• LittleMiss1D10
    LittleMiss1D10 Posts: 24 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Yay!
  • mrsmuckster
    mrsmuckster Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Hopefully doable - had a wonderful weekend getaway with my husband and just got off the 3 pounds I gained from that

CW (4/7/15) 195.2
    GW: 185.2
    UGW: 165

4/16/15: 194.4 -.8 9.2 to go

• mllemuguet
    mllemuguet Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I'm in!!!

CW 158.6
    GW 148.6
  • groovigyrl
    groovigyrl Posts: 72 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Okay, I'm late too but would like to join.

I'll put down my weight from April 1, when this challenge started (gives me more leeway). :)

CW: 165
    GW: 155
    UGW: 145
  • sellerskennington
    sellerskennington Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    OK guys, I am looking for some assistance/advice. I know I need to work harder in order to see results. One thing I also know from past experiences: my waist and top can/will drop the fat and gain the tone easily. I know spot reducing isn't a thing. But these wide and flabby hips, bottom, and inner thighs...They are so hard to see results. Being 5'1", it really shows also. What are some workouts you would suggest to help with my lower half. For instance, I was thinking planks and then tap my feet off the side...not sure what that is called. Please offer any advice you have seen work!
  • huango
    huango Posts: 1,007 Member
    Options
    Welcome more newbies (to this thread)!!!

@summer_of_69
    thanks for the article. I needed that!

@sellerskennington
    I hear you!!!

I'm short and my lower is way bigger than my uppers (meaning no boobs at all).
    BUT I'm working on it: building up my shoulders/back to make a V-shape, to offset the bottom.

I swear, my thighs are the LAST thing to go when I lose weight, but I feel like this works for me:
    1. RUNNING:
    - 2 kinds:
    - A: just endurance running: 1 mile this week, 2miles, 3miles, for as many miles as you can do: the more you run, the more calories you burn
    - B. hill sprints: yup.
    - when i visit my MIL in NYC, I head to the biggest hills and run up as fast as I can, and walk on down.
    - in the beginning, I could only do 3 runs up. over time, I got to 12 runs up, gasping for air, grabbing my chest after each one, but I did them (and i was running right next to the hospital, just in case; <<----hahahahha

heavy lifting: w/ as heavy as you can go for 5sets of 5reps each
    2. deadlifts w/ bars
    3. kettlebells swing/squats
    4. squats are always awesome

-->>> Hill sprints and deadlifts really help reduce my "2nd" butt (i think that's saddlebags).

"I was thinking planks and then tap my feet off the side"
    I found that these do not do a big enough impact for me.
    they're great for starting out, but you need more intensity, more weights, just more to really see/feel the difference.

BUT you need to start somewhere, so write down a plan and increase the plan each week.

Also, it's about your food: need deficit.
    until you've lost a good amount of the weight you want to lose, you'll still feel pretty flabby, because of the layer of fat over the muscles that you're building underneath.
    So unless you lose the weight, you won't reveal the wonderful beautiful lean muscles you're creating.

You can do this!!!

It's my cut-week and I'm trying not to eat everything in sight.
    Doesn't help that I'm making Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Garlic and Pancetta for dinner; my 9yrs old daughter loves them.

Amanda
  • territime
    territime Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    My goal for the weekend is to log all my food! I typically skip logging halfway through the day on Saturday and Sunday, but I think I really need to see how my weekend eating patterns are impacting my progress.

2 weeks into the challenge and no loss yet!
  • DanaW13
    DanaW13 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join! I am 5'3", mother of two (ages 2&4).

CW: 135
    GW: 125
    UGW: 115
  • jgrabowski33
    jgrabowski33 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    @sellerskennington I've found side planks to be really killer on the obliques, mixed with glute bridges, and glute bridges with one leg raised. I'm not sure of anything for the inner thighs, but anything that works your thighs in general should work- lunges, squats, etc. Plank jacks (kind of what you're describing) are great cardio and definitely work your core all around.

@territime I do the same thing! A lot of time I'm eating out on the weekends, so I have no idea what to enter as far as calories go. I'm also usually busy doing other things, and totally forget to even check in at all.

