Thighs Hips and Butt...LADIES lifting heavy

Options

Replies

• RoundDoz
    RoundDoz Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    my waist is a 25 and hips a 41. i dont want to lose the depth in my ratio. does that mean others are dis-proportioned? i dont know...dont really care. Im talking about me lol! Im concerned about losing my curves thats all Im saying. and though the ladies suggested look good...none have big hips. Thats disappointing. its like you cant keep your big hips and be cut and firm. perhaps my erception is screwed?...I dont know. But as was said before, my body will do what it wants. Ill be happy with being healthy. going to that community now@blb85:)
  • RoundDoz
    Options
    *perception
  • RoundDoz
    Options
    still want to see you alls before and after heavy lifting pics....especially those who have big curves
  • RoundDoz
    Options
    blb85 wrote: »
    The Success Stories boards have a ton of pcitures/stories about women who weight-lifted as well, and you will definitely see their curves are kicking!
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1045433/women-lifting-heavy-with-pics#latest

none of the pics show up:(

• 3bambi3
    3bambi3 Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    yopeeps025 wrote: »
    3bambi3 wrote: »
    JoRocka wrote: »
    RoundDoz wrote: »
    dl56cuz21qij.jpg

this picture makes me angry.

You mad at her genetics?

I'm guessing she's mad at the ridiculous photoshop job.

Well maybe but there are women who do have close waist/hip ratio. Would you call the photos disproportionate?

My main beef is that they took a woman that appears to be a healthy weight and made her lower half larger. Like, twice as big as it really is. So, for her, it is disproportionate.

I'd have the same response if they had taken her image and made her thighs impossibly small as well.
  • Eudoxy
    Eudoxy Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Cherimoose wrote: »
    The real Teairra Mari:

pnq7b9z.jpg

The first pic looks like injections or photoshop.

Thank you for posting this, the first pic looked fake!

OP, barbell hip thrusts and glute bridges are the best for lifting the butt.
  • Fujiberry
    Fujiberry Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about it. Lifting will give you firm curves as long as you're eating and training for your goal. I thought I was stuck in my ruler shaped body, but training and eating properly together we're able to give me some curves.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    Cherimoose wrote: »
    The real Teairra Mari:

pnq7b9z.jpg

The first pic looks like injections or photoshop.

This has to be an older photo. Teairra Mari does not look near that lately.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    dl56cuz21qij.jpg

You mad at her genetics?

Well maybe but there are women who do have close waist/hip ratio. Would you call the photos disproportionate?

My main beef is that they took a woman that appears to be a healthy weight and made her lower half larger. Like, twice as big as it really is. So, for her, it is disproportionate.

I'd have the same response if they had taken her image and made her thighs impossibly small as well.

Nailed it.

It's just ABSURDLY bad.

She has a beautiful natural looking figure- and now it looks outlandish. Again- makes me angry.
  • yopeeps025
    Options
    dl56cuz21qij.jpg

You mad at her genetics?

Nailed it.

It's just ABSURDLY bad.

She has a beautiful natural looking figure- and now it looks outlandish. Again- makes me angry.

She actually does have curves. She also put on a little weight from that above photo.

• RoundDoz
    Options
    Fujiberry wrote: »
    Don't worry about it. Lifting will give you firm curves as long as you're eating and training for your goal. I thought I was stuck in my ruler shaped body, but training and eating properly together we're able to give me some curves.

thanks:). thats also another things. Do I need to be specific with my eating? i eat a plant based diet. I figured I would just eat more to compensate for the heavy lifting. Do I need to count calories and grams? thats such bondage to me. I want to be free to eat. Not eat a lot....just free to eat. If Im giving my body what it needs (legumes grains fruits veggies and nuts) why would I have to worry about how much of this that and the other? anyways....is it necessary?. I have tweaked my eating to less grains to shed more fat but thats about it.

• Eudoxy
    Eudoxy Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    dl56cuz21qij.jpg

You mad at her genetics?

Nailed it.

It's just ABSURDLY bad.

She actually does have curves. She also put on a little weight from that above photo.

Who said she doesn't have curves? They were obviously greatly exaggerated in that fake photo.

• RoundDoz
    Options
    alright alright. can we get over the photoshop pic already. back to me! hellooo. lol
  • RoundDoz
    Options

you rock!
  • DirrtyH
    DirrtyH Posts: 664 Member
    Options

thanks:). thats also another things. Do I need to be specific with my eating? i eat a plant based diet. I figured I would just eat more to compensate for the heavy lifting. Do I need to count calories and grams? thats such bondage to me. I want to be free to eat. Not eat a lot....just free to eat. If Im giving my body what it needs (legumes grains fruits veggies and nuts) why would I have to worry about how much of this that and the other? anyways....is it necessary?. I have tweaked my eating to less grains to shed more fat but thats about it.

If your goal is to lose fat, then you have to burn more calories than you consume. If eating how you want and lifting is accomplishing this, then there's no reason to change. But if it's not working and you're not shedding any fat, then, yes, counting calories would be a good next step. What types of foods you eat is less important to that equation than how much.
  • RoundDoz
    Options
    ok:)
  • yopeeps025
    Options
    What stats did MFP give you when you filled out your profile?
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Eudoxy wrote: »
    dl56cuz21qij.jpg

You mad at her genetics?

Nailed it.

It's just ABSURDLY bad.

Who said she doesn't have curves? They were obviously greatly exaggerated in that fake photo.
    exactly- and as someone with a fairly generous rump- I'm not hating on that. It's fine- it's just that picture is as I said- absurd.
  • RoundDoz
    Options
    What stats did MFP give you when you filled out your profile?

is this question for me? if so what do you mean...
  • cydneejae
    cydneejae Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am with you OP. i am trying to lose 25- 30 more while lifting heavy at the same time. It is a cultural thing, some folks do not understand the struggle to lose weight and preserve the rump and hips. Good luck!