How to make regular cheerios taste good?

Options
1373839404143»

Replies

• chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    -honey-nut-cheerios_20120509232616.jpg
  • HeySwoleSister
    HeySwoleSister Posts: 1,938 Member
    Options
    glevinso wrote: »
    At first I thought - Yum, Cheerio martini! It looks grainy, though.

Quick question - is there any way to make a regular Cheerio martini taste good?

Ahh crap - here we go with another 30 page monster...

I usually have the honey nut cheerio martinis, but they only contain 12% alcohol. The regular ones contain 15% abv, but they just don't send my taste buds on a magic carpet ride.

What is your priority? Oblivion or the opportunity to tempt your tummy with the taste of nuts and honey?

• Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    I lied about having an appointment in 2 months to get you guys to stop suggesting that cause I knew it wasn't an option.

Why not

And I'm looking for food related advice. Not supplements. How to get my iron up through foods I like. It can't be that difficult. So yeah if supplements are suggested I'm not gonna take the advice. I know without a doubt that I will never take liquid iron or iron infusions. The only supplement I could possibly take is the Flintstones.

Again, people are accusing you of trolling, because if your iron deficiency was as bad as you say it is, you wouldn't turn your nose up at the great advice that was given.

Because once an iron deficiency reaches that point, the only real option is supplementation.

You also won't eat foods high in iron. Except cereal and turkey balls.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    EWJLang wrote: »
    At first I thought - Yum, Cheerio martini! It looks grainy, though.

Quick question - is there any way to make a regular Cheerio martini taste good?

Ahh crap - here we go with another 30 page monster...

I usually have the honey nut cheerio martinis, but they only contain 12% alcohol. The regular ones contain 15% abv, but they just don't send my taste buds on a magic carpet ride.

What is your priority? Oblivion or the opportunity to tempt your tummy with the taste of nuts and honey?

My mom won't buy me the honey nut ones anymore, okay?!?

I'm reporting you to the moderator. This is out of control.
  • glevinso
    glevinso Posts: 1,895 Member
    Options
    I lied about having an appointment in 2 months to get you guys to stop suggesting that cause I knew it wasn't an option.

And I'm looking for food related advice. Not supplements. How to get my iron up through foods I like. It can't be that difficult. So yeah if supplements are suggested I'm not gonna take the advice. I know without a doubt that I will never take liquid iron or iron infusions. The only supplement I could possibly take is the Flintstones.

So you lie to us about one thing - how are we to ever be capable of believing you about anything else? Clearly you are capable of lying if it suits your benefit.

And based on your stated symptoms, food is NOT going to cut it anymore. You are TOO deep into a hole. Supplementation is about your only hope at this point. You could stuff yourself until you are 100lbs overweight and probably still not get enough bio-available iron out of your food.
  • chivalryder
    Options

Also, here's basically what I eat in a day since you guys don't believe that I eat 1700-2000 calories a day. Oh and to the person who said how it says I've lost 0 pounds in 0 days or whatever and I don't have a food diary on here, I don't keep track of all that. I know what I need to eat on a daily basis to maintain my weight.

Bfast:
    3 serving sizes of Frosted Flakes
    1-2 serving sizes of milk
    A banana
    Orange juice

Snack:
    A serving of Honey Nut Cheerios

Lunch:
    Varies, grilled cheese/turkey sandwich/hotdog with baked beans. Always have an apple and a tangerine with lunch.

Snack:
    Candy (M&Ms/Reese's)

Dinner:
    Pasta - 2 serving sizes (400 calories)
    Veggies - 1-2 serving sizes
    Bowl of chocolate ice cream

The entire community has given you at least 100 suggestions on how to get more iron in your diet.

Since you obviously aren't going to accept this advice because of the 1000 problems you have I give you one other suggestion:

Deal it with, GTFO, and figure it out for yourself, since you cannot act like an adult, suck it up, and do what's right for you.
  • pepperpat64
    pepperpat64 Posts: 423 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options

Food advice: eat iron-rich foods. Here's a list.

http://www.webmd.com/diet/iron-rich-foods

Your question has been answered. Goodbye.
  • glevinso
    Options

Also, here's basically what I eat in a day since you guys don't believe that I eat 1700-2000 calories a day. Oh and to the person who said how it says I've lost 0 pounds in 0 days or whatever and I don't have a food diary on here, I don't keep track of all that. I know what I need to eat on a daily basis to maintain my weight.

Bfast:
    A banana
    Orange juice

Snack:

Lunch:
    Varies, grilled cheese/turkey sandwich/hotdog with baked beans. Always have an apple and a tangerine with lunch.

Snack:
    Candy (M&Ms/Reese's)

Dinner:

The entire community has given you at least 100 suggestions on how to get more iron in your diet.

Since you obviously aren't going to accept this advice because of the 1000 problems you have I give you one other suggestion:

Deal it with, GTFO, and figure it out for yourself, since you cannot act like an adult, suck it up, and do what's right for you.

She seems incapable of adulting...
  • SconnieCat
    SconnieCat Posts: 770 Member
    Options

Bfast:
    A banana
    Orange juice

Snack:

Lunch:

Snack:
    Candy (M&Ms/Reese's)

Dinner:

OP, I'm going to let you in on a secret.

But you can't tell anyone.

There's this really cool website that will scour the Interwebz for you and FIND YOU page upon PAGE of websites with information on food that is just laden with iron.

Ready?

www.google.com And if you're feeling fancy, go ahead and try www.bing.com or www.yahoo.com or *kitten*...even www.dogpile.com

Crazy, right?

You just go in there...type what you're looking for (I tried "Food Rich in Iron" for funsies) and IT WILL - hold on to your Cheerios - LITERALLY BRING YOU UP WEBSITE TO CLICK THROUGH!

mind-blown-thumb.jpg
  • pepperpat64
    Options

She seems incapable of adulting...

She feeds off drama. Sad. I do hope she gets help before it's too late.
  • glevinso
    Options

I'm not sure it has since the original question was how to make cheerios taste like honey nut cheerios... Seems unless we provide that exact information, this thread will just keep going.
  • jesiann2014
    jesiann2014 Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    zoodocgirl wrote: »
    I LOVE the taste of plain Cheerios....but I will admit the smell of them reminds me unpleasantly of toddlers.

BAHAHAHAHA! They really DO!!
  • pepperpat64
    Options

I'm not sure it has since the original question was how to make cheerios taste like honey nut cheerios... Seems unless we provide that exact information, this thread will just keep going.

She said in the post I quoted that she's looking food-related advice (including exact information), which she's gotten countless times already, in this and her other 12 or so threads on this topic. LOL.
  • chivalryder
    Options

But we told her how to make her Cheerios taste better.

Then she said it wouldn't work because of her never-ending list of self-inflicted problems that she cannot overcome because of her anxiety that she refuses to get help for.

Or did she get help for them, say 100 different therapists and they all said she's beyond help?

Frak. I can't remember any longer.

I'm going to go eat some Cheerios now.
  • pepperpat64
    Options

But we told her how to make her Cheerios taste better.

Then she said it wouldn't work because of her never-ending list of self-inflicted problems that she cannot overcome because of her anxiety that she refuses to get help for.

Or did she get help for them, say 100 different therapists and they all said she's beyond help?

Frak. I can't remember any longer.

I'm going to go eat some Cheerios now.

I'm with you. So glad I work on a college campus where cereal is a staple item in the cafeteria. HEHE
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options
    Why_a7be39_1774934.jpg
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    loveskeletor.gif

Look! Skeletor with a puppy!!!
This discussion has been closed.