What is your definition of "dessert?"

Options
124»

Replies

• MoRiv1986
    MoRiv1986 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all of the suggestions. I would like to try some of these ideas.
  • ms_leanne
    ms_leanne Posts: 523
    Options
    Well when in Korea, eat what it provides. I bet it is so superior to UK fruit and much more varied!
  • JessHealthKick
    JessHealthKick Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    anything with chocolate or cream or pastry or... well... anything that is really high in bad (processed) sugars or bad fats.
  • JessHealthKick
    Options
    I am learning to equate "dessert" with fruit. I have been eating watermelon and other fruits as my dessert lately, and it tastes just as good. Here in Korea, the Koreans eat fruit as dessert, not the sweet stuff that Americans eat. I hope to make this a habit.

haha yeah we had that in Japan too! My boyfriend's gradma even told me the proper way to eat fruits as dessert: you start with the most sour and work to the sweetest. So it was grapefruit, then mandarin, then rockmelon.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Asian desserts (red bean, green tea flavoured stuff, rice ball dango) are so fu*cking good!
  • JessHealthKick
    Options
    I am learning to equate "dessert" with fruit. I have been eating watermelon and other fruits as my dessert lately, and it tastes just as good. Here in Korea, the Koreans eat fruit as dessert, not the sweet stuff that Americans eat. I hope to make this a habit.

What is my definition?

A woman.

well to 'eat' someone means to have sex with them in Japanese (likely similar in Korean if anyone knows the slang?) so a very valid response :) it's nice to be eaten as dessert sometimes hahaha
  • TheFairyJester
    Options
    usually a couple spoons of peanut butter
  • KayNowayJose
    KayNowayJose Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Unhealthy: Anything chocolate on top of chocolate. Example: Chocolate brownie, with chocolate ice cream, and hot fudge.

Healthy: Greek yogurt mixed with fruit and chocolate redi whip on top.

Still needs some chocolate ;-)
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    I do consider fruit dessert. However I also consider other things dessert...pie, cookies, etc. hehe

I don't eat dessert all of the time though and that has been a major victory for me. Growing up it was standard procedure to have a Little Debbie for dessert at lunch and a homemade dessert at dinner, something like strawberry shortcake, or ice cream at the very least.

This has been a lifelong habit and quite difficult to break, but I'm doing it. Generally have fruit with lunch or after dinner 2-3 times a week and then on the weekend I have a "real dessert" once or twice but consider it more of a separate treat instead of part of a normal meal.
  • Rawfoodsho
    Options
    I think the problem is most people think after dinner they need a huge bowl of icecream or a piece of cake. These things pretty much have ZERO nutritional properties, so yeah its a lot better to just grab a piece of fruit. An apple with some almond butter or a cut up peach is sweet enough for me. I dont need frosting and tons of ice cream. People say have portion control, but if I bake a whole cake whos going to eat it in my house of 2 people? A baked cake last like a week here and then gets thrown out from being stale, I find it better to just not make that crap. Like if i bake chocolate chip cookies they are the best when first done and warm I am not just gonna eat one, I will eat 5 and tons of calorie filled milk. Like a portion of ice cream is typically 3/4th a cup that is nothing when put in the measuring cup, when i fill my bowl with out looking I can easily have 3-4 servings in a big bowl, add some magic shell and you have tons of sugar and calories. I dont know a lot of people who eat tiny bowls of ice cream. I use to buy a gallon of ice cream and my husband and I would eat it in one night, we would have like two bowls each, now when we buy ice cream it last over a week and usually gets freezer burnt. I do have a lot better portion control when it comes to snacking, but when I know its something I LOVE, that eating 1 will just make me want 12, I just dont eat it anymore.
  • Yeller_Sensation
    Yeller_Sensation Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Molten cake with dark chocolate mint ice cream (after dinner last night).

Muffins (after lunch today).