Replies

• morrisjen2014
    morrisjen2014 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Thank you!
  • 65lbslighter
    65lbslighter Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Oooh wee! This sounds like fun! 10 by June 10. I'm in!!

CW: 189
    GW: 179
    UGW: 135
  • amy8400
    amy8400 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Another late to the party one!

SW: 188 (9-20-13)
    CW: 155
    GW: 145
    UGW: 145

53, 5'5"
    Will celebrate my 54th birthday with 10 pounds lost hopefully :)
  • kvandentop
    kvandentop Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm late but in!
    SW: 145
    CW: 141
    GW: 135

5' 6" and Hoping for 135 or so by Mid June!
  • readyornot1234
    readyornot1234 Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    @stepherz84 - congrats on the milestone - that is awesome! Yeah, I don't like when one pound takes forever. It'll eventually go, but so frustrating at times.

@huango - those look delicious. I plan on making them, keeping a few in the fridge and freezing the rest. That way I will have something quick and healthy to grab when in a rush.

@kayt4444 - hope you had a good time. Spring break was so long ago for me - almost another lifetime.

@jlkermode - where did you place, 1st, 2nd or 3rd?

Well, I walked and fed the dog, sitting here finishing up my coffee. I guess its time to get off my butt and go lift. I will then try to get some cardio in this afternoon. For whatever reason, I can't really lose without cardio. Going to the baseball game tomorrow night with my husband and I know I won't behave - out to dinner first and then ball park food.
  • jgrabowski33
    jgrabowski33 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hey all! This weekend was absolutely beautiful- the first really awesome weekend in upstate NY. I was outside all weekend, and couldn't be happier that it seems like spring might finally be on its way! I finished the 3 month daily burn program I have been doing on Friday, and today my goal is to actually get to the gym. I didn't feel like leaving the house ever over winter, but now that it seems like the weather is turning I'm feeling really optimistic. This weekend I was with my boyfriend's family, talking about our upcoming vacation, which is a big motivator currently to continue getting stronger and leaner. It's funny because a lot of times I will just lay in bed now feeling my emerging muscles, wishing the fat would burn off faster so I could see them! This spring/summer is going to be very busy, and I definitely want to look my best during! More importantly, I want to be able to do hobbies I have fallen out of- kayaking, hiking, biking, swimming, running around with all of the babies it seems like everyone is having now! I tried to be really active last summer, but my diet was still mediocre, so I didn't see any results really. Anyway, hope everyone had a great weekend and is ready to have a great, healthy week!
  • huango
    huango Posts: 1,007 Member
    Options
    hmmmmm....

Ben & Jerry's Free Cone Day
    April 14th, 2015
    12-8pm

I went last year and while it was pretty crazy long line, it moved fast.
    I think I want a donut instead though.
  • huango
    Options
    My new favorite salad:
    - very summery salad.
    I made it Saturday; got great reviews from adults and kids.

watch the Giada video.
    of course I added in shredded chicken breasts for more protein.

foodnetwork.com/recipes/giada-de-laurentiis/garbanzo-bean-and-zucchini-salad-recipe.htm
  • pokeytwisty
    pokeytwisty Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Late to join in so I will set my goal for 8 pounds but will hope for 10.
    CW 178
    GW 150
    UGW 135
  • jlkermode
    jlkermode Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    @readyornot1234 haha I got third place with 24K steps! Can u believe it??
  • caraechris
    caraechris Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I know I'm a bit late but I'll try my best!
    CW 165
    GW 155
    UGW 135

Feel free to add me!
  • huango
    Options
    I am grateful for MFP forums and friends.
    Because my real life friends just doesn't get it.

This Saturday, I wore my new awesome pants
    11074599_10206477450040955_2723552125999560405_o.jpg

and I shared to my gfs (of over 20years) of my almost 15# weight loss, and how I'm got only about 15more left to go.

Instead of praising me for the good hard job done, I got flack about it, saying how I'm mentally disturb and how I could be a bad role model for my 9yr old daughter.
    BECAUSE they don't think I need to lose any more weight. (They could have said it a different way).

I am NO WHERE near anorexic-skinny. Heck, I'm not even skinny.
    Even if I lose another 15#, I still wouldn't be skinny, because I have muscular legs/arms.
    But instead of supporting my journey, they're making me feel like I have a problem and need psychological help.

Thank you very much for all your support.
    Amanda

@huango Amanda, I am not sure how you feel about your body, but I think it is smoking hot. If I were in your shoes, I would focus on keeping tone and if loss happens, it is a bonus.
    Thanks bunches.
    I think I'm a work-in-progress, and I'm appreciating every improvement.

@jgrabowski33 "lay in bed now feeling my emerging muscles"
    ^^ Love this!!
    And also loving the beautiful Spring weather. I'm sore from all the yard work!

@pokeytwisty @caraechris
    It's never too late to improve oneself.
    The more (participants), the merrier!!!

How's everyone's 1st, 2nd week progress?

Amanda
  • lostalykat
    lostalykat Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    I would love to join a group that can help me stay accountable! Is it too late to join in on this? I can have a 7lb goal by june 10 or something LOL
  • SDB210
    SDB210 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Weekly weigh ins

1st April - 161
    8th April - 160
    15th April - 158
    22nd April -
    29th April -
    6th May -
    13th May -
    20th May -
    27th May -
    3rd June -
    10th June -

GW: 153
  • sellerskennington
    sellerskennington Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Welcome all you "late joiners". Many of us in the group are also friends in MFP to help encourage logging our diary and getting exercise in. Feel free to add as friends.

Amanda, @huango, I am so sorry your friends were so wildly inappropriate. I feel as though you are teaching your daughter how to eat healthy and that exercise is important for a healthy lifestyle. You are being a great role model. I have the opposite with my family and friends...they all say I need to focus more on the weight loss and try for at least 30# more.

NSV: I went to the gym twice so far this week. HUGE step since I had not been there since Feb! Next week will aim for 5 days.

Hopefully by Monday, I will have tossed that small gain while on vacation. Need to measure on Monday...haven't done that since Feb either.

If anyone has a FitBit, would love to be friends. Would be so much fun to do challenges as a group on the app!

Happy Hump Day all! Now off to shop for a new dress (via internet at work) for a Gala I am attending on May 4!
  • dhuno
    dhuno Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Another late joiner- 10 by June 10 might be a tad ambitious but it's a goal!

CW- 109
    GW - 100

Ok, I get CW and GW, but would some kind person explain "UGW"? I'm guessing Ultimate Goal Weight.
  • sellerskennington
    sellerskennington Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    @dhuno you are correct! baby steps to reach the ULITMATE GOAL WEIGHT!

@stepherz84 look at you go! that's awesome!
  • summer_of_69
    summer_of_69 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hi, can I join in? What do I have to do to be part of the group, get updates, participate, get and give motivation and support? :)

My info:
    Female, 45, 5'9"
    CW: 202.2 lbs
    GW: 192.2 lbs
    UGW: 165 lbs
  • summer_of_69
    summer_of_69 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    PS - for all of us, here's a great article on the 6 things no one ever tells women about weight loss. #4 is particularly apropos for @huango. Keep it up!
    huffingtonpost.com/anne-ricci/6-things-no-one-tells-women-about-their-weight-loss-journey_b_7003184.html?ncid=fcbklnkushpmg00000063
  • beckymcintyre
    Options
    I'm starting late in the group but better than never. I too need motivation. Lifelong Yo yo weight fluctuations is frustrating.
    5'1"
    Cw 163
    Gw. 153
    Ugw 140