What is your main "go to meal" when you need to feel full, satisfied and staying on track?Heres mine

Options
1235»

Replies

• CandiceMcD
    CandiceMcD Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I made Chicken breasts with broccoli cole slaw, a green pepper & some teriyaki sauce - put one serving over 1/4 cup of brown rice & finished with a small salad with homemade vinaigrette. I wasn't hungry again for hours.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    One of my favorites is chicken sausage from Trader Joe's or Sam's (lots of different flavor options but something like Spinach Asiago works well), sliced into coins. Saute that with some yellow squash, zucchini, artichoke hearts, and roasted red peppers with a little garlic and olive oil. I serve it over bow tie pasta with some pesto thrown in - sometimes a little cream or cream cheese to make it more of a creamy pesto sauce, but now I'm considering that laughing cow cheese that @arditarose suggested. I call it mediterranean pasta but you could probably eat it without the pasta... it makes a ton and is very filling.

• WindSparrow
    WindSparrow Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Fast and easy? I pour a whole bag of stir fry blend veggies into a glass pie plate, cook for 6 minutes on high in the microwave. Usually, we cook a big batch of some form of meat ahead of time, and I'll add 3-4 oz of it, zap it again for another minute or so. If we don't have any precooked meat, I'll throw in one or two un-breaded chicken breast tenders in with the veggies from the start. To flavor it, sometimes I use a pat of butter plus whatever seasonings sound good that day, maybe a little lemon or lime juice, maybe some hot sauce. Sometimes I use salad dressing or stir fry sauce or peanut sauce. Depending on what sauce I use and how much, I can bring in the entire meal for less than 300 calories. And I usually feel really satisfied as well as a sense of feeling strong and healthy afterward.
  • karrysalexi
    karrysalexi Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I eat almost anything in sight. It's not a good idea but I don't care. I can't help myself and my metabolism is insanely fast.
  • justcat206
    justcat206 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    I always keep salad veggies, hard boiled eggs and slow cooked chicken in my fridge (and olives and canned beans on the shelf) so I can toss together a big salad at a moment's notice. It's decently high in calories (with the eggs, beans and often avocado) but also full of protein, fiber and healthy fats. Keeps me full till dinner so I don't need an afternoon snack, and is soooo yummy.
  • mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    Options
    Usually a nice "everything but the kitchen sink" chopped salad with veggies, raisins, a few chopped nuts, turkey, cheese, beans if I have any, seasoned with a little garlic salt and black pepper. Has lots of flavor, so doesn't really need any salad dressing.

Tuna salad or tuna sandwich is another one I fall back on. Trade Joe's no-salt albacore mixed with chopped spinach, homemade mixed sprouts, mixed greens, cucumber, mushrooms, finely chopped broccoli, celery, onion, red bell pepper, garlic salt, black pepper and a little tzatziki or mayo.

If I feel like cooking, I'll have a grilled chicken breast, baked sweet potato, and roasted veggies (like brussel sprouts, carrots, cauliflower, etc.).
  • smelius22
    smelius22 Posts: 334 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I make turkey & beef meatloaf. it is very filling and not too bad on calories, about 230/serving.

1/2 lb ground beef
    1/2 lb ground turkey
    1 egg
    1c water
    1 box stove top stuffing mix- chicken flavor

350 for 45 minutes, perfect every time!

ETA: you could cut the calories even more by using just turkey, but I like to keep the beefy flavor :)
  • denali26
    denali26 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »

My high volume dinner is 150 grams of zucchini, 150 grams yellow squash, 75 grams tomato, 50 grams mushroom, 50 grams onion, garlic -all cooked with chalula chipotle hot sauce, along with 6 oz of ground turkey...all stirred together with a laughing cow cheese (which ends up making a delicious creamy sauce with the chipotle sauce). Bout 400 calories depending on how/if any oil you use, etc.

I have been eating this most days for lunch. It is so good! I do 100g of broccoli,cauliflower, and zucchini and 50g of mushrooms and bell pepper with a serving of veggie crumbles and creole seasoning. I end up with a massive bowl of spicy creamy veggie goodness for about 250 calories!