trying burpee challenge

Options
1235»

Replies

• nottaquitter
    nottaquitter Posts: 130
    Options
    ok did 10 more...I think I could have made it 12-15 but I did not wanna push it again and regret it tomorrow.
    Cant wait till tomorrow but have to do it tonight. Very impressed with your 20 burpees. Thats awesome!! You totally make me want to step up my game. Thanks for motivating me.
  • nottaquitter
    Options
    ok did 10 more...I think I could have made it 12-15 but I did not wanna push it again and regret it tomorrow.
    okay did 22 with push up. However you got me with your second set. As time progresses I'm hoping to build enough strength catch up with you.
  • MoMMaBReNNaN
    Options
    Thank you so much for this post, I am going to jump on board with your challenge and start my burpees tomorrow. I will be 19 days behind you, but better late than never, right!!!! Thanks for the motivation. Way To Go!!!!!!!
  • nottaquitter
    Options
    Okay changed it up to break the monotony.
    burpee
    squat thrust (burpee minus the push up)
    burpee
    squat thrust
    20 reps and preparing for my second set after lunch then another after dinner. Steppin outta the comfort zone today. WOOHOO.
  • shemyg06
    shemyg06 Posts: 84
    Options
    another day done 10 burpies!!! yah me
    and it was not that they were killing me that I took that day off, I had to go out of town on fathers day and missed a day, spent most of it driving, or being beaten up by toddlers. and the toddlers are more than enough exercise for me, lol

also to anyone who struggles with push ups, burpies with pushups are great, you only do one at a time, then you jump up, releasing all stress from your arms for a second before doing another, in my opinion, it is a great way to get used to it.
    if it is still uncomfortable try to do a push up every other burpie or one pushup for every three you do, something like that.
    my upper body strength has gone down the drain, but doing pushups here aren't bad.
  • shemyg06
    Options
    and 11 burpies done today. now time to shower and get ready for work.
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    Great job everyone!!!
  • shemyg06
    Options
    another day complete, 12 burpies done!!!
  • cbluna
    cbluna Posts: 26
    Options
    I know that this is a very stale thread but I just wanted to come and thank the OP, not only am I still doing the Burpee challenge...42 today...but my husband thought he'd try it too...although he got injured about day 12 it inspired him to get fit generally, which was something he probably wouldn't have come to on his own without me starting this challenge...so thank you from 2 people who are more fit today than we were 43 days ago! :)
  • booyainyoface
    booyainyoface Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    only 20?? :) we do 7 minutes max burpees a few times a year to check our endurance... 86 is my best :)

way to get started all! burpees are a bit*h!
  • vks32
    Options
    Why is neither the burpee or squat jump an exercise that you can log?
  • sasnjos
    Options
    Why is neither the burpee or squat jump an exercise that you can log?

Any movement on this, I,would also :tongue: like to log burpees and squat jumps
  • Shannonpurple
    Shannonpurple Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Man I just saw this thread and a burpee challenge seems like a bad idea........... but I love bad ideas and tend to stick with them. lol I will start in the morning.