Thighs Hips and Butt...LADIES lifting heavy

Options

Replies

• RoundDoz
    RoundDoz Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    cydneejae wrote: »
    I am with you OP. i am trying to lose 25- 30 more while lifting heavy at the same time. It is a cultural thing, some folks do not understand the struggle to lose weight and preserve the rump and hips. Good luck!

whats OP?
  • RoundDoz
    Options
    RoundDoz wrote: »
    I am with you OP. i am trying to lose 25- 30 more while lifting heavy at the same time. It is a cultural thing, some folks do not understand the struggle to lose weight and preserve the rump and hips. Good luck!

i agree!
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    yopeeps025 wrote: »
    What stats did MFP give you when you filled out your profile?

is this question for me? if so what do you mean...

When you filled out MFP profile, It ask for goals and weekly goals to eat for calories? how much you want to lose? How quick you want to lose it? These are number you need to know to figure out how much to eat to lose weight.

• yopeeps025
    Options

whats OP?

Original poster. So you LOL
  • RoundDoz
    Options
    lol...sorry i am just starting to do posts so....yea. duh me. smh
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    3bambi3 wrote: »
    JoRocka wrote: »
    dl56cuz21qij.jpg

this picture makes me angry.

You mad at her genetics?

I'm guessing she's mad at the ridiculous photoshop job.

Well maybe but there are women who do have close waist/hip ratio. Would you call the photos disproportionate?

Do you pick ridiculous arguments everywhere you go? It's a horrid photoshop job. Nobody said anything about her measurements and whether or not they were "bad."
  • yopeeps025
    Options
    _dracarys_ wrote: »
    dl56cuz21qij.jpg

You mad at her genetics?

Well maybe but there are women who do have close waist/hip ratio. Would you call the photos disproportionate?

Do you pick ridiculous arguments everywhere you go? It's a horrid photoshop job. Nobody said anything about her measurements and whether or not they were "bad."

I didn't even notice the first photo. Also did not know it was who it was or I would of knew right off the back that it was fake. Also why is asking a question=starting an argument?

• JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    dl56cuz21qij.jpg

You mad at her genetics?

I didn't even notice the first photo. Also did not know it was who it was or I would of knew right off the back that it was fake. Also why is asking a question=starting an argument?

It's feeling a little excessive in this thread (if you're looking for an honest reaction- because I kind of had the same response)
  • yopeeps025
    Options
    dl56cuz21qij.jpg

You mad at her genetics?

It's feeling a little excessive in this thread (if you're looking for an honest reaction- because I kind of had the same response)

Well you are wrong. The only person who I am in disagreement with is myself for lack of dedication for upcoming beach season that I have never been ready for physically or mentally.
  • JoRocka
    Options
    dl56cuz21qij.jpg

You mad at her genetics?

Well you are wrong. The only person who I am in disagreement with is myself for lack of dedication for upcoming beach season that I have never been ready for physically or mentally.

I'm not wrong. A feeling is not wrong.

I said it was FEELING that way. Because that's the way it's reading to me. So no- I wasn't feeling wrong.

Feelings aren't wrong- they just are.
  • RoundDoz
    Options
    I dont really count calories

When you filled out MFP profile, It ask for goals and weekly goals to eat for calories? how much you want to lose? How quick you want to lose it? These are number you need to know to figure out how much to eat to lose weight.

well like i was saying before I dont really count calories or grams and percents and things. I eat a mostly plant-based diet and incorporating raw foods soon so I expect my body to just do what it would naturally do seeing as Im feeding it what it needs and not what I want. I practice portion control by eating frequently as my body suggests when im hungry and eating until im satisfied, not full. it works for me. The thing is I use to yo yo in weight and then when I went plant based I would binge at times so this is where the extra fat came from in the unwanted areas. And also I had troubles eating regularly. I didnt eat enough...at all. Im 5'6 and 150lbs. But my body consistently drops inches....as I believe its just fixing itself to a natural state now....whatever size at whatever weight. I have been consistent with my eating for a while now so I am now incorproating exercise and not completely sure how to make sure Im getting enough for my workouts. Does this mean now I have to do the calorie count and gram count and percent count and so forth?
  • yopeeps025
    Options

well like i was saying before I dont really count calories or grams and percents and things. I eat a mostly plant-based diet and incorporating raw foods soon so I expect my body to just do what it would naturally do seeing as Im feeding it what it needs and not what I want. I practice portion control by eating frequently as my body suggests when im hungry and eating until im satisfied, not full. it works for me. The thing is I use to yo yo in weight and then when I went plant based I would binge at times so this is where the extra fat came from in the unwanted areas. And also I had troubles eating regularly. I didnt eat enough...at all. Im 5'6 and 150lbs. But my body consistently drops inches....as I believe its just fixing itself to a natural state now....whatever size at whatever weight. I have been consistent with my eating for a while now so I am now incorproating exercise and not completely sure how to make sure Im getting enough for my workouts. Does this mean now I have to do the calorie count and gram count and percent count and so forth?

