Aspartame "sensitives" study published

Replies

• HardcoreP0rk
    HardcoreP0rk Posts: 936 Member
    Hornsby wrote: »
    When you have nothing of substance to add, argue like you are 8 years old...that's the MFP way and beemer has it down pat.

This is neither here nor there... but isn't it "bimmer" and not "beemer." Unless there's some other "beemer" I'm not aware of...

I would think that anyone who actually loves BMW would know that...

Bimmer equals the cars. Beemer equals the motorcycles.

All I know is that B.M.W. stands for "Big Money Waster."

:P

Jokes, jokes. I love me some E30, E36 and E46.

I'm just gonna skip all that Audi and BMW stuff and move on to Tesla.
  • HardcoreP0rk
    edited April 2015
    glevinso wrote: »
    15 cans a day... I can't even get over how much liquid that is...

That's 5 litres or 120 oz. or nearly a gallon

Plenty of liquid, which is great, however the 56 year old man from Arkansas who drank iced tea to the point of kidney failure drank a gallon each day. I'd caution drinking that much because that level of anything could become toxic as it did that man.

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/apr/01/ice-tea-kidney-failure-arkansas-man

Her's is pretty watered down and not sweet. She could use a hand being healthier but is AOK on Aspartame and this iced tea dilemma is the least of her nutritional "sins"
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    When you have nothing of substance to add, argue like you are 8 years old...that's the MFP way and beemer has it down pat.

This is neither here nor there... but isn't it "bimmer" and not "beemer." Unless there's some other "beemer" I'm not aware of...

Don't break your neck when you mash the throttle from a standstill. ;-)
  • NotQuiteNorm
    NotQuiteNorm Posts: 283 Member
    People were wary about me joining mfp because "it's sometimes easy to get overly obsessed with dieting", but I'm pretty sure I'm mostly here reading... Occasionally learning. Mostly just sitting and laughing while I eat my salad. :wink:
    tumblr_m7r27vhdLo1qjlxy5.jpg
  • HardcoreP0rk

Helluva way to go ;) /threadjack
  • chivalryder
    People were wary about me joining mfp because "it's sometimes easy to get overly obsessed with dieting", but I'm pretty sure I'm mostly here reading... Occasionally learning. Mostly just sitting and laughing while I eat my salad. :wink:

The forums are 90% entertainment (as long as you don't take it seriously), 5% factual, and 5% "WTF did I just read?"
  • chivalryder

Helluva way to go ;) /threadjack

Obituary:

"HardcoreP0rk died doing 0-60 much faster than the human body could withstand"

Results: Tesla recalls all cars and installs a "Press this button and you will die" button.
  • glevinso
    glevinso Posts: 1,895 Member

The forums are 90% entertainment (as long as you don't take it seriously), 5% factual, and 5% "WTF did I just read?"

I am of this "opinion" as well ;)
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member

Always heard it was "Bring Money Withya" cause you're gonna need it...lol.

• chivalryder
    glevinso wrote: »

I am of this "opinion" as well ;)

Crap. I didn't say it was my opinion. Now I'm going to have to find peer-reviewed reports on studies to prove my case. :disappointed:
  • NotQuiteNorm
    edited April 2015
    Crap. I didn't say it was my opinion. Now I'm going to have to find peer-reviewed reports on studies to prove my case. :disappointed:

Yeah, just wait till Beemer gets back. He's gonna want studies to back these statistics.

...A clipart-filled powerpoint should suffice (if that still exists).
  • chivalryder

Always heard it was "Bring Money Withya" cause you're gonna need it...lol.

That one is new to me.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    That's the glory of critical thinking and rules of logic. We can depend on more than one man's opinion, even if he knows how to spell "absolutely convinced". It is more than opinion when critical thinking is applied. Opinions can be weighed against evidence. Stronger evidence wins. In this case, aspartame wins.
  • beemerphile1
    beemerphile1 Posts: 1,710 Member
    C'mon guys. He is obviously trolling. Stop egging him on and just report his posts. By replying, you might get warnings and barred yourselves. Is it really worth it?

