How to make regular cheerios taste good?

Options

Replies

• wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,573 Member
    Options
    sullus wrote: »
    Multigrain cheerios have 51% more iron than regular. (62 mg vs 40mg)

And they are YUMMY! Love Multi grain cheerios!
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options
    ana3067 wrote: »
    kristydi wrote: »
    Isn't the iron in cereal added, not naturally there? If that's the case, I'd just eat what I liked and take a supplement.

OP has posted here a few times before. She is an extremely picky eater (almost like a toddler), and she has an irrational fear of swallowing a pill, she won't eat Flinstone's vitamins, and she usually refutes helpful suggestions saying that they won't work for her.

I'm not personally attacking OP, as I'm sure she's an overall nice person, but that is how her threads usually pan out.

Is she trolling or something?

pure-encapsulations-iron-liquid2.jpg

I honestly don't know.

I'm sure she has some reason why she can't take the liquid iron supplement. It may upset her delicate taste buds?

too wet?

tasting-something-bitter.jpg

^Poor OP.

Is that a glass of wine? I don't like wine, I feel for this woman.

You know, I'm not sure. It looks frothy, so maybe it's some kind of beer?

Or it could be toilet water. I don't know.

all 3 are GROSS anyways so I still feel her.
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    Don't be mean - cereal is very complicated.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    sofaking6 wrote: »

So complicated I have not bought a box in like 16 years. Makes me fat, ya know.
  • ana3067
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    sofaking6 wrote: »

So complicated I have not bought a box in like 16 years. Makes me fat, ya know.

even these?
    cereal_one330x247.jpg
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    Isn't the iron in cereal added, not naturally there? If that's the case, I'd just eat what I liked and take a supplement.

OP has posted here a few times before. She is an extremely picky eater (almost like a toddler), and she has an irrational fear of swallowing a pill, she won't eat Flinstone's vitamins, and she usually refutes helpful suggestions saying that they won't work for her.

I'm not personally attacking OP, as I'm sure she's an overall nice person, but that is how her threads usually pan out.

I honestly don't know.

I'm sure she has some reason why she can't take the liquid iron supplement. It may upset her delicate taste buds?

too wet?

^Poor OP.

Different strokes, man.

I, for one, enjoy my daily shot of toilet water. The post-biotics have really helped curb my appetite and detoxify my insides.
  • glevinso
    glevinso Posts: 1,895 Member
    Options

I honestly don't know.

too wet?

^Poor OP.

Different strokes, man.

I, for one, enjoy my daily shot of toilet water. The post-biotics have really helped curb my appetite and detoxify my insides.

BWAHAHAHA "post-biotics"... thats friggin hilarious :)
  • ana3067
    Options

I honestly don't know.

too wet?

^Poor OP.

Different strokes, man.

Yellow or brown toilet water? If it's the brown water then it's like detox inception man.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Options

I honestly don't know.

too wet?

^Poor OP.

Different strokes, man.

Yellow or brown toilet water? If it's the brown water then it's like detox inception man.

Poopception.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Options
    glevinso wrote: »

I honestly don't know.

too wet?

^Poor OP.

Different strokes, man.

BWAHAHAHA "post-biotics"... thats friggin hilarious :)

It's science, dude.

Science!.gif
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    OP could just eat her Cheerios out of a cast-iron skillet and get all the iron she needs.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    zyxst wrote: »
    OP could just eat her Cheerios out of a cast-iron skillet and get all the iron she needs.

THATS 2 MUCH IRON!

not to mention hemochromatosis!!!!!!!!!!!

panic.gif
  • levitateme
    levitateme Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    This thread has gotten so stupid. Thanks to all of you who actually tried to be helpful.

I just saw my doctor today and she is very concerned about my iron. It's a very big issue. But yet you all just wanna make jokes and go off topic. Whatever. I'm out of here.

Take a multi-vitamin with iron. Eat a cereal you like instead of one you don't like. Not sure why you needed to post a whole thread about this.
  • ana3067
    Options
    This thread has gotten so stupid. Thanks to all of you who actually tried to be helpful.

I just saw my doctor today and she is very concerned about my iron. It's a very big issue. But yet you all just wanna make jokes and go off topic. Whatever. I'm out of here.

Then pull up your big-girl pants and then take an iron supplement.
  • ana3067
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    The thread has gotten stupid? Gotten?

OP, you've inspired me though. Later tonight I will be looking for ways to make my Rice Krispies taste like Coco Krispies.

Methinks chocolate protein powder in the milk WOO. I have one that tastes like cocoa puffs to me, but it gives me an upset stomach (Kaizen/Bodylogix brand).

ALSO omg. for some reason this make me think of puffed wheat squares, I used to LOVE those. We used to make them at home in big batches.. I think I need to make a GF version with rice krispies.
This discussion has been closed.