critically accalimed moveis u thought were really bad?

Options

Replies

• amandapye78
    amandapye78 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    Titanic

Hated that movie, wanted to punch Leo several times

Was that critically acclaimed?
  • ShreddedTweet
    ShreddedTweet Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    Million Dollar Baby, I thought it was bad....Also throwing in Skyfall, I love a good Bond movie but that was not a good Bond movie.
  • BenchPressingCats
    BenchPressingCats Posts: 1,826 Member
    Options
    How has no one mentioned Twilight yet?

I didn't think it was critically acclaimed. If it is, those critics need to lose their jobs...

Also, any movie with Tom Cruise in it. I don't like movies in general, but Tom Cruise makes me want to punch a baby.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    cloud atlas
  • PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    'Pulp Fiction': saw it and couldn't figure out why so many people raved about it so I went to see it AGAIN (I do try to be open-minded) and still came to the same conclusion. Lame. Have seen several Tarantino flicks and feel that each one is worse than the last. The only one I liked was 'Natural Born Killers' and I think that was written by Tarantino but directed by Oliver Stone.

IMHO...Tarantino is overrated and uses gratuitous violence for shock value just to get people talking to drum up publicity. Ho hum, how dull. As a viewer, I don't care to be played like that. :yawn:

Blasphemy!
  • blackcloud13
    blackcloud13 Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    When I watched Citizen Kane it was meant to be the best movie ever. Seriously?

Also, City of Angels (Meg Ryan) was truly dreadful
  • The_Enginerd
    The_Enginerd Posts: 3,982 Member
    Options

I didn't think it was critically acclaimed. If it is, those critics need to lose their jobs...

Also, any movie with Tom Cruise in it. I don't like movies in general, but Tom Cruise makes me want to punch a baby.
    I would kill the last baby seal in the world if it meant Tom Cruise never made another movie.

Avatar was horrible. I saw it only because a friend won free tickets. I still wish I had that time back.
  • BenchPressingCats
    BenchPressingCats Posts: 1,826 Member
    Options

I would kill the last baby seal in the world if it meant Tom Cruise never made another movie.

But they're so damn cute! You can't kill baby seals, even for a cause that great!
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    Titanic

Hated that movie, wanted to punch Leo several times

Was that critically acclaimed?

11Oscars? Erm... Yup!

I laughed all the way through it. Facile, badly scripted, sentimental dross.

Saving Private Ryan -ditto. Too facile, too many off pat generalisations. Euch!

L'année Dernière à Marienbad - I slept through our first attempt at watching it and DH slept through our second attempt.

Chasing Amy - preaching to the converted *yawn*
  • PeanutButterLuver
    Options
    I'm terrible at remembering movie titles. The one movie that comes to mind is.....

Vanilla Sky. Absolutely horrible. But Tom Cruise might have something to do with that!
  • GeekAmour
    GeekAmour Posts: 262
    Options
    'Pulp Fiction': saw it and couldn't figure out why so many people raved about it so I went to see it AGAIN (I do try to be open-minded) and still came to the same conclusion. Lame. Have seen several Tarantino flicks and feel that each one is worse than the last. The only one I liked was 'Natural Born Killers' and I think that was written by Tarantino but directed by Oliver Stone.

IMHO...Tarantino is overrated and uses gratuitous violence for shock value just to get people talking to drum up publicity. Ho hum, how dull. As a viewer, I don't care to be played like that. :yawn:

Blasphemy!

I know right?

tumblr_ln2ijko9yW1qaxbtdo1_500.gif
    I HATE Napoleon Dynamite.
    WHY and HOW can people find it funny or entertaining?

You're just jealous because I've been chatting online with hot babes all day long.

:D

WINNING.

tumblr_lyjkv7oNeg1roor40o1_500.gif

As for really bad "critically acclaimed" movies... was Bridesmaids critically acclaimed?! Really?

I happened to be in the room while Avatar was playing & I have to say, it was awful. As a rule I stay away from anything that everybody "just HAS to see", and am proud to say I have not seen, nor will I ever see Titanic, The Hunger Games, any of the Twihard movies and half the movies people have mentioned here. I wish Avatar was on that list still, I was just too lazy to leave.
  • Nerdybreisawesome
    Nerdybreisawesome Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    "Titanic" (the most recent) & "Gone With The Wind".

However, I'd rather read.

I hate hate Titanic but love Gone With the Wind but I laugh through most of it...... I think Scarlet is hilarious and I know she isn't supposed to be.
  • Nerdybreisawesome
    Nerdybreisawesome Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    the remake of the Dukes of Hazard- shouldn't have messed with a good thing the original was better.
    Tooth Fairy- Duane Johnson aka The Rock doesn't make a good tooth fairy because the tooth fairy should've been a female.
    the remake of Footloose- why mess with an original.

I will never ever watch the remake of Footloose....ever! Why remake it????
  • Joehenny
    Joehenny Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options

Aw *kitten* don't even get me started on that garbage
  • debbash68
    debbash68 Posts: 981 Member
    Options
    Black swan
    Little miss sunshine
    Crash
    The other one with jim Carey and Kate winslet. .......I know what being in a coma feels like after watching this
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    American Beauty
    Also, Little Miss Sunshine. Forgot that one. :-)

I know there are more, but I try to forget the ones I hate!
  • BlitzClipz
    BlitzClipz Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I hated Dirty Dancing. And Road House. And Ghost. Actually pretty much every Patrick Swayze movie I've seen I thought was bad :/
  • nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Options
    Hunger Games. I mean seriously what the fvck was that shid

Books were way better than the movie. Made a lot more sense to me.

cant watch a book in 2 hours can ya, not even if it fits in your vhs. true story.
  • MexicanOsmosis
    MexicanOsmosis Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I'm really curious as to what movies some of you liked...
  • MexicanOsmosis
    MexicanOsmosis Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    As my own rule of thumb, for movies that are based on books, I try to read the book(s) before I watch the movie.