How to make regular cheerios taste good?

Options
I like the honey nut ones but not the regular ones. The regular ones just taste sugarless, like they have no taste.

Is there a way to make them taste like the honey nut ones or at least taste good? I'm eating them plain, not with milk.

I've heard you can put sugar on them but like what kind or does it matter? And wouldn't it just fall into the bowl and only stick to a few of them?

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Eat the honey nut ones?
  • cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
    Have the honey ones.
    Add honey to the plain ones.
    Add nuts to the plain ones.
    Add nutbutter to the plain ones.
    Add honey and nutbutter to the plain ones.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    Eat the honey nut ones?

This.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    Drizzle them with honey and mix them with nuts.
  • arditarose
    Options
    So basically eat the honey nut, or put honey and nuts on the plain ones.
  • leahraskie
    leahraskie Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I assume you want to eat the regular ones because they are healthier than the honey nut ones... If you add sugar and honey they become a pretty decent chunk of calories compared to the other varieties. Just eat the honey nut ones.
  • cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
    Use them to garnish a bowl of ice cream.
    With added honey and nutbutter.
  • jenncornelsen
    jenncornelsen Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    Eat what u like.....
  • arditarose
    Options
    cityruss wrote: »
    Use them to garnish a bowl of ice cream.
    With added honey and nutbutter.

winner
  • arditarose
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    Why is every thread about cereal? And they are all about cereal you don't like.

I don't get this either. If you don't like a cereal, don't eat that cereal. Unless I'm missing something.

I was just excited it wasn't an oatmeal thread.
  • arditarose
    Options
    leahraskie wrote: »
    I assume you want to eat the regular ones because they are healthier than the honey nut ones... If you add sugar and honey they become a pretty decent chunk of calories compared to the other varieties. Just eat the honey nut ones.

No I want to eat the regular ones cause they have twice as much iron as the honey nut and my iron is really low. I saw a nutritionist and she wants me to eat more iron rich foods and Cheerios was on the list she gave me.

So why not keep eating the cheerios you enjoy, and add in more iron with...other foods?
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    Add (real) maple syrup.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    I buy 1 box of sweetened Cheerios (I like apple cinnamon) and one box of plain Cheerios. I mix the two together. That lowers the sugar quite a bit and still tastes good.
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,624 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I read this as Cheetos

In which case you can make Cheerios better by replacing with Cheetos.

Also serious answer... just eat the honey nut ones and/or add milk? Like dafuq, there will be just a slight calorie difference. I much prefer honey nut Chex to the plain so I eat honey nut way more than I do the regular, but I like both. i also like both dry, but if I want a bowl of cereal and not just something crunchy to snack on, I'll eat it with cereal.

This thread is weird, man.
  • elisabeisme
    elisabeisme Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    frosted mini wheats has more iron than Cheerios. I recommend going to the grocery aisle and reading the boxes to find an alternative you like better.
This discussion has been closed.