I lost two pounds this week woo! For a while I was eating back my exercise calories, at least partially. Now that I am just going to the gym and not estimating calories burned, I haven't been eating them back. I'm eating around 1500 calories a day, which was hard for me at first but is pretty easy for me now that I'm used to it. This weekend I plan on going for a hike about an hour away, so I'm thinking of healthy food I can bring with me for a mid-morning snack, lunch, and an afternoon snack.
  • jesycuh92
    jesycuh92 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
    CW: 144
    GW: 135
    UGW:130
  • gabylewis22
    gabylewis22 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Yes please! :smile: My holiday is on June 15th so this is perfect!

Female, 23Yrs, 5"4

SW: 174
    CW: 137
    GW: 126

XXX
  • jlkermode
    jlkermode Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Nice work so far everyone! And hi! to all newcomers!!

@jgrabowski33 nice work!!
    @sellerskennington I agree with others- anything strengthening your quads and glutes will help tighten inner thighs. Squats, lunges, and box jumps!
    @huango you are amazing and don't let others tell you otherwise!! Sadly, they are probably just jealous of your focus and success... As long as you are happy with YOU- keep doing what you are doing!!

I am 1 lb down since the beginning of the challenge! Pretty consistently seeing average of losing .5 lb per wk. I am pretty happy with this and am so happy I'm finally finding my groove with eating and exercising!

April 1: 135.6
    April 17: 134.6

GW: 125.6 UGW: 120

Happy Friday!!
    Jamie
  • ssparkle
    ssparkle Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Can I join now or is it too late??

SW: 190
    CW: 177
    GW: 167

Looking for support system !
  • catcamx3
    catcamx3 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join the challenge. I just started MFP yesterday. Still learning about the app.

I'm 52 and lost 40 pounds about 15 years ago. I have started to creep up by gaining 8 pounds in the last year. I need to get a hold of this before I am really sorry! I am suffering from backache which is preventing me from being motivated to work out like I used to.

Not sure what to do next re this community. Thanks!!

CW/SW 140
    GW 130
  • huango
    huango Posts: 1,007 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Danced all night at the 80's Prom theme concert.
    C+C Music Factory sang their 3 famous songs:
    - Gonna make you sweat, Everybody dance now
    - I got the power
    - Things that make you go hmmm...

Love how people went all out w/ their costumes. I saw:
    - E.T.
    - R2D2
    - actual 80's prom dresses
    - Run DMC
    - The Terminator
    - and a whole lot of BIG hair!!!

Yes, my whole "Desperately Seeking Susan" outfit was from my own closet.
    Hahahahhaa!!

11133969_10206728671161326_5896302087787161529_o.jpg

@jgrabowski33 "I lost two pounds this week woo!"
    GREAT Job!!!

@jlkermode :"I am 1 lb down since the beginning of the challenge! Pretty consistently seeing average of losing .5 lb per wk. I am pretty happy with this and am so happy I'm finally finding my groove with eating and exercising!"
    TOTALLY awesome dudette!

@jesycuh92 @gabylewis22 @ssparkle , @catcamx3 :
    Welcome! Never too late to join.

Like @summer_of_69 said:
    to be part of the group:
    - get updates,
    - participate,
    - get and give motivation and support

Have a great weekend!
    Go and get moving!
    Amanda
  • lilamar
    lilamar Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm a little late, but would love to join the challenge!

CW: 113
    GW: 105

I'm a little new to MFP, any tips or friend requests would be appreciated!
  • vicky1947mfp
    vicky1947mfp Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    Have lost .8 since starting this challenge. Only have 6.4 more to go to reach GW. The last few are really slow. But since I am hoping this is a life change, slow is OK.
  • vicky1947mfp
    vicky1947mfp Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    Have lost .8 since starting this challenge. Only have 6.4 more to go to reach GW. The last few are really slow. But since I am hoping this is a life change, slow is OK.
  • NicoleMcQuillen
    Options
    This is a great idea!! I'm down =)

CW: 168
    GW: 158
    UGW: 130

So far to go =(