How to make regular cheerios taste good?

Options

Replies

• Curtruns
    Curtruns Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    So this is where everyone has been for the past several days......I have been missing out. Have we discovered the correct method to make regular Cheerios taste good?
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,624 Member
    Options
    Troutsy wrote: »
    SconnieCat wrote: »
    rayneface wrote: »
    Is this really still happening?

Yes.

lamb_chop_zpsc39c0797.jpg

Some people started posting in it, not knowing what it was. Then they ended up here forever because this is the thread that never ends.
    Great now I have that stuck in my head :D

I'm not going to go back and read 26 pages of Cheerios....Cliff notes?

OP is a troll who fears eating anything except for Cheerios, hotdogs, broccoli, and some select meats. She's so iron deficient that she cannot breathe properly (it took her maaany posts and me telling her that inability to breathe is not a symptom of anemia before she said "oh yeah, that's waht I meant, I can't breathe as well"), cannot put on makeup, can barely make it to the kitchen, has dropped out of university and now lives at home with her mom, but she somehow has enough energy to eat 1700-2000 calories a day and spend hours on MFP. She's also lied about her age, her appointments with doctors, and has likely lied about her anemia and anxiety issues. And states a plethora of asinine food and medication fears.

Best guess is she's either a 15 year old girl with few friends or she's a fat old man with no friends.
  • SconnieCat
    SconnieCat Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Curt911 wrote: »
    So this is where everyone has been for the past several days......I have been missing out. Have we discovered the correct method to make regular Cheerios taste good?

Snort 'em.
  • HeySwoleSister
    HeySwoleSister Posts: 1,938 Member
    Options

my scientific experience tells me that the way to make regular Cheerios taste good is to put them in your mouf.

• PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options

Snort 'em.

Crush them up first. Hurts if you don't. Not that I have experience with that or anything...
  • SconnieCat
    SconnieCat Posts: 770 Member
    Options

Snort 'em.

Crush them up first. Hurts if you don't. Not that I have experience with that or anything...

Damn. I knew I was skipping a step...... good looking out.
  • kamakazeekim
    kamakazeekim Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    If I eat red meat for 5 days straight, will it correct this? How much of it would I have to eat?

Holy balls *face palm* NO!!!!! Eating meat for 5 days in a row will not correct severe anemia! Your long term overall diet MUST change. This is not something that can be fixed in 5 days and stay fixed if you go back to eating like crap.
  • Curtruns
    Options
    EWJLang wrote: »

my scientific experience tells me that the way to make regular Cheerios taste good is to put them in your mouf.

And the winner is EWJLang!!!
  • pepperpat64
    pepperpat64 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    MyM0wM0w wrote: »
    Maybe OP works for Kellogg's. This is an elaborate scheme to sell more Cheerios.... because I just put them on my grocery list...

I know, right?? I was ready to hit the 24-hour Walmart at 2 a.m. and buy like 18 boxes of Cheerios.
  • kamakazeekim
    kamakazeekim Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options

Although that seems logical and I should prioritize my health, anxiety is illogical and doesn't work that way. If I were to be able to get the Flintstones down, I would freak out. I would pace the room and flail my hands and be trying desperately to get the taste out of my mouth. I'd probably freak out for 30 minutes to an hour and hopefully not stress so much that I'd throw it up. That's why I haven't taken the supplement.

See a dang therapist! Now! Get off the computer and make an appointment! Why are you still here? Go!
  • ana3067
    Options
    Maybe OP works for Kellogg's. This is an elaborate scheme to sell more Cheerios.... because I just put them on my grocery list...

I know, right?? I was ready to hit the 24-hour Walmart at 2 a.m. and buy like 18 boxes of Cheerios.

This thread just made me want Chex cereal. Which is General Mills.
  • Curtruns
    Options

Snort 'em.

Honorable mention here :)
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    ana3067 wrote: »

I love Chex. I always sprinkle a bit of evil aspartame on mine, then add milk and half a cut up banana.
  • ana3067
    Options

I love Chex. I always sprinkle a bit of evil aspartame on mine, then add milk and half a cut up banana.

Uh, like just eat the Honey Nut ones, duh! I like the plain ones though too.
  • AlisonH729
    AlisonH729 Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    So, you're 23 and still living off your mom.

Woah hey. Now obviously living 'off' & living 'with' is not the same thing. But in defense of anyone still living at home, I lived with my parents until I was 27. Granted by then if I had to go the doctor I had my own insurance from my own big girl job, and was able save up the down payment on a condo. But at 21, even at 23 to an extent I still relied on them for some stuff. Like my car loan from the Bank of Mom (which has since been paid off). Not defending the OP. Just letting anyone who may have said, 'Hey I still live with my parent(s)' that it's okay.

And I know that this is off topic, but lets face it, it's way too late to worry about that.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options

That works too!

The chocolate ones are pretty good, also. There are some other varieties, but I haven't tried them all. I should really expand my Chex palate.
  • pepperpat64
    pepperpat64 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    1. Crush Cheerios to powder
    2. Coat piece of chicken in Cheerio-powder
    3. Cook chicken
    4. Eat
    There. Now the Cheerios taste like chicken and contain more iron.
    :)
  • Curtruns
    Options
    AlisonH729 wrote: »
    So, you're 23 and still living off your mom.

Woah hey. Now obviously living 'off' & living 'with' is not the same thing. But in defense of anyone still living at home, I lived with my parents until I was 27. Granted by then if I had to go the doctor I had my own insurance from my own big girl job, and was able save up the down payment on a condo. But at 21, even at 23 to an extent I still relied on them for some stuff. Like my car loan from the Bank of Mom (which has since been paid off). Not defending the OP. Just letting anyone who may have said, 'Hey I still live with my parent(s)' that it's okay.

And I know that this is off topic, but lets face it, it's way too late to worry about that.

Wait a sec.....is the OP complaining about the Cheerios that mom buys? That makes me question the purpose of this whole thread. The OP is simply ungrateful
  • ana3067
    Options

That works too!

The chocolate ones are pretty good, also. There are some other varieties, but I haven't tried them all. I should really expand my Chex palate.
    I've only done the plain and honey nut because I eat gluten-free... and I don't think the other flavours are GF :(
  • Ang108
    Ang108 Posts: 1,711 Member
    Options

[/quote]

I’m not getting an iron injection/infusion. I’ve heard terrible stories about those. I asked my doctor about those just out of curiosity and she said those are very rare and only done if absolutely necessary.
    [/quote]

Have you also " heard " that anemia so severe that you can't get out of bed is normally life threatening from a certain point on ?
    So, maybe you should indeed forget all about enriched cereal, drops, pills or supplements and just get ready for the event that puts all that misery to an end.

This discussion has been closed.