How to make regular cheerios taste good?

Options

Replies

• illyich
    illyich Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Here, OP. Just eat your Honey Nut Cheerios and add an ounce of dried thyme.

http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/spices-and-herbs/211/2

Outcome A) >dat iron

Outcome B) you'll quickly come to realize that an ounce of dried thyme is way more than you thought

Outcome C) you'll never complain about the taste of plain cheerios again
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options
    55yc4rwgu7d3.jpg
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options
    kbdp3qknf82p.jpg
  • laura3977
    laura3977 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    You know, I just thought of something ... Why exactly is she on MFP? It says she has lost 0 lbs of 0 lbs, she's not talking about gaining weight or losing weight or maintaining weight, it all seems to revolve around iron deficiency. What the troll?!?!
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    Ok. so I have mentioned this several times, but I will mention it again.

My son has a sensory processing disorder, and really struggles with tastes and textures. He eats no meat, few veggies/fruit. Very little iron rich food.

His pediatrician has him on flintstones brand chewable vitamins. He doesnt love them, but he dutifully takes one every single day. He drinks a beverage with it, chews it slowly to make sure there are no "chunks", and swallows it.

He is 6 years old. And yet some how he gets the concept that he must take this supplement in order to grow and be a healthy kid. And eating these fruity/chalky vitamins is not a treat for him. He does it because the doctor said he must.

Edited to add- my son has perfect iron levels. :)

My daughter has issues as well. She's 20, though. She takes a chewable vitamin. She also got shots when needed and swallows pills when necessary.

She's terrified of vomiting. The one time we had the flu, I stayed awake all night with her, holding her hair back and telling her it was okay to let it go because she kept fighting her body's urge to throw up.

What you said, what I know of my daughter, what the OP said, what I've experienced of life... I add it all together and...

The OP is just trolling for attention. I don't believe a word she's saying. I'll allow that there might be one small kernel of truth somewhere, but it's been buried under a pack of lies.

• sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    OK, so:
    OP goes to doctor. Doctor says take pills. OP says she can't because of anxiety. Doctor says then OP should get help for anxiety. OP then decides that the doctor just diagnosed her with anxiety.

As far as I can tell, OP diagnosed herself with anxiety. I believe (if s/he is not the best troll ever) that a more serious psychiatric disorder is present. Not that anxiety isn't serious, I just mean...something that maybe should lead to inpatient care. Or a Troll Crown.
  • laura3977
    laura3977 Posts: 191 Member
    Options

My son has a sensory processing disorder, and really struggles with tastes and textures. He eats no meat, few veggies/fruit. Very little iron rich food.

His pediatrician has him on flintstones brand chewable vitamins. He doesnt love them, but he dutifully takes one every single day. He drinks a beverage with it, chews it slowly to make sure there are no "chunks", and swallows it.

He is 6 years old. And yet some how he gets the concept that he must take this supplement in order to grow and be a healthy kid. And eating these fruity/chalky vitamins is not a treat for him. He does it because the doctor said he must.

My daughter has issues as well. She's 20, though. She takes a chewable vitamin. She also got shots when needed and swallows pills when necessary.

She's terrified of vomiting. The one time we had the flu, I stayed awake all night with her, holding her hair back and telling her it was okay to let it go because she kept fighting her body's urge to throw up.

What you said, what I know of my daughter, what the OP said, what I've experienced of life... I add it all together and...

The OP is just trolling for attention. I don't believe a word she's saying. I'll allow that there might be one small kernel of truth somewhere, but it's been buried under a pack of lies.

Completely agree with you @mamapeach910 - it really bothers me that she makes all these claims about anxiety, which is not joking matter, when I also believe she is craving for attention and in her normal life is probably full of drama NOT anxiety!
  • kamakazeekim
    kamakazeekim Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options

Also, there is absolutely nothing wrong with obtaining iron through cereal. A lot of people have corrected anemia through Total cereal. So what that it's added to it and not there naturally? That's exactly how a supplement is. The iron is added to it and not there naturally. It doesn't mean anything.

Why don't you eat Total cereal then? Or buck up buttercup and eat some dang meat or take an iron supplement? You know what I don't like? Throwing up! You know what caused me to throw up? My prenatal vitamin! Guess what I did?! I took my dang vitamin for the sake my my baby and my health! It's time to woman up and stop complaining!

I also liked the idea another poster made....getting a mirena helped stop my heavy periods which greatly improved my iron.
  • pepperpat64
    pepperpat64 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    TL; DR can someone please briefly explain to me how a thread on cheerios got to 500+ posts? :smile:

Because Cheerios are AWESOME.
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    Maybe OP works for Kellogg's. This is an elaborate scheme to sell more Cheerios.... because I just put them on my grocery list...
  • marissafit06
    marissafit06 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    MyM0wM0w wrote: »
    Maybe OP works for Kellogg's. This is an elaborate scheme to sell more Cheerios.... because I just put them on my grocery list...

