5' - 5'2" girls I want to hear your story and pics! Continuation!!

Options

Replies

• ambie694
    ambie694 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    wow what a wonderful support system!!! gr8 work!! recently I started have lost13lb so far but I have a long way to go to be healthy!! cw-202 gw-140
  • akdetweiler
    akdetweiler Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I am 5' tall, gained 50+ lbs during my pregnancy three years ago and have been on the journey ever since. Weighed 122 lbs when I got pregnant, was 155+ post-pregnancy, and am now 116 lbs with six more to go!! I don't have a current progress pic of myself, but here is one from last summer.Amy%20Weight%20Loss_zpst3a69lx7.jpg
  • jniece55
    jniece55 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Great work!!
  • Alicrookston
    Alicrookston Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I don't have any photos because I just started trying to lose my baby weight last Monday. My baby is turning 1 in a little over a week! I lost 1.4 pounds this week, which I am super excited about. I am about 5' 1". My current weight is 141 my goal is to get to 128, which is my weight before my first pregnancy (I have 4 kids). I would love to lose more than that if possible, but I also want to be super toned so I am not sure I can weigh much less than that with lots of muscle. :) I'm hoping I can stay motivated and continue to lose more weight each week. You all look amazing!
  • NickiGreer
    NickiGreer Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    This is so encouraging! I'm 5'2.5. Every woman in my family on both sides is overweight by the time they hit 40 except for one cousin who works out like mad (hours and hours a day). So let's just say I'm genetically doomed. I just turned 40 last summer and in the last 5 years have opened a business and renovated a house and I've went from 120 to 185. I now have 65 lbs. to lose to be back where I looked great at 120. I am determined! I would add before pics, but I'll wait till I have some afters. Really hoping that each of us succeeds! I'm so inspired by what ya'll have posted already!
  • akdetweiler
    akdetweiler Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    jniece55 wrote: »
    Everyone looks great! Everyone who has lost weight, what would be the #1 most important tip to give us gals? Dish on the secrets! :)

I second this! You all look great. Any tips you can share with us, things you learned or break throughs you had??

The hardest thing for me has been finding the right "calories in." At 5' tall, I have to be VERY careful about how much I put in. Yes, I realize the point of MFP is to eat back all or half your exercise cals, which i know works for many, but not for me. If I have an extra busy day or do a heavy workout, sure, i'll add a 100-150 calorie healthy snack, but I cannot consistently go over 1200 calories and still lose steadily.
  • gramarye
    gramarye Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    These aren't the most comparable pictures, but I started at around 300 (officially the highest I weighed in at was 290, but I also didn't to that whole scale thing) and I'm currently at 195, with a goal weight of around 150.

(For time lapse, the starting photo was October 2012, the current is actually March 2015.)

sdcg5uwbbt1f.jpg

I've been lucky in that experience with MFP has been really straightforward. I've only had to reduce calories once or twice, and still lose consistently (albeit, probably slower than most people would care to) at about 1700 calories.
  • syedumairtelecom
    syedumairtelecom Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Almost 5'3". I still have a long way to go, but here's my halfway progress!

~213lbs --> 167lbs

8e2q9qf91kaz.jpg

you have turned so sexy
  • oooooKATEooooo
    oooooKATEooooo Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Kudos to all you fellow shorties who have lost the lbs!

I'm just starting.
    I'm a food addict, in therapy.
    New to this site, starting with small steps.

5'1"
    SW: 219
    CW: 219
    GW: 130

I have a huge journey in front of me, but really HAVE to take it "one meal at a time".
    Not even a day at a time, a MEAL at a time.
    And make good choices which I haven't made for the last dozen (or so) years.

• kristenlarkin
    kristenlarkin Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    0q063rmste9g.png

Took my first "after" picture yesterday, and I honestly don't know if you can see a difference. I'm 5'2" and I've lost almost 20 pounds now :) Left is before (180ish), Right is after (160ish).

There is definitely a difference. A little has been taken off all over.great job
  • rebeccaEsmith
    rebeccaEsmith Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    great work ladies looking good
  • kmkgurl
    kmkgurl Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    jonrenly wrote: »
    I'm 5'2, I started last March around 130, then went down to 105 for a while, gained back to 120, and am now at 116, where I've been stuck for almost a month. Sigh. I loved the way I looked at 105 and want to ultimately get down to 100.

This is exactly what's going on with me
  • pbandalyssa
    pbandalyssa Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'0"! Went from 210 to 115 story over yonder:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10115139/1000-days-logged-in-a-row-over-90-pounds-lost-pics/p1

:)

Most recent progress pic:

x0sqbp.jpg
  • LittleMissYoYo
    LittleMissYoYo Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I'm just 5'0. This progress was from October last year to today! I also document my journey on Instagram hence the @kelly.gets.fit hehe xx

2ujrsyu.jpg
  • l0velife1
    l0velife1 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    5'1 here! I started out at 160 and ended at 120 before getting pregnant(so now I am not quite at 120 anymore but getting there!). This took me about a year but it was a lot more than just learning about losing weight! 120 doesn't look bad on me but I definitely think I am going to start looking at weight training because those ladies are amazing looking and crazy strong!

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v405/Minty_Child/Mobile Uploads/79ae7604-fb7f-4d27-957b-37f89491f98a.jpg[/img][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v405/Minty_Child/Mobile Uploads/a8e3d908-f093-4a68-b1d2-9b508da11f22.jpg[/img]

848d8039-e401-4bc2-ab3c-756b8bdac554.jpg
  • dominiquehomza
    dominiquehomza Posts: 12 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    5nq13r54hder.jpg
    I'm 5'2" almost 23 years old and about 120-122 pounds. I started mfp at 128-130 lb in March
  • loosinit42806
    loosinit42806 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    so motivational! im a shorty, my weight loss has been stalled for a while, I think its time to momma up and get my butt in gear~
  • nicfitnesszone
    nicfitnesszone Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Super!!!
  • MegletRamblesOn
    MegletRamblesOn Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    jniece55 I think you're my twin! :)

I'm 5'1 CW: 149 GW: 135 officially, but once I hit 135 I'll set a new goal of 125 (I need to set myself short, attainable goals otherwise I get discouraged and give up.)

Just over 5 years ago, I was over 160lbs, probably around 165 but I refused to own a scale. I moved to a new apartment and started walking and cooking, and shortly after that I started tracking weight, calories, and steps. I started logging at 160lbs, and slowly got down to about 144lbs. Then life happened, I lost some motivation, and ended up back up at 149.

So now I'm restarting, and it's fun to see the success stories and photos from other petite gals!

As for tips, etc - my biggest two have just been to get moving and adjust my eating habits. I went from driving and sitting all the time while eating fast food and junk and snacks, to walking almost everywhere and either cooking my own meals or making healthier choices while eating out (which isn't to say I don't still have a snack/junk food habit, I just try to control it better.)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!