Liar, liar, pants on fire

Options

Replies

• DalekBrittany
    DalekBrittany Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    <-- few months shy of 42.

I can see that. No, I'm just kidding, I would have guessed maybe 35?
  • ladyark
    ladyark Posts: 1,101 Member
    Options
    They have a hard time believing that i was 200 pounds and huge ( im 5ft) .....and would sit and eat cake or cupcakes and pizza every single day.

They have a hard time believing i lost 85 lbs by eating right and moving my *kitten* 5 days a week ( most often at 5am for an hour).

They also have a hard time believing i am not even close to done yet....
  • TheBaileyHunter
    TheBaileyHunter Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    People are usually shocked when I tell them I'm an ex-smoker (going on 3yrs) & that I smoked for 30 years. They also find it hard to believe that I'm as heavy as I am (when I discuss with my girls ONLY), and that my kids are all pretty much grown up.
  • Bernadette60614
    Bernadette60614 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    That I love disco.

That I have to work hard every day to be upbeat...I come from a family with a long history of hospitalizations for depression.
  • Miss_Meliss86
    Miss_Meliss86 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    When I tell people I used to have bright pink hair, gauged ears, went to raves and consumed all kinds of illicit substances, I usually get a blank stare followed by a "you've got to be f%@#$ng kidding ".

Also, now that I'm in graduate school, people have a hard time believing that I was almost kicked out of my undergraduate program for low grades :-P
  • 5ftnFun
    5ftnFun Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    I am definitely a type b, laid back kind of person and it takes to get me riled up. A bit quiet til I get to know you. So sometimes folks are surprised at how assertive I can be when I need to be.

I used to represent my doctor's office when their patients' workers compensation claims were denied by the insurance company. Funny to think back how the insurance companies' attorneys would size me up and think I was a pushover: young, short, quiet. They often would refuse to negotiate with me, but that was fine by me. When we went before the judge, I always won. :bigsmile:
  • Cindy873
    Cindy873 Posts: 1,165
    Options
    People never believe that I have a child who is almost 21.
  • laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    That I've never smoked pot or done any illegal drug. Given my upbringing, it is hard to believe I didn't take that route.
  • 5ftnFun
    5ftnFun Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    People never believe that I have a child who is almost 21.

Looking smoking hot there Momma! :smokin:
  • justicer68
    justicer68 Posts: 1,223
    Options
    Alot of people don't believe that I was a pack a day smoker for probably 20 years and never exercised a day in my life til i was 39
  • dakitten2
    dakitten2 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    People don't believe it when I tell them I have never shaved my legs. My legs and arms are virtually hairless so if I see an occasional stray hair on my legs, I just pluck it with tweezers.

The most aggravating one, is that people believe I had surgery to lose this weight. I hate it when the first thing people say is did you have surgery to lose your weight? No you moron, do have to pull up my shirt here in the middle of this store to prove it!

Another is how mathematically inclined I am. I took math electives in high school and college because I love the challenge. I was taking college math classes while I was still in high school. I got tired of hearing that "girls" aren't suppose to be good in math. Well, this biotch is!
  • operation_cute
    operation_cute Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    people don't believe my weight lol apparantly I can't be over 200 lbs :p I guess I should feel flattered... except I feel huge :p oh and that I have 4 kids :) They think I'm too young to have 4 haha then I tell them my age ;)
  • xvxCelticWandererxvx
    xvxCelticWandererxvx Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    That I have kids ages 21 and 19 years old.
  • DalekBrittany
    DalekBrittany Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    To repost the info because I know some people wanted it, the website is tineye.com, it's used to reverse search pictures. You can either save it to your comp and upload it to the site, or right click it and hit "copy image URL" and paste it into the box on the right. It's a helpful tool to have around nowadays when you can never be too sure who's who!
  • Pamella513
    Pamella513 Posts: 72
    Options
    People, for some reason, have a difficult time wrapping their heads around the fact that I listen to hard rock, alternative and punk music, as opposed to classical and country. "But you dress so conservatively". Kinda have to. Don't think the Judge I work with would appreciate me clerking court wearing my biker boots, jeans and leather jacket.

They also find it hard to believe that I'd rather drive a muscle car as opposed to a mini van. Because I'm over 40, I guess that means I need to get rid of my car and give up my dream of having a motorcycle so that I can get a station wagon or mini van. I don't think so!!!
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Once, a guy in a bar where I bartended got very angry with me and called me a liar several times when I told him I wasn't Irish.

Mostly, though, people think I'm a lot younger than I am and can't believe I have an 18-year-old child.
  • BradHallFitness
    BradHallFitness Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    That I'm Batman.
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    I am an ex smoker as well! It has been 10 years now....
  • teddy1234567
    teddy1234567 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    At my highest weight i was talking about loosing weight with a couple of friends and when i told them how much i weighed, they were like "nooo waaay" .....uum yes i am and THANKS!!!!
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    That I'm Batman.
    Ssssshhh!