Liar, liar, pants on fire

Options
2stepscloser
2stepscloser Posts: 2,900 Member
What about you do people have a hard time believing?

People seem to be floored when I tell them I was a smoker and smoked for 15 years. Apparently, I don't "look" like a smoker. WTH is that supposed to mean? Another one I get is that people can't believe I wear a size 5 ring (I'm 6 ft tall), apparently that makes me a freak as well.

Replies

• plumpncurvy
    plumpncurvy Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    That I eat healthier (most of the time) and work out more than most of my friends, mainly because I am and have always been the biggest of most my friends.
  • wisdombabies
    Options
    LOL! I get that a lot too! When people find out I am bi-racial they don't believe it and want me to "prove" it. Seriously??!! WTF! Why would I care if you believe it or not!!?? Some people!! UGH!
  • hhayes06
    hhayes06 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Most people have a hard time believing that I played rugby for a few years in college. They have an even harder time believing it when I tell them that how much smaller I was then. :drinker:
  • bushidowoman
    bushidowoman Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options

People seem to be floored when I tell them I was a smoker and smoked for 15 years. Apparently, I don't "look" like a smoker. WTH is that supposed to mean? Another one I get is that people can't believe I wear a size 5 ring (I'm 6 ft tall), apparently that makes me a freak as well.

But...you just look so...wholesome! :laugh:
    I was a smoker, too, for about 10 years. And I rode a motorcycle and hung out with bikers and frequented bars and have a tattoo...
    Ssshhhh, don't tell all my homeschooling mamas and church ladies. :wink:
  • kelly101386
    kelly101386 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    A lot of people have a hard time believing that I don't wear foundation at all and they don't believe that I don't moisterise or use anti aging creams and all that.
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    Probably since your not dead have yellow teeth or bad wrinkles lol :)
  • bonjour24
    bonjour24 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    People don't believe I'm a marathoner. Because I'm quite fat, and fat people don't run apparently. One of the Drs I work with once asked me if I was lying when I told him I was in training. He said straight out that 'you don't have the body of a runner. They're usually toned and of a more specific body type. You're quite fat and you don't have that body type.' I laughed because it's true. But I still do it. And my fat *kitten* jiggles.
  • stephx4
    stephx4 Posts: 810
    Options
    Most people don't believe I don't smoke or drink alcohol and I have 4 kids with the same man :)
  • maisid
    maisid Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I like this thread, since there are a lot of things people do not believe about me.. :D

1. People believe I weigh 180, when in reality I weigh 220 ( I hide the lbs pretty well)

2. Nobody believes I haven't been in any kind of relationship for the past 11 1/2 years!!

3. Nobody believes I haven't been intimate with anybody for the past 7 years!!

4. People believe I am frustrated and bitter because I don't even date, when in reality I am just not interested at the moment, I have had a lot going on (University, being a single mother, work, traveling etc) I just don't have time to meet anybody.
  • 2stepscloser
    2stepscloser Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    People don't believe I'm a marathoner. Because I'm quite fat, and fat people don't run apparently. One of the Drs I work with once asked me if I was lying when I told him I was in training. He said straight out that 'you don't have the body of a runner. They're usually toned and of a more specific body type. You're quite fat and you don't have that body type.' I laughed because it's true. But I still do it. And my fat *kitten* jiggles.

Omg, I can't believe someone would say that. Good for you, that's awesome! I'm totally jealous.
  • louloulou
    louloulou Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    people don't believe I am in my mid 30s. I look a lot younger. The other day in a work meeting, someone who didn't know me, said within earshot "that young girl..." It is funny and I do take it as a complement but at times it can be really annoying, especially in my work.
  • jellyjojo
    jellyjojo Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    people don't believe I am in my mid 30s. I look a lot younger. The other day in a work meeting, someone who didn't know me, said within earshot "that young girl..." It is funny and I do take it as a complement but at times it can be really annoying, especially in my work.

I get the exact same thing - it used to annoy me but these days I like to mess with peoples heads and tell them about my 15 year old daughter before my age gets mentioned, even at 33 I'm quite a young mum (had her when I was 18) but I just love to watch people try to mask their horror and judgement as they try to do the calculations based on how old they assume I am!:laugh: :laugh:
  • Jovette42
    Jovette42 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    OOOOO this is fun :laugh:

Most people don't believe a lot of things:

1.That I'm in my 40s (I'll be 44 this year and I tend to forget my age since it's just a number to me and most of our friends are younger but act older :O LOL)

2. Nobody believes me when I say that I have 1 adult child (will be 20 this year) 1 soon-to-be adult child (turn 18 TOMORROW YAY!!) and a 16 year old. This is hard for them bc they think I'm just in my 30s so that means I had my oldest son at 14-15 :O LMAO

3. People never believe that I'm usually always nice :bigsmile: See I'm the President of the Happy Club at school (I'm a teacher and we need to be happy.) It started off as the President of the Joke Club and then one year we did our "back to school" exercise and turned into "Making a Difference" in someone's life. Ever since then I've been the President. (I had everyone on bus duty doing the Can Can as the kids left, it was sooooooo much fun and the kids loved it. :tongue: YES I'm silly too.

4. NOBODY believes that I'm a Marine bc of #3 :laugh: Apparantly there are no nice Marines we are just mean, lean fighting machines??

5. Most people don't think I'm Panamanian either apparantly IF I am not fluent in Spanish that automatically disqualifies me??? BUT I can dance my butt off :wink:
  • bushidowoman
    bushidowoman Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Oh, yeah, when people first meet me, they also don't believe I have seven children. I have to show them pictures.
    "YOU gave birth to all those children?" Yes.
  • DalekBrittany
    DalekBrittany Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    That I am not even old enough to drink yet! lol.
  • IronAddict86
    IronAddict86 Posts: 708
    Options
    That I've only been training for 8 months & that I also was a smoker for 15 years

Btw you're 6ft tall Meredith. I'm 6.1 but no way you're wearing heels when we're out for that date girl lol ;p.
  • LavaDoll
    LavaDoll Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    <-- few months shy of 42.
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options
    You should see peoples reactions when I tell them I have 6 kids. they are floored. It's fun.
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    Ppl think that Im nice. secretly im mean.

I smoke and Im never quiting.
  • barbaratrollman
    barbaratrollman Posts: 317 Member
    Options

I get the same reaction when I tell people that I used to be a smoker. I smoked from the time I was 13-years old until I quit when I was 31. I'm told that it is difficult for people to picture me with a cigarette.