How to make regular cheerios taste good?

Options

Replies

• HowlinAl
    HowlinAl Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    frosted mini wheats has more iron than Cheerios. I recommend going to the grocery aisle and reading the boxes to find an alternative you like better.

Is there a way to make regular mini wheats taste like frosted mini wheats?

Ha!
  • pepperpat64
    pepperpat64 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    skullshank wrote: »
    I'd just take iron tablets if your iron is that low. :)

Wait wait, I have an idea, grind the iron pills into a powder and sprinkle it on the cheerios. Your eyes will make your brain think the powder is sugar.

but it wont TASTE better! PLZ PAY ATTENTION!

How do you know? Have you done it? What kind of support is this forum.

you know what, you're right.
    i apologize for being a bully.

OP, i think MrM is onto something here!

let us know how it goes!

Why would I try it? I'm not lacking iron. I eat a T-Bone steak every day for breakfast. And I eat cheerios. T-Bone steak coated in Cheerios. That's how I make my plain Cheerios taste better.

You're definitely not lacking iron but you could potentially be having other health problems. A steak for breakfast isn't healthy. Did you know that eating red meat every day like that majorly increases your risk of heart problems?

Also you can get too much iron. I hope you don't cook your steak in cast iron. You might wanna get checked for hemochromatosis.

Hemochromatosis is hereditary. It's not caused by cooking in cast iron pans.
  • kevinsimmers
    kevinsimmers Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I like the multi grain ones, they have great flavor
  • pepperpat64
    pepperpat64 Posts: 423 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    AlisonH729 wrote: »
    ana3067 wrote: »
    I read this as Cheetos

In which case you can make Cheerios better by replacing with Cheetos.

But the Cheetos turn my milk orange.

Use orange juice instead of milk. Problem solved.
  • kevinsimmers
    kevinsimmers Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    AlisonH729 wrote: »
    I read this as Cheetos

In which case you can make Cheerios better by replacing with Cheetos.

But the Cheetos turn my milk orange.

Use orange juice instead of milk. Problem solved.

I think i just threw up a little in my mouth lol
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options
    kristydi wrote: »
    Isn't the iron in cereal added, not naturally there? If that's the case, I'd just eat what I liked and take a supplement.

OP has posted here a few times before. She is an extremely picky eater (almost like a toddler), and she has an irrational fear of swallowing a pill, she won't eat Flinstone's vitamins, and she usually refutes helpful suggestions saying that they won't work for her.

I'm not personally attacking OP, as I'm sure she's an overall nice person, but that is how her threads usually pan out.

Is she trolling or something?

pure-encapsulations-iron-liquid2.jpg

I honestly don't know.

I'm sure she has some reason why she can't take the liquid iron supplement. It may upset her delicate taste buds?

too wet?

tasting-something-bitter.jpg

^Poor OP.

Is that a glass of wine? I don't like wine, I feel for this woman.
  • ana3067
    Options

Wait wait, I have an idea, grind the iron pills into a powder and sprinkle it on the cheerios. Your eyes will make your brain think the powder is sugar.

Or just snort it. I mean, this forum already established that carbs and sugar are crack or something, so if you're going to pretend the iron pills are sugar might as well do it rihgt.
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    sullus wrote: »
    If you're looking for iron, don't forget dark chocolate and cocoa powder. Both have more iron per ounce than beef liver.

Also - most breakfast cereals have a lot of iron. Multigrain cheerios have 51% more iron than regular. (62 mg vs 40mg)

Spinach as an iron source is questionable at best. It doesn't have that much at all. Spring mix has more than 2x the iron of spinach.

How does dark chocolate have more iron than beef liver? I looked up Ghirardelli dark chocolate and it has like 15% for 3 squares (although it does depend on the kind of dark chocolate like 60%, 70%). I'm not a fan of dark chocolate but it's tolerable. I'd eat it if it were super rich in iron but 3 pieces seems like a lot for only 15%.

Multigrain cheerios have the same amount of iron as the regular. I looked it up and they used to have 100% (that would have completely solved my problem) but they changed it. It's still a good suggestion though and I plan to try them.

They should just make a cereal called IronRich or something like that where they can load up on the iron and it's only for women who are menstruating. That way nobody will complain and ask them to lower the iron content.

Yeah you're right. I checked the nutrition label on a can of spinach at the store and although it had 15% iron for a 1/2 serving it also had 15% calcium. That will just cancel each other out.

I'm not sure what spring mix is. I haven't heard of it.

Per ounce. Dark chocolate has 15% of daily iron in 1 ounce. Beef Liver has 10% in one ounce. Of course a serving of chocolate is around an ounce, and a serving of liver is more like 5 oz, so the liver will have more per serving.

I looked up the numbers on regular and multigrain cheerios. multigrain have 51% more iron (at least in the US).

Spring mix is this:
    RSS_Spring_Mix_0.jpg?itok=AnlPGFqP
  • Smallc10
    Smallc10 Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    I add honey to them, but I also eat mine with just a tiny bit of milk. The milk actually gets sweet with the honey in it. It's great!
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    Marshmallow Fluff & rainbow sprinkles. That's how I used to eat them as a kid.
  • Ilikelamps
    Ilikelamps Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    put cayenne pepper on them! for serious!!!
  • ana3067
    Options

but it wont TASTE better! PLZ PAY ATTENTION!

How do you know? Have you done it? What kind of support is this forum.

you know what, you're right.
    i apologize for being a bully.

OP, i think MrM is onto something here!

let us know how it goes!

Why would I try it? I'm not lacking iron. I eat a T-Bone steak every day for breakfast. And I eat cheerios. T-Bone steak coated in Cheerios. That's how I make my plain Cheerios taste better.

You're definitely not lacking iron but you could potentially be having other health problems. A steak for breakfast isn't healthy. Did you know that eating red meat every day like that majorly increases your risk of heart problems?

Also you can get too much iron. I hope you don't cook your steak in cast iron. You might wanna get checked for hemochromatosis.

giphy.gif

So I guess if he eats his steak for dinner instead of breakfast he's totally healthy, amirite.
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options

This should be awesome....
    michael-jackson-gifpopcorn-gifeating-popcorn.gif
    The amount of comments I could come back with are so many I can't decide. But instead I'm deciding that it's just so sad I won't go there. So so sad.

but but..... I was counting on you...
    Disappointed-Meme-1.jpg
  • slucki01
    slucki01 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Try the multigrain Cheerios -- they have a little bit of sweetness to them
  • ana3067
    Options
    tumblr_me7bb4EUGE1rm7b5lo1_500.gif
This discussion has been closed.