Anyone else boycott....

Options
123457»

Replies

• magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    I prefer whole, fresh foods. Fast food does not offer this - even their 'healthy' options are processed..

Anything you buy at the store and make in your own kitchen is processed. Unless of course you're a subsistence farmer that relies only on their own goods. In that case, good for you. :flowerforyou:
  • PoopieMonster
    PoopieMonster Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    To boycott is to protest. You're protesting ALL fast food restaurants? What are you protesting?
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    brussel sprouts
    black licorice

because it makes me feel superior to the people who don't.

smug.gif
  • CrazyTrackLady
    CrazyTrackLady Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    I don't buy it, since I figure there are enough parents out there buying it for their obese children, that my refusal to purchase won't make a darn difference in the grand scheme of things. Nor will yours.

Sorry to burst your bubble, dude.
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    No but I don't eat there often any way. The only time I do is if I am drunk and it's really late at night
  • TheBeerRunner
    TheBeerRunner Posts: 2,777 Member
    Options
    I love me some whole foods, too!

Whole Burger

Burger_King_Whopper.jpg

Whole Frosty

wendys-frosty.jpg

Whole Tacos

Taco-Bell-tacos-no-beef-meat.jpg

Whole Pizza

pepperoni-pizza.jpg

:laugh:

fnCzukI.gif
    tumblr_mds9eaB2y51qi9d7mo1_500.gif
  • weevil66
    weevil66 Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Do the cute men that were running around the track count as fast food? I kept chasing after them but they outran me.
  • tehboxingkitteh
    tehboxingkitteh Posts: 1,574 Member
    Options
    In fact, just passing by some of those places the smell turns my stomach. :sick:

Ooohhh I love the smell of greasy fries when I drive by. I'm serious.
    I grew up in a small town where the only fast food restaurant was McDonald's. The smell of their fries gags me. But I don't mind other places... sometimes, I wonder if deep fried food is what heaven smells like.

I don't eat fast food anymore. My friend stopped by and brought me a cheeseburger the other day, and I would've eaten it if I hadn't just shoved my face full of homemade pizza. But I don't say no if a friend wants to go out and grab dinner. I just prefer not to go out of my way to eat it.
  • WhyFlowersExist
    WhyFlowersExist Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Everything accept the mcdonalds mcflurry i cant seem to drop it! I know its horrible for me but its just so damn good! I get m&m and extra m&m its just MmMmMmm
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    Not me. I know how to exert self control and they are just trying to make a living too.
  • Nerdybreisawesome
    Nerdybreisawesome Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    FFS, another holier than thou diet type trying to turn health into the next religious crusade.

When I want a hamburger, fries, and a milk shake I need the fast food joints to be there. If you don't like it, don't watch.

images-7_zps11db4fb9.jpeg

This^^

That being said I tend not to eat them that much. I don't find them particularly enjoyable (unless I'm three sheets to the wind). I'd much prefer a well baked carrot cake, glass of red wine, or seared ahi on top of sea weed salad than a burger that's advertised well but that I just don't find all that delicious.

This..all of it ^

I, too, am Holier Than Thou. It is about so much more than the food! These companies are running your life, and ruining many other's lives. You can chose to ignore it if you want, and call people names, too. SOMEBODY will be standing up for what's right. When are you going to wake up?

How is fast food ruining my life? Do tell...... Do I need to hide my child and dogs? Will they come stalk me while I'm asleep? Steal my kitties catnip?
  • weevil66
    weevil66 Posts: 600 Member
    Options

How is fast food ruining my life? Do tell...... Do I need to hide my child and dogs? Will they come stalk me while I'm asleep? Steal my kitties catnip?

Yes. Yes it will.

Not really. I like fast food on occasion too but I couldn't resist letting you know that fast food will stalk you and steal the catnip. The kid and dogs are okay though.
  • ShellyBell999
    ShellyBell999 Posts: 1,482 Member
    Options
    Uh,

No
  • LMT2012
    LMT2012 Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    Nope. There are times that I do eat there and I'm picky about what I eat. However, I won't go to Starbucks because of their refusing to back our troops. That's more important to me.

lol ever hear of Snopes? That malarchy was debunked long ago.
  • pcastagner
    pcastagner Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    FFS, another holier than thou diet type trying to turn health into the next religious crusade.

When I want a hamburger, fries, and a milk shake I need the fast food joints to be there. If you don't like it, don't watch.

images-7_zps11db4fb9.jpeg

This^^

That being said I tend not to eat them that much. I don't find them particularly enjoyable (unless I'm three sheets to the wind). I'd much prefer a well baked carrot cake, glass of red wine, or seared ahi on top of sea weed salad than a burger that's advertised well but that I just don't find all that delicious.

This..all of it ^

I, too, am Holier Than Thou. It is about so much more than the food! These companies are running your life, and ruining many other's lives. You can chose to ignore it if you want, and call people names, too. SOMEBODY will be standing up for what's right. When are you going to wake up?

That's a bigger issue - multinational corporations now have greater power than nation-states. However, that won't be changed by not having a Big Mac, because it's a political issue.
  • Nerdybreisawesome
    Nerdybreisawesome Posts: 359 Member
    Options

Yes. Yes it will.

Not really. I like fast food on occasion too but I couldn't resist letting you know that fast food will stalk you and steal the catnip. The kid and dogs are okay though.

Ah crap, I gotta let my cats know to hide their cat nip better. I knew it would come down to this one day. And no wonder I got so fat. The fast food companies are coming to me in my sleep. Dang you In and Out!!!