crazyjerseygirl Posts: 1,252 Member
    debrag12 wrote: »
    Has she attacked carbon yet?

OMB ITS IN YOUR BODY RIGHT NOW!

and it binds with EVERYTHING!!!

/sarcasm
  • knt217
    knt217 Posts: 115 Member
    Good luck! I'm a molecular biologist and if we can't get people to accept vaccines, evolution and basic chemistry we're never gonna get them to accept eating food we can't pronounce!

We're all evil mad scientists out to poison/lie to the little guy as far as folks like this are concerned!

Here, here! Fellow MCB degree holder. I was banned by Food Babe last year. People like her, and who follow her, just cannot be swayed be facts or logic...or that scary science stuff. They make up their own rules as they go.
  • jennismagic
    jennismagic Posts: 243 Member
    SconnieCat wrote: »
    Who is more of an a'hole: Food Babe or that Banana girl?

I'm so glad this article was posted. This just made my day.

Freelee, by far. The Food Babe is annoying, but Freelee attacks people who don't deserve her crap. Not to say that companies deserve the crap Vani throws there way, but Freelee is vile. I'm so glad she and her crackhead boyfriend got sued (and silenced) by Kayla Itsines.
  • crazyjerseygirl
    shamcd wrote: »
    Good luck! I'm a molecular biologist and if we can't get people to accept vaccines, evolution and basic chemistry we're never gonna get them to accept eating food we can't pronounce!

We're all evil mad scientists out to poison/lie to the little guy as far as folks like this are concerned!

Touche`! Fear mongering is a hell of a marketing tool.

Sadly I've been accused of fear mongering trying to get ppl to vaccinate their damn kids. That is until the measles outbreak started. I don't get that so much anymore :/
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member

Freelee, by far. The Food Babe is annoying, but Freelee attacks people who don't deserve her crap. Not to say that companies deserve the crap Vani throws there way, but Freelee is vile. I'm so glad she and her crackhead boyfriend got sued (and silenced) by Kayla Itsines.

See now I would say Food Babe as she has a much larger following than Freelee...
  • crazyjerseygirl
    k8blujay2 wrote: »
    amcook4 wrote: »
    I know many people who have been banned from her facebook page, most because they asked "why" and for science to back her up. Instead of having an adult conversation (which would show she doesn't know what she is talking about) she just blocks people. Real mature, right?

I have been banned from her facebook page... I'm going to guess it's because I called her a hypocrite because of her "shill" finger pointing... as she is a shill for many a "natural and organic" products...

But it's ok for her to hock over priced juice and other products because "her heart is in the right place"... this would be true if the "right place" was in the willfully ignorant peoples wallets.

Yup, but those of us that choose a scientific career are lying if we say it was to help people. We obviously want POWER!

Now let me go write my scientist congressperson......oh...wait....
  • lisalisa94585
    lisalisa94585 Posts: 14 Member
    Reading this was a great way to start my morning. Thank you all!
  • DaneanP
    DaneanP Posts: 433 Member
    Shill! LoL. Another great group on Facebook is GMO LOL. If you want a more serious group (less memes) the GMO skepti-forum is great. I've learned so much there. Mostly that I'm ignorant of many things related to agriculture and farming and biotechnology. :/
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    I know many people who have been banned from her facebook page, most because they asked "why" and for science to back her up. Instead of having an adult conversation (which would show she doesn't know what she is talking about) she just blocks people. Real mature, right?

I have been banned from her facebook page... I'm going to guess it's because I called her a hypocrite because of her "shill" finger pointing... as she is a shill for many a "natural and organic" products...

But it's ok for her to hock over priced juice and other products because "her heart is in the right place"... this would be true if the "right place" was in the willfully ignorant peoples wallets.

Yup, but those of us that choose a scientific career are lying if we say it was to help people. We obviously want POWER!

Made me think of this:

tumblr_m9gd7kka5V1qfvso1o1_r1_250.gif

tumblr_m9gd7kka5V1qfvso1o2_r1_400.gif

tumblr_m9gd7kka5V1qfvso1o3_r2_500.gif

• Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    After reading this I went straight to Facebook and liked Science Babe's page. I have only a passing knowledge of Food Babe. I think I looked at her book once in a book store and put it right back down. Thanks for sharing this.
  • snikkins
    snikkins Posts: 1,282 Member
    Troutsy wrote: »

Made me think of this:

tumblr_m9gd7kka5V1qfvso1o1_r1_250.gif

tumblr_m9gd7kka5V1qfvso1o2_r1_400.gif

tumblr_m9gd7kka5V1qfvso1o3_r2_500.gif

Certainly not on the Senate science subcommittee, that's for sure.

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    debrag12 wrote: »
    Has she attacked carbon yet?

That made me snort loudly.
  • PeachyPlum
    PeachyPlum Posts: 1,243 Member

Banana Girl?

I'd Google it, but I'm at work and I'm afraid what Google Images might bring up.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    edited April 2015
    PeachyPlum wrote: »

Banana Girl?

I'd Google it, but I'm at work and I'm afraid what Google Images might bring up.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2644730/Freelee-Banana-Girl-eats-2-kilos-potatoes-ONE-sitting-credits-unusual-diet-not-strict-workout-regime-incredibly-lean-figure.html

ETA: her claim is that eating mono-foods (like 20 bananas for breakfast) causes fat loss, but neglects to mention her long distance running every day.
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    banana_despicable_me.gif
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Never heard of her before this thread.
    I don't follow any people like this.
  • BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,710 Member
    I read this yesterday. I've heard of the Food Babe, but I've never actually been to her site or anything because whatever I heard second hand did, indeed, sound like crap.

I feel like the people that need to read this won't though.

That's exactly the problem: when this gal runs her course of popularity there will just be another one (or five) to take her place because there will always be people wanting to be told what they want to hear and/or jump on whatever bandwagon is socially popular at the time. If people aren't smart enough to do their own research then they can just believe in the stupidity of others, I guess.
  • lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    usmcmp wrote: »

Banana Girl?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2644730/Freelee-Banana-Girl-eats-2-kilos-potatoes-ONE-sitting-credits-unusual-diet-not-strict-workout-regime-incredibly-lean-figure.html

ETA: her claim is that eating mono-foods (like 20 bananas for breakfast) causes fat loss, but neglects to mention her long distance running every day.

And her eating disorders..
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Fantastic article. I don't do Facebook, so I wouldn't have seen this if it hadn't been posted here. Thanks!
  • PeachyPlum
    PeachyPlum Posts: 1,243 Member
    usmcmp wrote: »

Banana Girl?

Dafuk?

Yeah, she's definitely the bigger *kitten*.