:p Dying
  • rayneface
    rayneface Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Is this really still happening?
  • pepperpat64
    pepperpat64 Posts: 423 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    MyM0wM0w wrote: »
    So, you're 23 and still living off your mom.
    I don't need to taste them, I eat meat to counteract my severe iron deficiency.

I'm not 23. I'm 21. I never said I was 23. And yes I was living at college (I did for a couple years) but the iron deficiency got too bad and I had to come home. I've been out of school for an entire year cause of it.

Your profile says you're 23... in case you were wondering where she got that number.

Well it's wrong. I never put my real birthday online. I'm 21.

You put your correct age on your other profile.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/user/BlondeeBeauty/profile/BlondeeBeauty?target=&redirected=true

ETA: I mean your *supposedly* correct age. LOL.
  • SconnieCat
    SconnieCat Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    rayneface wrote: »

Yes.

lamb_chop_zpsc39c0797.jpg
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options
    SconnieCat wrote: »

Yes.

Ahhh Lampchop ... also high in iron! :laugh:
    EWJLang wrote: »

You know what? ENOUGH.

Suck it up, buttercup. You are going to HAVE to do something you don't liiiiiike or don't waaaaannaaaaaa. Quit your whining and do what has to be done. You aren't going through chemo or suffering from some really debilitating disease. You just have anemia. You can't just slug around your parents' house forever, you have to get up and get a job and work until you can go back to school.

Can't swallow the pill? Then it's either liquid or injection. Boo hoo you "heard" some things about those, if it was really a concern, you'd learn to swallow the pill. You don't have a choice, here. You MUST choose one of the options that will get you up and moving and functioning as an adult. Enriched cereal is fine for mild anemia, but if you only had mild anemia you bet you could hold down a job, FFS.

This is not about what you "want" or what you "like." You don't have the luxury of being "picky" or "skeered of a pill." Eat the clams. IDGAF if you don't like them. Eat beef. Your so-called "food poisoning" fear doesn't even make sense...almost nobody gets food poisoning from steak. Take a supplement. If you are that skittish about injections and unwilling to take the liquid, you'll swallow the pill. You have to pick one of those three.

Welcome to adulthood. You have to do things that aren't 100% sunshine and roses. 20+ pages of whining about nothing has worked my last nerve. No wonder your mother has had it. Bet she's regretting letting your get away with being a "picky eater" as a child, ugh.

I love you. Marry me plz.
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    SconnieCat wrote: »

Yes.

Some people started posting in it, not knowing what it was. Then they ended up here forever because this is the thread that never ends.
    Great now I have that stuck in my head :D

I'm not going to go back and read 26 pages of Cheerios....Cliff notes?
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,624 Member
    Options
    JaneiR36 wrote: »
    Blondebeauty... serious question. What if you were in a situation where your doctor told you "if you don't take this pill right now you are going to die in 60 minutes"!!
    Would you be able to take it then? You'd force yourself right?
    Well, if you truly want some kind of normal life, you are going to have to grit your teeth and do it. Just doooo it :smile:

Hmm I dunno. Assuming she has mental issues, this could be like asking a depressed person why do they not just snap out of it.

More like asking a depressed person why they don't just grit their teeth and go to therapy and/or get a rx for ADs. And depending on the person, asking for help can be a difficult thing to do, it can feel awkward to go for help, etc. It was awkward for me because I didn't want to have to involve my parents into my personal life but I HAD to because I'm still on their health care plan.

But I've done both, so...... if OP has a mental disorder then she can also buck up and take anti-anxiety/AD medication along with some iron supplements.
  • ana3067
    Options

Yup, I called this a few pages ago! Although it's been obvious for at least a dozen+ now.
  • ana3067
    Options

Also, there is absolutely nothing wrong with obtaining iron through cereal. A lot of people have corrected anemia through Total cereal. So what that it's added to it and not there naturally? That's exactly how a supplement is. The iron is added to it and not there naturally. It doesn't mean anything.

Why don't you eat Total cereal then? Or buck up buttercup and eat some dang meat or take an iron supplement? You know what I don't like? Throwing up! You know what caused me to throw up? My prenatal vitamin! Guess what I did?! I took my dang vitamin for the sake my my baby and my health! It's time to woman up and stop complaining!

I also liked the idea another poster made....getting a mirena helped stop my heavy periods which greatly improved my iron.

Read the thread, it cause blindness or something. OR maybe that was in her old thread about Total cereal.
This discussion has been closed.