a dog have! He was frolicking in the water, trying to figure out a way to get to a Canada goose that was about 30 feet away, but he wouldn't swim for it. It was hilarious. He would only get in up to his shoulders. Then when I called him, he trotted right back to me to get leashed up. What a good dog! We never knew he was a water dog.

We get a lot of wasps inside the cabin. It's been like that since we bought the place 10+ years ago. We can't figure out where they are coming from, but several years ago we stripped the walls downstairs back to the studs and the walls were full of wasp nests. We cleaned those all out, but we fear they are in the upstairs and the attic too. Luckily they are not aggressive at all, and we find more dead ones than live ones, but I wish we could get rid of them. Any suggestions?

Well, I'm off to dreamland. I hope you are too.

Sylvia
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Welcome Em, you sure have BIG family. I bet your Christmases are a lot of fun. I hope they can all be together at one time. To me, that chaos is what makes it so much fun.

Ryan's buffet is $15!!!! I always loved to stop there when we were traveling somewhere and I found one. It was just a very dependable place to eat.

Naomi, Thanks for the 'encouraging' info on possible price for tree removal. Plus we have 4 huge bushes that I want out ASAP and a stump removal. Maybe the more they do the bigger a discount????? Hope you had fun on your date with your honey. Your kitty looks so precious. Her color is beautiful.

Yanni, I forgot, why are you looking for apartments?

Em, welcome. I don't think you live that far from me. I live in the extreme south western corner if Indiana in Evansville. We travel along i-64 quite a bit but I notice that you are more south than that.

Katla, did I read correctly that you said you kept an elephant in front of your AC?????? Does he get sea sick when you take him out on your oat???? LOL YOu ask if my song cheered Charlie up. I don't think he can be cheered up. The only joys he gets out of life is a positive response to him when he is out doing his Karaoke thing or seeing his grand kids. He had big plans for after retirement. Although he liked some of the people he worked with he absolutely hated the job and the hospital and management. Well he hates management anywhere. It mean he is not in control. So he had huge plans of traveling when he retired. I kind of put the brakes on that. His attitude when he travels is terrible. He never gets into any physical road rage but it's all verbal for me only to hear. He promised me that it would all change when he retired because he wouldn't have the stress at work, Well he admits now that he lied. I think he lives to be angry about something. Plus year after he retired he had his heart attack. Although it didn't leave any deficits in his daily living, the thought that he still had 2 areas of major blockage was always on his mind. Then a year later he started his irregular heart rhythm which caused angina which caused going to the ER and having those 2 areas of blockage taken care of. But his Parkinson's symptoms started before that and the appointment with the neurologist was right after he was sent home form the hospital and although our family doctor highly suggested he had it, Charlie didn't believe it. Well he found out that he really had it and reality set in. It affected how much he could walk. He was used to walking 2 miles a day and now he doesn't have that strength. Then the bowel issue started. Today he had to come home early, was the 2nd time this week, with a mess in his britches. And after his legs were really weak and it was hard for him to go up and down the stairs. So he has a lot of stressors going on.

Peachstategal.you have such a lovely Mom, love her smile and she is rocking that necklace!

Terri Milwaukee, Frankie Vallie kissed your hand!!! What would he have done if you had thrown a bra at him???

Allison, sounds like you had a wonderful happy day with 'your sweet Tom'.

Lesley, Happy birthday, You don't look a day over 29!

Michele, this prep for the colonoscopy is called 'Movi prep. I have helped my patients with the 'go lytley' prep, then my first scope was with the gatorade and miralax and other stuff and my last one was with the Movi prep. And yes, the direction has you start altering your diet 7 days in advance.

Joyce, Indiana
  • Lilymay2
    Lilymay2 Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    barbiecat wrote: »
    679775z29uksi0yq.gif

Happy Birthday, Lesley

Barbie - you make such awesome graphics...I had to borrow...
  • Lilymay2
    Options
    Janet - the bread didn't taste as good as I thought it did last time I had it.

Went for a walk when my coffee company didn't show up.... then went for a walk with the DGS when he got here. Pulled him in the wagon - the dogs tried to mow him over every time he tried to walk anywhere.

the wind has come up and we are supposed to get a storm tonight .... hope not, the roads are drying up and I have been walking in my shoes and not rubber boots.

Now I need to head off to bed...

Take care everyone - have a good day or a good evening - wherever you are.

Lillian in West Central Saskatchewan
  • naiomi2015
    naiomi2015 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

Back from dinner and dancing. The band was terrific. We were able to dance about 10songs. First time I've been able to dance since getting sick in October. The food was ok. Stayed away from breAd and rice. Indulged in desert. Made only 1trip to the Buffett table too.

Exermomour kitty is diabetic and gets a low dose of insulin every morning. He was diagnosed a year ago. He was very sick then but has been reasonably healthy since. His name is Esau because he is red, very furry and an excellent hunter. Just like his name sake.

Lesley hope your birthday was happy.