I'm not a troll, I gave an example of my personal experience and gave my opinion on a product. I then got pounced on by the MFP bullies that didn't care for my opinion. I never represented my opinion as fact and did state that others are free to use aspartame as they wish. It doesn't particularly matter to me what anyone else consumes.

I did mistakenly think this forum was for the exchange of ideas. Apparently there is only one set of ideas that count. Some people need to understand that due to bullying on forums many people are chased off and are afraid to post. A forum where anyone that dares to think differently is chastised is a worthless forum.

Some talk about childishness, what does my forum ID have to do with anything? Critiquing one's forum ID is the pinnacle of immaturity.
  • chivalryder
    jgnatca wrote: »
    That's the glory of critical thinking and rules of logic. We can depend on more than one man's opinion, even if he knows how to spell "absolutely convinced". It is more than opinion when critical thinking is applied. Opinions can be weighed against evidence. Stronger evidence wins. In this case, aspartame wins.

We should be friends.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    C'mon guys. He is obviously trolling. Stop egging him on and just report his posts. By replying, you might get warnings and barred yourselves. Is it really worth it?

I'm not a troll, I gave an example of my personal experience and gave my opinion on a product. I then got pounced on by the MFP bullies that didn't care for my opinion. I never represented my opinion as fact and did state that others are free to use aspartame as they wish. It doesn't particularly matter to me what anyone else consumes.

I did mistakenly think this forum was for the exchange of ideas. Apparently there is only one set of ideas that count. Some people need to understand that due to bullying on forums many people are chased off and are afraid to post. A forum where anyone that dares to think differently is chastised is a worthless forum.

Some talk about childishness, what does my forum ID have to do with anything? Critiquing one's forum ID is the pinnacle of immaturity.

You said that Aspartame is toxic to the body. There are numerous studies that have shown it isn't. I have never seen one that shows that it is. So, essentially, you are arguing facts with your opinion. Do you not see the issue here? All we are asking is for one study that shows it's toxic. I have read at least 100 studies on Aspartame and never once have I seen one that shows it's toxic. If they are out there, I would love to read them.
  • glevinso
    glevinso Posts: 1,895 Member
    It has nothing to do with thinking differently, which is fine. But we are concerned with facts, and when opinions that contradict facts are presented as facts people will understandably get a bit miffed.
  • EvanKeel
    EvanKeel Posts: 1,904 Member

You said that Aspartame is toxic to the body. There are numerous studies that have shown it isn't. I have never seen one that shows that it is. So, essentially, you are arguing facts with your opinion. Do you not see the issue here? All we are asking is for one study that shows it's toxic. I have read at least 100 studies on Aspartame and never once have I seen one that shows it's toxic. If they are out there, I would love to read them.

Well, no more toxic than anything else anyway.
  • chivalryder
    Egging him on won't help guys.

For the record: I didn't realize his username was related to Beemers.
  • NotQuiteNorm
    @beemerphile1 I do feel a little bad for mentioning that I find it funny. I think we've all been under the microscope at one point!

However I feel that you (and anyone in this situation) need to just calmly say, "I'm sorry that I exaggerated, I wasn't trying to provoke anything."

Instead you succumbed and even posted "evidence" at which point you were officially - and I'm afraid voluntarily - part of the debate. It's hard to see it as 'just you expressing your opinion' when you tell people a)that there is, b) to find, or even option c) where you give out things like... "evidence"

I think all you can do now is take a deep breath, consider this from the side of those who have mentioned roughly that they question things because some people just take personal opinions and assume it's fact, then move on knowing that in future to just add in at the bottom something like "But of course this is just my personal opinion." instead of providing links and such.

My words are kind and sympathetic, please don't see this as attempted bullying