Not to confuse you but you might have to count calories. There is nothing wrong with that. I have loss weight with both methods(counting and not counting). One method has more data which makes it easier to stay consistent. It all depends on how you estimate your exercise calories. I'm not going to try to sell you on counting because I was there and didn't want to at first. What I will say is when you count calories you can have a better idea on if you are eating enough for your exercise level. Also some people do have some sort of heart rate monitor to calculate there exercise calories. They claim it is very close for exercise calorie burns.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options

Maybe yes, maybe no. What works in the beginning stages of weight loss doesn't necessarily work the whole way through. I lost 30 something pounds without counting calories and then got stuck and had to tighten up my method by weighing/measuring food and counting calories. Usually when you change your way of eating, such as cutting out meat, you drop calories for at least awhile due to just cutting out an entire food group. I cut out the majority of grains and sweets during that 30 pound period, for instance. But as time goes on you either start eating more or your weight drops enough that your required calories in decreases to the point where you're no longer eating in a deficit. At that point you need to either count calories or devise another way to be sure to create that deficit again if you want to lose weight because as far as weight loss goes, what you eat does not matter but how much you eat does.
  • RoundDoz
    Options
    thanks guys. VERY true and very helpful. Since we are on the nutrition...my aim is not to lose weight, its to gain muscle. My original post talks about me wanting to lift heavy so that i can firm, lift, and get cut. I know naturally I will lose more wight but thats not the point anymore. I want to the above plus preserve my curves. This is my focus now. So with that being said...this is where my concern for eating enough comes from. I know i have to eat more now but Not sure how to tell if im eating enough for heavy lifting. Im starting next week. From what you all are saying though, Im thinking i would have to start counting...
  • yopeeps025
    Options
    thanks guys. VERY true and very helpful. Since we are on the nutrition...my aim is not to lose weight, its to gain muscle. My original post talks about me wanting to lift heavy so that i can firm, lift, and get cut. I know naturally I will lose more wight but thats not the point anymore. I want to the above plus preserve my curves. This is my focus now. So with that being said...this is where my concern for eating enough comes from. I know i have to eat more now but Not sure how to tell if im eating enough for heavy lifting. Im starting next week. From what you all are saying though, Im thinking i would have to start counting...

Without counting calories we cannot tell you how much more you need to eat to fuel your body.
  • blb85
    blb85 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    According to bodybuilding.com, "when trying to gain lean muscle during a rigorous exercise program, a good rule of thumb is to shoot for an intake of about 13-15 calories per pound of bodyweight. So for a 110-pound woman, total daily calories would be between 1,430 to 1,650; for a 150-pound woman, about 1,950 to 2,250."

bodybuilding.com has a lot of good information if you are serious about gaining muscle.
  • Fatgirlslim140
    Options
    I've got a bit of a problem too . I've always been curvy , top half has always been small and big thighs and bum however I started university in September and gained a large amount of weight .. Now I've started gaining weight on my stomach (especially hips) and arms ! Oh my god my arms :( so if any one has any tips on how to get that hour glass back please let me know ..
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    I've got a bit of a problem too . I've always been curvy , top half has always been small and big thighs and bum however I started university in September and gained a large amount of weight .. Now I've started gaining weight on my stomach (especially hips) and arms ! Oh my god my arms :( so if any one has any tips on how to get that hour glass back please let me know ..

Lose the fat that you have gained.
  • RoundDoz
    Options
    blb85 wrote: »
    According to bodybuilding.com, "when trying to gain lean muscle during a rigorous exercise program, a good rule of thumb is to shoot for an intake of about 13-15 calories per pound of bodyweight. So for a 110-pound woman, total daily calories would be between 1,430 to 1,650; for a 150-pound woman, about 1,950 to 2,250."

bodybuilding.com has a lot of good information if you are serious about gaining muscle.

wonderful! but oh my thats a lot. Im scared. lol.And thats extremely tough for a plant based girly. *strained face*....where these calories come from matters too, right? (i.e whether its fat or from carb or protein or blah blah)
  • JoRocka
    Options

You're going to have a difficult timing fufiflling these two bolded goals.

Honestly if you aren't lifting now- and you are a reasonable height and weight currently.
    1.) start logging/weighing/tracking your foods.
    2.) Figure out what maintenance is- and do that.
    3.) start lifting (starting strength/strong lifts/new rules of lifting/strong curves)
    4.) stick with it for at least 6 months.
    5.) determine if you need to lose more- or you need gain.