critically accalimed moveis u thought were really bad?

Options

Replies

• DragonSquatter
    DragonSquatter Posts: 957 Member
    Options
    I don't think it's critically acclaimed, but everyone I know loved it... Bridesmaids! Thought it was terrible! But I'm not a fan of toilet humour and cringey-ness. :P

This.

I hated the Hangover movies. Anything with Vince Vaughn in it is ridiculous and stupid. He always does the exact same woman-chasing boring idiot character.
  • oldandhealthier
    oldandhealthier Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    A Thin Red Line was the most boring movie I've ever seen!

Dang, yeah, I forgot that one....
    oh definitely bad
  • LadyGhostDuchess
    LadyGhostDuchess Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    I don't think it's critically acclaimed, but everyone I know loved it... Bridesmaids! Thought it was terrible! But I'm not a fan of toilet humour and cringey-ness. :P

This.

I hated the Hangover movies. Anything with Vince Vaughn in it is ridiculous and stupid. He always does the exact same woman-chasing boring idiot character.

My Ex looks like Vince Vaughn...and *twitch* I would rather pass!
  • jamielynas
    jamielynas Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    yeah Silver Linings Playbook for me too :|
  • Neshmi
    Neshmi Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Anything with Sean Penn in it. I've never seen an actor so blatantly chasing Oscars like this guy. Overacts and underwhelms...
  • TallGlassOfQuirky
    TallGlassOfQuirky Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Citizen Kane

American Beauty

Both are horrible, awful, BAAAAAAAD movies.
  • jimandpam87
    jimandpam87 Posts: 62 Member
    Options

WHAT? Just...WHAT? ;)

I have to put another vote in for Silver Linings Playbook. EVERYONE was raving about this, I thought it was just weird. I was sad b/c I love Jennifer Lawrence and Bradley Cooper. But just...no.
  • motown13
    motown13 Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Citizen Kane

American Beauty

Both are horrible, awful, BAAAAAAAD movies.

I first saw American Beauty while in England and loved it..... came back home and watched it a few years later in the US, and hated it. And I 100% agree on Citizen Cane.
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    Hunger Games. I mean seriously what the fvck was that shid

Yes I agree 100% Lame as *kitten*.
    There may have been 3 great parts.
  • missybct
    missybct Posts: 321 Member
    Options

This.

Agreed with Vince Vaughn, I cannot stand him - not sure why. He's not even good "bad" like Nic Cage, who just makes my pee my pants with awfulness. I have avoided the "Hangover" films on the basis that they have Vaughn in and because it's like WOOHOOOO cringefest - ergh.

Titanic is probably one - but I think that gets panned quite a lot now. I wasn't a huge fan of "The Notebook" because it was just so sappy, but I'm a cynical *****.

I don't know if it was critically acclaimed, but "Hannibal" was pretty ****e for me. I don't know whether it was because I loved Silence of the Lambs so much (ironically, first time I saw it, I hated it, but I was 11) or whether it was awful. I also hated Blair Witch Project.
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    Titanic (laughing at this movie almost got be thrown out of the theater
    Agree! I was one of the first people to see Titanic. The part where he tells her to save herself by kicking her way back to the surface made me laugh out loud. It was like watching Wile E Coyote.

It wasn't terrible but I thought Lincoln was way overrated. Daniel Day-Lewis did a great impression of Lincoln but I expect impressions from comedians. Tommy Lee Jones played Tommy Lee Jones which is what he always does.
  • stephenszymanski
    stephenszymanski Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I see a lot of Silver Linings Playbook!

I wonder why? I thought that movie was great... and I thought Bradley Cooper deserved the oscar over DDL.
  • lj8576
    lj8576 Posts: 156
    Options
    I just watched bullet to the head (not critically acclaimed by any means) but I cant believe stallone is 66 years old.The movie is not too bad if you like those kind
  • Buddhasmiracle
    Buddhasmiracle Posts: 925 Member
    Options
    American Psycho
    Gangs Of New York
    Master and Commander
    Fight Club
    Donnie Darko
    Prometheus
    District 9
    The Bourne *all of them*
    No Country for Old Men
    Silver Linings Playbook

Wow. Agree, except I did like the first Bourne
  • insilence88
    Options
    American Psycho
    Gangs Of New York
    Master and Commander
    Fight Club
    Donnie Darko
    Prometheus
    District 9
    The Bourne *all of them*
    No Country for Old Men
    Silver Linings Playbook

Yeah the first Bourne is the best one but still not as good as i hoped it would be.
  • wild_wild_life
    wild_wild_life Posts: 1,334 Member
    Options
    American Psycho
    Gangs Of New York
    Master and Commander
    Fight Club
    Donnie Darko
    Prometheus
    District 9
    The Bourne *all of them*
    No Country for Old Men
    Silver Linings Playbook

Yeah the first Bourne is the best one but still not as good as i hoped it would be.

Funny, Donnie Darko and District 9 are probably my two favorite movies. Wonder what that's about. Oh well, more for me!
  • honey_bee_keysha
    honey_bee_keysha Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    Titanic
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
  • anemoneprose
    anemoneprose Posts: 1,805 Member
    Options
    wow, i loved most of the movies mentioned here, except avatar, titanic, and napoleon dynamite, i think time will show it to be more style/sentiment than substance. just reeked of faddishness. bridesmaids was only ok, 3/5.
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options
    Deep Throat sucked