Options

Replies

• sidsiidhu
    sidsiidhu Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    sidsiidhu wrote: »
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    keep lifting heavy, up your protein, reduce carbs a little, and up fats to stay satiated and eat in a about a 500 per day calorie deficit.

Hey thanks bud appreciate your comment, I've never tried this before and afraid of losing the muscle I have gotten over the year time. Hopefully I do this right and look like a model in a month or two.

you could always go for .5 pound per week loss....but that is going to slow down your body fat % decrease..

I found this article by layne Norton the other day on bb.com ...

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/layne36.htm

basically he says that you can lose a pound a week and minimize muscle loss ....

so you should be OK at 500 calorie deficit...

Oh ok, well I'm a try doing the stair master after every workout and 500 calorie deficit and I'll see where that takes me in about a week and if it looks like a good change then I guess its working and that would be a blessing. Appreciate your support bud.
  • RayInMotion
    RayInMotion Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Stick with your same lifting routine. Don't change that. Add in HIIT to lose belly fat. It sucks, but it has to be done. Try a 30 minute kickboxing class 4-5 days a week, or run sprint intervals or hills. The great thing about HIIT is that it doesn't take a lot of time and won't waste away your muscle. Look at how massive and shredded sprinters are, and how scrawny marathoners are. Do fast, high-paced workouts in the morning on an empty stomach. Eat a bunch of carbs afterwards to fuel your body for heavy lifting later.
  • sidsiidhu
    Options
    Stick with your same lifting routine. Don't change that. Add in HIIT to lose belly fat. It sucks, but it has to be done. Try a 30 minute kickboxing class 4-5 days a week, or run sprint intervals or hills. The great thing about HIIT is that it doesn't take a lot of time and won't waste away your muscle. Look at how massive and shredded sprinters are, and how scrawny marathoners are. Do fast, high-paced workouts in the morning on an empty stomach. Eat a bunch of carbs afterwards to fuel your body for heavy lifting later.

Awesome that's what I shall start soon, so I'm wondering maybe the stair master at 100 reps/min for 30seconds and resting for a min and repeating that 10* would be the idea that I should be aiming for.
  • sidsiidhu
    Options

Awesome that's what I shall start soon, so I'm wondering maybe the stair master at 100 reps/min for 30seconds and resting for a min and repeating that 10* would be the idea that I should be aiming for.

Something similar to this but HIIT
  • RayInMotion
    Options

As long as you're doing something at all out effort, it will be fine. Bike, treadmill, stairmaster, punching bag. The 30/60 is a good place to start, working your way to a 60/30 split.
  • RayInMotion
    Options

I personally do 9round (https://www.9round.com/) 5 days a week, burning 650-700 calories per workout, and lift heavy 3 days a week. I track it with a chest strap heart rate monitor during my workouts.
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    Options
    As long as you're doing something at all out effort, it will be fine. Bike, treadmill, stairmaster, punching bag. The 30/60 is a good place to start, working your way to a 60/30 split.
    Wait, is cardio overrated or something that has to be done to lose belly fat?
  • RayInMotion
    Options
    High intensity

High intensity cardio is what you need to lose belly fat and keep muscle.

• DeguelloTex
    Options
    High intensity

Who told you that?

• RayInMotion
    Options

Jogging for 30 minutes is a lot different than sprinting for 10 minutes. The sprinting will actually burn more calories and utilize more muscle, keeping it preserved.

• DeguelloTex
    Options

Jogging for 30 minutes is a lot different than sprinting for 10 minutes. The sprinting will actually burn more calories and utilize more muscle, keeping it preserved.
    So will just not eating however many calories you burn in 10 minutes of sprinting while still doing your strength training, right?
  • RayInMotion
    Options

So will just not eating however many calories you burn in 10 minutes of sprinting while still doing your strength training, right?

Except not eating slows your metabolism and starves your body, putting it into fat-storing mode. Sprinting and eating keep your metabolism high.
  • DeguelloTex
    edited April 2015
    Options
    How many calories do you net burn in 10 minutes of sprinting?
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options

Except not eating slows your metabolism and starves your body, putting it into fat-storing mode. Sprinting and eating keep your metabolism high.

No, people wouldn't be able to get lean with intermittent fasting methods then.
  • LolBroScience
    edited April 2015
    Options
    High intensity

No. You don't HAVE to institute cardio in order to lose fat.
  • RayInMotion
    Options
    That all depends on how in shape you are, how old you are, how much you weigh, and how much effort you're giving out. The thing about jogging is that you only burn calories while jogging. HIIT continues to burn calories due to EPOC (excess post-oxygen consumption). Read more about that here: http://www.askmen.com/sports/bodybuilding_150/198_fitness_tip.html (2 pages)
  • happyfeetrebel1
    happyfeetrebel1 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options

Complete and utter BS

• RayInMotion
    Options
    High intensity

No. You don't HAVE to institute cardio in order to lose fat.

No, you don't, but it speeds the process, and it's healthy to engage activities outside of lifting.

• RayInMotion
    Options

Complete and utter BS

Nice scientific explanation with supporting evidence to refute. Keep up the good work.

• LolBroScience
    Options

Complete and utter BS

Nice scientific explanation with supporting evidence to refute. Keep up the good work.

You made the claim.