Weight gain. Slim to healthy curvy (slim thick)

Options
1235»

Replies

• theelovemari
    theelovemari Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I feel like we're all getting trolled but if you want those particular areas to get heavier then you'd want to do some kind of focused strength training that targets your thighs, butt and calves. To the detriment of any other areas. Then if you had fat on top of that muscle then they might all appear larger.

Really though you should just try a Bret Contreras routine, he seems to focus on this stuff.
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    what is "slim thick"?????

I know right?

I think we've all lost our minds to be honest.
    you don't have to be condescending frankly . "slim thick" is a slang or combination of two words meaning slim ( at the waist areas, arms and fit) and thick (curvy, at the thighs,bum and chest). Not all of us desire to gain weight with the purpose of looking like testosterone injected women. When our vocabulary is limited I strongly suggest we refrain from making comments . Any weight gain suggestions?. Thanks.

Right

So you want to change your body type

Go back in time and pick different parents ...it's genetic

Weight gain...eat at a surplus and do progressive heavy weights programme it will take you a few years but you may increase the bulk in your butt/ thighs with a bulking and cutting programme

Well there is a hot tub time machine out there....

I'm game if you are ..can't promise I'll keep my hands to myself of course ...hubba hubba ;)

Thot.
  • madiha1397
    madiha1397 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I know exactly what slim thick is. I don't get why everyone's confused. I want to be slim thick. It means having a thick shaped figure yet not fat. That's why she said slim.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »
    kappasutra wrote: »
    For women the key is working their Lower body... #squats #inclinerunning #lunges dips and leg extensions and oh yea up the calories. I've seen a few of my gym partners transform

aslkd;fj;asldijkf

"for women"

what does that even mean ?!?!?!?!

Because the key for men is to skip leg day...duh

• Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    OP I know what you mean by slim thick.

Your going to want to eat at a surplus and concentrate on squats & deads with some good mornings & reverse hack.

If you are new to lifting you will want to make sure your form is on point first and eventually work up to a medium to heavy side weight in the rep range of 8-12 per set.

This will take time, but if you are consistent you will gain muscle and eventually cut some of the fat you gained along the way.
  • gailhamiltonstar964
    gailhamiltonstar964 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I can totally sympathise how you feel. I'm trying to gain weight but it's hard. I think you should eat more of what you enjoy and hopefully it will entice you to eat more. You probably need to eat an extra 500cals a day every day on top of what you normally eat. My personal favourite is cheese which is very energy dense and contains protein and calcium for building you up. There are so many different ones I'm sure you will find at least one you like
    . You can have cheese on crackers, on toast on pizza or as a sandwich filling. Hope this helps. If you have got any tips for me please let me know.