The "Food Babe" Blogger Is Full of Crap

Options
1151617181921»

Replies

• PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    This isn't Foodbabe but another anti vaxxer. The most ridiculous thing I've seen. Warning: contains potential triggers of abuse.
    https://www.facebook.com/vaccineinfo/posts/10153193325775891:0

Former rape victim weighing in here.

That's disgusting. I really don't even have words for what that is, but disgusting will do.

• elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    This isn't Foodbabe but another anti vaxxer. The most ridiculous thing I've seen. Warning: contains potential triggers of abuse.

I have a few names I want to call them, but They would certainly be against the mfp rules.

That is in really bad taste. Like seriously?
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options

These are people who have lost all sense of proportion and reality and empathy.

• PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    I keep thinking of that and getting angrier, not just because of the picture, but as a person on immune suppressants and the whole ignorance of the anti-vax movement to be using THAT sort of imagery... where's my choice walking around with a suppressed immune system in the face of their idiocy?
  • snikkins
    snikkins Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    I'm asked not to bring peanut butter and jelly sandwiches when I work as a substitute (which sucks because it's a super easy vegetarian lunch) because a kid on the campus might be allergic and I have no way of knowing.

But you can just not vaccinate your child and that's totally cool whether or not you're aware of kids or adults with immune system issues being present (and I've been to a school where they had 3 kids currently fighting cancer)!

I am so freaking proud of California for stepping up and requiring vaccinations.
  • horrorfan
    horrorfan Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Now, while I am a huge proponent in not eating processed foods or cosmetics, she just takes it too far. A lot of harmless ingredients are listed by their scientific names and those are always hard to pronounce. I could understand avoiding stuff like PEG-18, but to avoid ANYTHING that you cannot say? She sounds like a fanatic
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    DaneanP wrote: »
    If you choose not to vaccinate your kid for any other reason than they are immune compromised or have a legit allergy to the vaccine then please home school them and keep them away from the public. Not vaccinating for "reasons" is selfish beyond belief.

Allergy is not an excuse. My oldest tested positive to whole eggs, egg yokes, and egg whites. (Yes, they tested all three and he is legit allergic. Annoying, not life threatening.) He gets a flu shot every year and is up to date on all other vaccines. The American board of pediatrics says egg allergies are not a contraindication.

There are some people who are allergic to other ingredients in vaccines though.

Glad your son can be vaccinated :smile:

Egg is the most common. I've not heard of allergies to any other ingredients.

I think it's severity, I know this is my friends problem and her son has most vaccinations but the dr doesn't want to risk MMR till he's older.

Hope they keep him out of Disney Land till he's older too.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    horrorfan wrote: »
    Now, while I am a huge proponent in not eating processed foods or cosmetics, she just takes it too far. A lot of harmless ingredients are listed by their scientific names and those are always hard to pronounce. I could understand avoiding stuff like PEG-18, but to avoid ANYTHING that you cannot say? She sounds like a fanatic

I'm not a huge fan of eating cosmetics either. They just aren't focusing on flavor these days.
  • crazyjerseygirl
    crazyjerseygirl Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    brower47 wrote: »
    DaneanP wrote: »
    If you choose not to vaccinate your kid for any other reason than they are immune compromised or have a legit allergy to the vaccine then please home school them and keep them away from the public. Not vaccinating for "reasons" is selfish beyond belief.

Allergy is not an excuse. My oldest tested positive to whole eggs, egg yokes, and egg whites. (Yes, they tested all three and he is legit allergic. Annoying, not life threatening.) He gets a flu shot every year and is up to date on all other vaccines. The American board of pediatrics says egg allergies are not a contraindication.

There are some people who are allergic to other ingredients in vaccines though.

Glad your son can be vaccinated :smile:

Egg is the most common. I've not heard of allergies to any other ingredients.

I think it's severity, I know this is my friends problem and her son has most vaccinations but the dr doesn't want to risk MMR till he's older.

Hope they keep him out of Disney Land till he's older too.

Yup. Which is sad because apparently Disney has really good allergy policies.
  • tinascar2015
    tinascar2015 Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Speaking of idiotic pseudoscience, some anti-pesticide peeps have become hysterical about people applying DIHYDROGEN MONOXIDE to their lawns.

Imagine how mortified those garden forum folks were when I told them they'd been duped.

Dihydrogen monoxide is H2O. Water.
  • crazyjerseygirl
    crazyjerseygirl Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    Speaking of idiotic pseudoscience, some anti-pesticide peeps have become hysterical about people applying DIHYDROGEN MONOXIDE to their lawns.

Imagine how mortified those garden forum folks were when I told them they'd been duped.

Dihydrogen monoxide is H2O. Water.
    NO!!! for reals?!?!?
  • Aemely
    Aemely Posts: 694 Member
    Options

That's disgusting. I really don't even have words for what that is, but disgusting will do.

I reported the TenPenny nasty poster. More reports = more likely to be banned from Facebook. Blech!
  • horrorfan
    horrorfan Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    brower47 wrote: »
    horrorfan wrote: »

I'm not a huge fan of eating cosmetics either. They just aren't focusing on flavor these days.

Flavor really is key.

Nice catch xD
  • HipsterWhovian
    HipsterWhovian Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Aemely wrote: »

I reported the TenPenny nasty poster. More reports = more likely to be banned from Facebook. Blech!

I reported it and got an email from Facebook saying it didn't violate their community standards. What ridiculous horsesh*t