Checking in :)

SW: 150
    GW:140
    UGW: 130

April 25 CW - 149 (1 lb loss!)
  • catcamx3
    catcamx3 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I have a question about this app: If I don't exercise in a particular day I accumulate "burned calories" for steps throughout the day. However, if I input a particular exercise and burn, say, 200 calories I get no credit for my steps. Does anyone know why?
  • DanaW13
    DanaW13 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Checking in; weight still at 135, no progress this week :( I hope to have better news next time!

Nice job kittley and ATVer!
  • zenchakra
    zenchakra Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
    CW 150
    GW 145
    UGW 140

We can do this!!! :)
  • cuckoo_jenibeth
    cuckoo_jenibeth Posts: 1,434 Member
    Options
    jenibethbu wrote: »
    Let's do this!
    SW:250
    CW: 182
    GW: 175
    UGW: 165

Check in:
    April 26: 180.8
  • kwfitgal
    kwfitgal Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    @jenibethbu: Just curious...you're in that last 10-15 lb. range--are you finding your weight loss is slowing down at all and you've had to change your methods, or are you "full steam ahead" with the same things you've been doing? Congratulations on a tremendous loss so far and good luck with the rest!
  • cuckoo_jenibeth
    cuckoo_jenibeth Posts: 1,434 Member
    Options
    kwfitgal wrote: »
    @jenibethbu: Just curious...you're in that last 10-15 lb. range--are you finding your weight loss is slowing down at all and you've had to change your methods, or are you "full steam ahead" with the same things you've been doing? Congratulations on a tremendous loss so far and good luck with the rest!

I have gotten into a pattern of every other month...Nov was slow, but dropped inches, Dec was good weight loss, Jan dropped inches, Feb good weight loss, March dropped inches, April has been good loss...
    I am within last 5-7 pounds and feeling like I have found the method that really works for my body! It hasn't been as fast for me as it has for others, but I have really been happy with the changes & the exercise has kept me from the dreaded "loose skin"! It will continue to be a work in progress...
  • jlkermode
    jlkermode Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    catcamx3 wrote: »
    I have a question about this app: If I don't exercise in a particular day I accumulate "burned calories" for steps throughout the day. However, if I input a particular exercise and burn, say, 200 calories I get no credit for my steps. Does anyone know why?

Hi! Are you using a fitbit? I have my fitbit linked to the MFP app and it works by calculating an avg step count throughout the day and giving you calories burned if you keep that average until the end of day. That's why, if you walk a ton in the morning, it will give you an estimated calories burned if you continue that activity through the day. But if you don't have too many steps the rest of the day, it recalculated the actual calories burned. Sometimes I'll have my fitbit steps saying I burned 300 calories, but at night it will recalculate to an actual 150 burned... Does that make sense??
  • rosehips60
    rosehips60 Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    Why not? I'm working on my last 12 pounds anyway!
    SW 222
    CW192
    GW180
  • kbornman21
    kbornman21 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Joining late..

Height 5'6"
    SW- 280
    CW- 279
    GW-200
    UGW-150
  • huango
    huango Posts: 1,007 Member
    Options
    Hope everyone had a great weekend.

I'm back to taking charge of my food, instead of letting it take control of me.
    I went on a mini-vacation, where I ate a lot of food and a lot of drinking (compared to usual) and it's all logged in.
    So I'll spend the next 2 weeks working off the damage.
    But I'm in control again.

Anyone else grow veggies?
    We're in New England, and I just got my spinach/lettuce seeds in the ground (the snow only melted just last week).
    My green beans, peas, and zucchini seeds are germinating on little plates, getting ready for the ground.

I love the end results, when my daughter gets off the school bus, walks by the garden, pluck off a few snap peas and/or cherry tomato, and pops them into her mouth walking into the house.

@DanaW13: "weight still at 135, no progress this week"
    did you take measurements or progress pictures?
    do your clothes feel looser?
    I'm not a fan of the scale; I prefer the updates of measurements or how I feel in my clothes.
    No weight loss does not have to equate to no progress.

I love Sohee's post on making progress:
    https://facebook.com/SoheeFit/posts/636750673135828?fref=nf

Let's be Amazing on Monday!!!

Amanda
  • sunnydays851
    sunnydays851 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    CW: 117 (5'1", don't worry!)
    GW: 107
    UGW: 100
  • pleasepleaseno
    pleasepleaseno Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I'm down
    CW: 153
    GW: 143
    UGW: 135
  • alexelmer
    alexelmer Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Joining late too!

Height 5"6
    CW: 158 lb
    G2: 140lb

Please add me as a friend to motivate me!!!
  • DanaW13
    DanaW13 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    huango wrote: »

@DanaW13: "weight still at 135, no progress this week"
    did you take measurements or progress pictures?
    do your clothes feel looser?
    I'm not a fan of the scale; I prefer the updates of measurements or how I feel in my clothes.
    No weight loss does not have to equate to no progress.

I love Sohee's post on making progress:
    https://facebook.com/SoheeFit/posts/636750673135828?fref=nf

Let's be Amazing on Monday!!!

Amanda

Amanda--thanks for the advice/encouragement! I haven't done measurements, maybe I will start that, but I can't say my clothes feel looser. But I upped my running speed yesterday by running intervals for 4 miles, so I feel good about that :). Enjoy your veggie garden!
  • borntowin4me
    borntowin4me Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join.
    Height: 5'4"
    CW:150.8
    GW: 140.8
    UGW:128
  • jlkermode
    jlkermode Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday!
    I have to admit, much like @huango, I took a break from logging over the weekend. I just needed some time off from scrutinizing everything I ate. The past week was awesome, in terms of sticking to my low carb goal and hitting the gym. But by Friday, I was exhausted from it and needed a break.

A frustrating thing I dealt with this week, is that I Gained a couple lbs...but I've lost an inch from my waist in the last month! Although it's hard to see this as a NSV in my mind, my MFP buddies have made me feel good about this development!! Thanks guys!!

This wk's goals are getting back to a good diet and being more strict on weighing everything accurately with my handy dandy food scale :)

Way to go all you ladies! Amazing people here!!
  • jgrabowski33
    jgrabowski33 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hope everyone had a great weekend!

I lost two more pounds last week, bringing me down do 172 lbs.

I ate a lot of salty food over the weekend so I'm up a little bit again today, but hopefully I flush it all out by tomorrow. I'm itching to get to the gym tonight, it's such a weird feeling! I'm thinking about incorporating yoga into my off days, and focusing on core work too.
  • FabulouslyFi
    FabulouslyFi Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hiya
    I'd like to join too
    June 10th is a day after my birthday and my GW is 140Ib ..
    How do I join in?
  • territime
    territime Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I had a great weekend and enjoyed a much needed girls night in. I went down to 152.4 on Saturday morning, but this morning I jumped up to 156 :s

Last week was my first week doing intermittent fasting, and it went really well! It helped me move the scale after not seeing any change for the past month. This is week 2 doing IF, and I'm confident I'll see movement again. I'm happy with it so far.

Hope everyone has a great week!