Naiomi2015 from 40F Massachusetts
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,660 Member
    Options
    Maryann, Em, Libby - Welcome

Joyce – well, it would be best if the “rules” were followed, but just getting him to do it at all sounds like an accomplishment.

Heather – Hmm, not good that DH is being “weird” you may need to find some quiet time to talk it out…

Peachstate – hope your pom is ok….

Beth – thanks for thinking of me… thank goodness my mom was not that bad.

Lesley – Happy Birthday to you!!!

Read everyone, but not many notes, I am reading in bed, as I went out with Levi and as I stepped out the back door I stepped down on a tennis ball (one of Levi’s) and turned my ankle hard… oh man it hurts, so a catch up read, and now to sleepy land, as tomorrow is a busy day and this ankle can NOT slow me down.

April goals:
    Walk every day
    Log all bites everyday
    Eat slower
    Plan and do a fun thing every week
    Week 1 – went to Hakone gardens it is a beautiful Japanese garden established in 1917 and just amazing.
    Week 2 – easter (?)
    Kim from N. California
    58855297.png
  • Lestan48
    Lestan48 Posts: 489 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Blaize was a good boy in car No sick Thanks go to the Nurse for telling me "No morning feed" He survived.
    He had 2 big runs on beach and played catch ball. Ran after seagulls but came running back when called. Also made friends with 2 dogs. Boy he can sure run fast
    244 cals for beach walks.
    Back to training monday
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,822 Member
    Options
    morning ladies~Happy Birthday Lesley.. Hope the day was super!!!
    supposed to be lovely here today so will get out and get some exercise.. right now had my cup of tea and will go see what I can get picked up and dusted.. darn drywall dust...
    Barbie~ did you try the lsagenix cleanse? I am thinking of trying it if I can pry the money out of the DH hands
  • Lilymay2
    Options
    Yeah no storm - so no muddy road to walk on. DGS and I will head out to walk the dogs this morning. And when DGD comes this afternoon - we will go again.... I have a double stroller at my house and I don't think I have ever had both in it at once..... this ought be interesting.
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,098 Member
    Options
    You spell your name exactly like my mom.xitsuq1hthg6.jpg

:heart: MNMargaret
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,371 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! Love all the pics! Fantastic 85 yr old!

Lesley - HAPPY BIRTHDAY for yesterday. :flowerforyou:

DH has gone off to the first day of the cricket season. Seems cheerful enough, but I think he must be worrying about tomorrow's hospital consultation for his hernia. I am going with him on the train to Winchester (train again Janet :) ) and I have booked a window table at a nice brasserie. They do very reasonable lunches. I usually have fishy things. Then he will walk up to the hospital and I will window shop.

After I dropped him off this morning I went to my favourite food store and bought yummy things, including lovely German rye bread. Salmon, sea bream, avocados etc. I also treated myself to a ready prepared selection of marinated cooked salmon, prawns and squid. Heaven! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! And it was only 355 cals.
    Tonight I'm cooking chicken and spinach curry with a leek and mushroom side. Yummeroo!
    Going to prepare rhubarb for tomorrow's dessert and melt some sorrel to make a quick omelette when we get back tomorrow evening.

I've been trying this morning to write my blurb and author bit for the back of the book. The photo I photoshopped looks fine on the cover, but I haven't finalised the design. I've told my son he doesn't need to bother with a cover if he doesn't have time, but really I'm a bit cross that he never sent me anything. Never mind - my very amateur efforts will do. Writing the blurb is sooooooooooo hard. I've done something, but want DH to look at it. Soon I will have to press that button to send it off. Yikes! Then on to the Kindle edition.

Barbie - the best thing I learnt from Gretchen Rubin was, "If it takes less than a minute, do it now!" My house is far tidier as a result. I also tackle things for five minutes. Amazing what you can get done! The thing that would never work for me is, only eat when you are hungry! ! ! ! ! ! :noway: The MFP way is the only way that works for me. :laugh: I am an underspender on most things, apart from food, and have to remind myself that it's ok to buy myself something nice occasionally. My friend yesterday is the complete opposite and is always splurging. I carried up to her new flat a whole lot of new stuff she had bought for it. Next week she is having delivered a lime green Smeg fridge/freezer and a pale green sofa. :ohwell: As I have known her since we were 11 I know how this is necessary to her, but it would nearly kill me to spend all that money on "things". We're all different!

Got to get cooking. Heather from glorious Hampshire UK.
    27681614.png
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,371 Member
    Options
    For those of you in the frozen North, it's spring outside my back door.
    We have a new white foal in the field behind us. :D:

ypvr2v0n2zky.jpg
  • naiomi2015
    naiomi2015 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Good morning Everyone,

I not usually that enamored of mornings but today is beautiful. The sky is clear blue and the sun is out in full force.

DH is asleep in his chair, so I am trying to be quiet. Planing to do a little reading and reflecting. Maybe even a little journaling.

