21 Day Sugar Detox

Options
1235»

Replies

• Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    Nony_Mouse wrote: »
    Went on a coffee date this morning, guy was adamant that sugar is evil (I think he even used those exact words). Needless to say I will not be seeing him again.

OMG, I can just picture you sitting there, stuck at the table listening to the derp. I'd have stirred extra sugar into my coffee just to annoy him.

It was tempting!! There were so many things I could have said. I politely excused myself to go to the bathroom then when I came back said 'right I have to go now'. We didn't even speak whilst waiting to pay for our drinks :p

I'm two for two now, previous guy a couple of months ago said he was trying to 'eat more paleo'. At least he wasn't militant about it though.

• Jenninscotland
    Jenninscotland Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Looks very similar to the whole 30 program http://whole30.com/downloads/official-whole30-program-rules.pdf
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    Went on a coffee date this morning, guy was adamant that sugar is evil (I think he even used those exact words). Needless to say I will not be seeing him again.

I literally would have started pouring sugar into my mouth.
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options

I literally would have started pouring sugar into my mouth.

ebUYSdV.gif
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    Limiting fruit?
    "Detoxing" frum sugar?
    This should be good...
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    I just skimmed the top and stopped reading when it said to avoid corn, peas & sweet potatoes, and all fruits. EFF that.

Also, I really hate that the word detox is misused so much. Detox should only ever be used for legitimate MEDICAL need. Not for some stupid 'I crave sugar and need to cut it all out or my eyeballs are going to fall out' BS.

Sugar is not bad for you. EXCESS sugar can be bad for you... which is true for EVERYTHING. I mean, too much water can kill you. It's all about context and dosage. Everything in moderation (unless medically necessary to cut certain foods, such as dairy, soy, gluten... but only for legitimate medical need).
  • missiontofitness
    Options
    Ninkyou wrote: »
    I just skimmed the top and stopped reading when it said to avoid corn, peas & sweet potatoes, and all fruits.

Any "diet" or "detox" that tells me I cannot have the delicious things that make up shepherd's pie, sweet potato fries, or my kielbasa and peas skillet is wrong.
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options
    Limiting fruit?
    "Detoxing" frum sugar?
    This should be good...
    I think my gif above is pretty accurate of how to detox sugar......
  • sisterlilbunny
    sisterlilbunny Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    But, but, peanut butter! 9izxR7k7T.jpeg
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Oh, here's another funny one... heavy cream being on the NO list.

It has a whopping .2 g of sugar per tablespoon.

Another funny?

Acorn squash. NO list. 2 grams of sugar (ish) per 100 grams. Carrots. Yes list. 5 grams of sugar per 100 grams.

• missiontofitness
    Options
    Oh, here's another funny one... heavy cream being on the NO list.

It has a whopping .2 g of sugar per tablespoon.

Someone call Michelle Obama!
  • FitForL1fe
    FitForL1fe Posts: 1,872 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    lol did OP ever even reply in this thread? :trollface:

stronk trollz :trollface::trollface::trollface:
  • FitForL1fe
    FitForL1fe Posts: 1,872 Member
    Options
    found day 22:

super-saiyan-football-coach2.gif