Whenever I eat my calore deficit I don't lose weight

Replies

• uvi5
    uvi5 Posts: 710 Member
    ajocec wrote: »
    Either you're not actually eating 1200 as you're not weighing food (unless you're eating all prepackaged food), or you're not giving yourself enough time to see how eating 1200 actually affects you. You didn't answer how long you'd been eating 1200 calories and gaining weight. Was it a month where you saw consistent gain? Or did you eat 1200 for one day and see an increase the next day?

I understand that weight loss is not linear, and this is not a one time occurrence. I looked over the month and averaged out that on the days I ate 1200 or close to I saw an increase.

I am doing the best I can to log accurately without a scale. A scale is not an option for me but I am trying very hard.

How do you know your eating 1200 calories if you are not weighing your food?
  • uvi5
    Lib_B wrote: »
    Based on the advice I've see on other threads, I would suggest increasing your calories to about 2,600 a day.

:confounded: ??
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    uvi5 wrote: »
    Based on the advice I've see on other threads, I would suggest increasing your calories to about 2,600 a day.

:confounded: ??

I think that might have been a joke.. I think lol

I haven't looked at the op's diary but the scale and job thing probably came about because they buy take away at work, or eat out a lot. Much easier to weigh your food when you prepare it at home, and take your lunch/snacks to work.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    la5m863z1ehe.jpeg

• uvi5
    Kruggeri wrote: »
    This thread has it all. A confused OP with unrealistic expectations who seems like they may be receptive to some good advice. A white knighter trying to turn this into a mean people thread. The obligatory "metabolic adaptation" reference, and now, people who defy the laws of physics saying CICO is incorrect. I think the best part is that even folks who often disagree, seem to be united so far.

This should make for an entertaining Tuesday thread...

3gqnn6rx3vxn.gif
  • hmthomas317
    hmthomas317 Posts: 42 Member
    It sounds like you might need to shake up your routine. Add more weight to your workout, take a new class or adjust your calorie intake. It may just be your body telling you that you need to adjust for a plateau. Good luck.
  • JordisTSM
    JordisTSM Posts: 359 Member
    Some of you people are just mean. Poor wording or choices of words on the OP post. The topic is posted under weight loss and help, therefore this person is looking for help. We all aren't equipped with the right tools to lose weight or start an exercise/health plan. The most important thing is that this person is starting and trying to better her habits by seeking advice on here. Remember back to when you were starting and the questions you had (dumb or not). Be kind people. Be kind.

*sigh*

I did try yesterday. Honestly I did.