The "Food Babe" Blogger Is Full of Crap

Options

Replies

• jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    SideSteel wrote: »
    What "good reasons" have you heard for not vaccinating?

I have relatives. Of this ilk. My relative suggested that experimental vaccinations in the Congo created the AIDS epidemic.
  • FitForL1fe
    FitForL1fe Posts: 1,872 Member
    Options
    135263-imgur-the-simple-image-sharer-SlRq.gif
  • peachyfuzzle
    peachyfuzzle Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Demon_Lord wrote: »
    I agree with Hari's statements, however its not practical. THere is no way that we can go natural in this day and age. Don't try to fool yourself and believe that by going organic you will live a chemical free life.

True that.
    Start with salt. It's got Chlorine in it, the same thing they put in pools!

And Sodium! Have you ever seen what happens when you put that stuff in water?!?!?!?!
  • crazyjerseygirl
    crazyjerseygirl Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    jgnatca wrote: »
    SideSteel wrote: »
    What "good reasons" have you heard for not vaccinating?

I have relatives. Of this ilk. My relative suggested that experimental vaccinations in the Congo created the AIDS epidemic.

Oh sweet bob.
    The crazies, they huuuurt!
  • crazyjerseygirl
    Options
    I agree with Hari's statements, however its not practical. THere is no way that we can go natural in this day and age. Don't try to fool yourself and believe that by going organic you will live a chemical free life.

True that.

And Sodium! Have you ever seen what happens when you put that stuff in water?!?!?!?!

Yup. It makes you explode. Salt will bleach your innards then make you explode.
  • jgnatca
    Options
    The government is suppressing this information, too.
  • peachyfuzzle
    peachyfuzzle Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options

True that.

Gee, thanks for saving me from spontaneous combustion, Food Babe. I now owe you my undying allegiance
  • crazyjerseygirl
    Options
    The government is suppressing this information, too.

Ahh but your relative found out somehow right!
    I mean, it's not like he just made it up right?
    Right?
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options

True that.

Not to mention water. That stuff is a byproduct of burning rocket fuel!
  • jgnatca
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Ah, but the internet slips through the government's heavy fingers! Top ten hits, anyways!
  • crazyjerseygirl
    Options

True that.

Gee, thanks for saving me from spontaneous combustion, Food Babe. I now owe you my undying allegiance

You're welcome citizen!
    It's all a day in the life of
    *puts fists on hips and smiles towards camera*
    FOOD BABE!
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Do you guys remember a thread a few months back where a woman insisted that sodium bicarbonate was a toxin because they use it in rock quarry leaching processes or something like that? That was one of my favorite all time threads...
  • crazyjerseygirl
    Options
    Ah, but the internet slips through the government's heavy fingers! Top ten hits, anyways!

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

SNOWDEN WAS WRONG!
  • crazyjerseygirl
    Options
    Kruggeri wrote: »
    Do you guys remember a thread a few months back where a woman insisted that sodium bicarbonate was a toxin because they use it in rock quarry leaching processes or something like that? That was one of my favorite all time threads...

So because they use food for non-food things it's poison?

I wonder what they think of corn ethanol?
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options

Oh she was a peach. I can't remember what started it, I think it had something to do with KFC, she said that it was evil because they use chemicals in the chicken, and when we prompted her to name the evil chemicals she said sodium bicarbonate. You know, baking soda. She wouldn't back down though. Said she doesn't consume it. EVER.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options

And because it was used to strip paint.

Of course, so are walnuts, but she didn't seem to care about that.

• crazyjerseygirl
    Options

Oh she was a peach. I can't remember what started it, I think it had something to do with KFC, she said that it was evil because they use chemicals in the chicken, and when we prompted her to name the evil chemicals she said sodium bicarbonate. You know, baking soda. She wouldn't back down though. Said she doesn't consume it. EVER.

I doubt any of us do. From Wikipedia:

"Above 50 °C, sodium bicarbonate gradually decomposes into sodium carbonate, water and carbon dioxide. The conversion is fast at 200 °C:[10]"

So she's right. She probably never eats any sodium bicarbonate. Probably eats a ton of that stuff though!
  • crazyjerseygirl
    Options

And because it was used to strip paint.

Of course, so are walnuts, but she didn't seem to care about that.

I once used walnut shells to dye my hair. Obviously evil chemicals.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options

Yep, it took 15 pages to find out what the toxin in KFC was that made it non-food.....

She came in all high horse about the sodium bicarbonate that's used in, I thought a sand blasting type process, but "would you put that in your body"

25 replies back....You mean baking soda? She disappeared and I haven't seen them since.