This afternoon a friend is getting ordained into Christian ministry. He is originally from Haiti. Most of the service will be in English however a lot of the cultural traditions of Haitian Baptists will be observed. The service will be about 21/2 hours long and followed by a sit down dinner. Red is the color for ordinations, so I'm breaking out my red dress and shoes for the occasion.

My dress had been a bit snug the last time I wore it. I'm looking forward to that not being the case today.

MargaretturkThat cake looks hugely tempting. Glad it's not in my house.
  • dia_nruf
    dia_nruf Posts: 112 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Happy birthday Lesley. I hope you have a great day!
  • peachstategal
    peachstategal Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday Leslie! Margaret, is that a real cake? How clever.

I binged on peanut M&M's last night. Second time this week. DH was kind and threw them away. He has an awful sweet tooth and buys lots of candy. Usually, I don't want sweets at all, but, these I couldn't stop eating.

Kim, I hope your ankle gets better quick. Put ice on it at intervals.

Katla & Sylvia, so nice to hear about your dogs enjoying the water. Last summer when we went to the beach there was large dog that frolicked joyfully in the ocean. Could see no owner in sight so think he must live in the area. He was amazing jumping into the surf. We took the Pom to a dog friendly beach and he didn't like the water at all. He finally ate a bit yesterday morning just as I was ready to call the vet. I think it's because I tried feeding him something other than his usual boiled chicken.

Naiomi, sound like you had a very fun time dancing! So glad you and DH enjoy.

Joyce, I recently started driving when DH and I go anywhere together. He is much calmer when I drive and I never get upset unless someone really scares me on the road. I have told him over and over that all that cussing is only offending me and not the folks he is mad at but it goes over his head.
  • Gilly139
    Gilly139 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Many Happy Returns Lesley, hope you have a wonderful day

I have loved reading all your posts but have not got time to reply to all. I don't know how you all do it!

Take care all and I will try to do better next week x

Gilly, Suffolk UK
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Carol: Spot probably thinks you’re a party p**per. Cats are predators and birds are prey. Years ago I was sitting in my bathroom and saw my cat headed for the kitty entrance with a snake in its mouth. You wouldn't believe how fast we got that kitty door locked!

Michele: I could not do all that baking and not gain weight. You continually amaze me.

Sue in TX: I envy the garden space you have. My tomato is enduring a cool spell and my snow peas are coming up. I plan to put parsley starts in pots off my deck so the dog can’t “water” them.

Janet: I think late night eating goes directly to fat storage, but I’m no scientist. I think you have a good strategy, especially since it works for you.

Sylvia: I know of chemicals that will kill wasps, but they’re nasty. I’ve used Raid wasp and hornet spray on them when they tried to get into my garage attic. I sprayed it on the wasps as they were trying to crawl in. I don’t know if any of the toxins would migrate down to your living quarters. The Raid was a good wasp product if you decide you want to go that way. I’m a staunch protector of honeybees and bumblebees.

Joyce: I planted a hardy fuchsia that is a big as an elephant in front of my AC. There may be a tiny bit of exaggeration there on the size :wink: but it is humongous. I’m sorry that Charlie is having such a tough time with his health.

Kim: I hope your ankle is doing better today.

Lesley: I’m so glad you solved Blaize’s motion sickness problem.

Heather: Being an under-spender is another thing we have in common. I hope the hernia consultation provides good information that will ease your DH’s health worries. Your flowerpots are beautiful and cheerful.

DH and I went to a tavern for dinner last night and I blew my calories. It doesn’t happen often, so I’m not worried about it. The bad part was waking up with puffy hands. That food was a total salt festival.

We have sunshine and showers day again today, so it isn’t good for hiking or other outdoor fun that doesn’t offer easy shelter. I’m trying to think of a fun activity & sent DDIL a text asking if she’d like to meet for lunch. We haven’t heard back from her and I suspect she isn’t up. It isn’t even 9 am yet.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon

“Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” Thomas A. Edison

April Goals:
    1. Log every bite and swallow.
    2. Cardio exercise at least 3 days a week. Work on flexibility and back
    strength.
    3. Have fun every day.
    4. Drink at least three glasses of water daily, preferably more!
    5. Eliminate alcohol.
    6. Monitor sleep. Try to average 7 or more hours of sleep nightly.

30881843.png
  • tngram2seven
    tngram2seven Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Well I never thought I would say thanks for kicking me, but Michele and Janet I got your message and am keeping up.

I work today so I want to jump in early.

WELCOME TO THE NEWBIES! this is a great place to be. Please stay with us.

Naiomi - Esau is blessed to have you for an owner. Your love is evident.

Terri - glad you had a good time at the concert. A friend and I saw him in concert, too. It sure brought back memories.

Peach - Your mother is lovely.

Lesley - ... "Happy birthday to Blaize's mommy, Happy birthday to you!" Just felt like singing.

Janet - Nice to have a few new things for your cruise.

I keep getting compliments on my weight loss this week. Interesting considering I was up 3 pounds from mid March. Maybe tomorrow's weigh in will show a loss.

Must get ready for work...

TNToni