Questions about sugar

Options
1151617181921»

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    maidentl wrote: »

I had peanut M&M's at the ball game tonight. I've ruined my whole day.

Try your whole life. Did you read the thread? Now you are going to get wrinkles and diabetes.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,879 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    How can I fit a snickers bar in my day since I've already had fish and chips today?
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    snikkins wrote: »
    jgnatca wrote: »
    Today the components of my breakfast I think, would do a hipster proud. 100% natural probiotic yogurt, chia, pumpkin, walnuts, blueberries, and puffed millet. Pumpernickel and "no sugar, no salt added" peanut butter. It was delish. (Of course, there's a hipster born every minute that could "improve" on this. I am obviously unconcerned about the intimate daily molestation of dairy cows, and hydrogenation...please? Just because I don't like lumpy peanut butter?)

For morning snack, an all-white Betty Crocker cupcake with low-fat dream whip.

But in context of the overall diet.....

That is VERY hipster.

I like pumpkin with cottage cheese and pumpkin pie spice and extra cinnamon. It tastes like pumpkin cheesecake to me. I have it for breakfast a lot.

If we ask really nicely, would you share the proportions of your pumpkin cottage cheese goodness? =)

I eat 169g of cottage cheese and 91g of pumpkin, so whatever that works out to be. I sort of eyeball the spices, but I do log them. I probably overlog the amount. I also add liquid Splenda. You can sweeten it or not as you'd like.

I should add that I've had this with both fat free and 4% cottage cheese. It is sooooooo much better with full fat cottage cheese. It's also more filling, even though I eat less of the full fat cottage cheese than I did of the fat free.

I love love LOVE cottage cheese, but being lactose intolerant can only have the lactose free, which is 1% milk fat. I've never tried it with pumpkin, though...and it sounds delicious!
  • Cortelli
    Cortelli Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    maidentl wrote: »

I had peanut M&M's at the ball game tonight. I've ruined my whole day.

Try your whole life. Did you read the thread? Now you are going to get wrinkles and diabetes.

:D
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,218 MFP Moderator
    Options
    SLLRunner wrote: »

I love love LOVE cottage cheese, but being lactose intolerant can only have the lactose free, which is 1% milk fat. I've never tried it with pumpkin, though...and it sounds delicious!

Well, I learned something today. I had no idea that the 1% cottage cheese was lactose free.

@SLLRunner, did you know they make lactase enzymes that you take with your first bite of cheese/milk/yogurt/whatever you're eating that has lactose in it and you don't get the normal "I ate something my body can't handle issues"? One of my boys is lactose intolerant, and he LOVES pizza, cheese, milk... all the things he can't have. It was hella tough at first, until we found the lactase enzymes. You can find them at your local drug store (or walmart... or a grocery store...) but I'm in the US. Not sure where you are or if they are widely available for you.