Hungry after 7pm Struggles...

Options
1235»

Replies

• canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    Old cheddar & Freybe Pepperoni Damn Hot (gluten free). Best nighttime snack ever. Don't eat the carbs, they'll keep you awake and leave you wanting more at midnight, lol. And the sex (if you don't have kids hanging around) - that solves the snack problem right there. If you are really snackie you can use edible oils, etc...
  • daaaaaanielle
    daaaaaanielle Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Pre-log your day to include a snack later on at night and try and eat your dinner later on. I've found those to be the biggest help for me to avoid going over my calories for the day. Depending on when I end up having dinner and going to sleep, I sometimes end up not eating my snack.
  • Tedebearduff
    Tedebearduff Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    CindyR81 wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend a suggestion on this? After 7pm I get so hungry and all I want is cereal or a sandwich or chips... Basically nothing healthy. I'm not to keen on fruits so late either. Help any late night snack recommendations?

Eat more protein for dinner or eat later at night .
  • GreenIceFloes
    GreenIceFloes Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    CindyR81 wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend a suggestion on this? After 7pm I get so hungry and all I want is cereal or a sandwich or chips... Basically nothing healthy. I'm not to keen on fruits so late either. Help any late night snack recommendations?

Just save some calories for after 7 PM and eat whatever you want.
  • kema2000
    kema2000 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    set up your daily intakes to show up as a morning meal, mid morning snack, lunch, afternoon snack, dinner, and evening snack, and this way it helps to divide up your calories through out the day and you know what you can have after 7 as an evening snack. Also I like Capt_Apollo suggestion about spreading your meals out a bit and don't even eat dinner till 7.
  • jrline
    jrline Posts: 2,353 Member
    Options
    you can eat anything that fits into your daily calories just track it accurately
  • kpike207
    kpike207 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    My late night "hunger" isn't really hunger. I just start thinking I want all this junk food. If I brush my teeth or just go to bed earlier, it can help. Lately, I've been eating dinner a little later and then watching tv upstairs in my bedroom instead of in the living room that's right next to the kitchen. I also try drinking water or tea. I struggle with this ALL the time.
  • chopsart
    chopsart Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Cali585 wrote: »
    I make "cocktails" late at night.
    1) Water with lemon, lemon stevia drops, frozen blueberries = blueberry lemonade.
    2) Pellegrino with mint, lime, and lemon stevia drops = mojito.
    3) Lipton decaf cold brew tea, lemon, and lemon stevia drops = Arnold Palmer.
    4) Celestial Seasonings decaf green tea with mint cold brewed with cucumbers, mint, and lemon Stevia drops = really good but I don't have a name for it.

I love this idea!
  • debsdoingthis
    debsdoingthis Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I don't eat anything after dinner and that's always around 5:30-6 at the latest! Drink water! It will help u feel fuller. U shouldn't eat anything at least 4 hours before you go to bed.
    Why not? I understand if eating just before bed disturbs your sleep in some way, but there is no evidence that you can't eat before bed. Bolded statement is just a ridiculous myth.
  • jnv7594
    jnv7594 Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    I don't eat anything after dinner and that's always around 5:30-6 at the latest! Drink water! It will help u feel fuller. U shouldn't eat anything at least 4 hours before you go to bed.

This is not true. Time of day you eat does not matter in terms of weight loss as long as you eat at a deficit. I am a night time eater. I save the majority of my calories for the evening. I typically eat an 800 to 1000 calorie dinner between 9 p.m. and 10 p.m. and go to bed an hour later, sometimes less. I've been doing this since last August and have lost 90 pounds. Unless you have a medical condition like acid reflux, there is no reason you can't eat right up until bedtime. Eat on a schedule that works for you.

• jnv7594
    jnv7594 Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    Why not? I understand if eating just before bed disturbs your sleep in some way, but there is no evidence that you can't eat before bed. Bolded statement is just a ridiculous myth.

Exactly...

• devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Cassiea199 wrote: »
    I saw on the doctor oz show that u should only eat for a twelve hour period of time. So if u wake up at 7a.m. dont eat after 7p.m. i also talked to a pharmacist that read in a book that 90%of dieting is not eating 4 hours before u go to sleep. I think that number is exaggerated but if ur goal is to loose weight it might actualy be better for u to eat a little bit bigger of a dinner. But im not an expert. Lol.

:s
  • syndeo
    syndeo Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Cassiea199 wrote: »
    I saw on the doctor oz show that u should only eat for a twelve hour period of time. So if u wake up at 7a.m. dont eat after 7p.m. i also talked to a pharmacist that read in a book that 90%of dieting is not eating 4 hours before u go to sleep. I think that number is exaggerated but if ur goal is to loose weight it might actualy be better for u to eat a little bit bigger of a dinner. But im not an expert. Lol.

Your backing statements are both appeals to authority. Except in this case, neither of them are authorities. Don't trust a word out of Dr Oz's mouth.

There is no truth to eating after 7pm. It is a myth. There is no magic fat fairy that turns after 7pm food into fat. It your snack fits your macros, and you have calories in your budget, it is fine.
  • ilovec4eva
    ilovec4eva Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I have a list of go to night time foods that are nearly guilt free because they are either negative calorie low calorie or high protein or a combination. They are
    apple
    Greek yogurt the 80 cal ones
    casein protein shake
    hard boiled eggs
    celery,cabbage,carrot slaw
    tomato soup

Good luck
  • mommasrecipes
    mommasrecipes Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Well, what I do is have a protein and veggie breakfast( Egg white omelette with veg. and a V8), so that at night when I get the craving for comfort food, a good old fashioned bowl of oatmeal, or some low fat granola that I eat dry, with some really good water or tea to sip on. This leaves me feeling full so that I don't go to bed hungry ( hate that feeling! Don't you?). Hope this helps.
  • jennysuj
    jennysuj Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I try to space out my calories and balance protein/carbs/fats/veg at each meal or snack. So I eat smaller, more complete meals and it helps a lot. I also plan out my snacks before I get hungry. Also, alcohol will make me eat more, so I avoid it.
  • Kurtis2323
    Kurtis2323 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Here are a couple of ideas. Try to eat foods with protein and fiber:
    1. 2 Eggs & (1) Pc of Whole Wheat Toast w/Double Fiber.
    2. Sautee some vegetables - Green pepper, red pepper, asparagus, mushrooms. Use canola spray.
    3. Skinny Pop Popcorn
    4. Protein Bars (Something with nuts and fiber).
    5. Try and find a decaf drink (coffee, tea, etc.) that you like that has no calories to drink with after your snack.
  • SteRobinson77
    SteRobinson77 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    If you run out of calories brush your teeth, curbs it. If you want to fill up go for porridge or granola
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    I have started drinking "Sparkling ICE" water and when I get the late evening hunger; I will drink a bottle (17 oz.) of this. Some people don't like the 'bite' to it (it is a carbonated drink). I love it and you can't beat it at $1a bottle, comes in all sorts of flavors. Spend $1 and try it - for me, it helps curb my appetite and is an easy way for me to get those 8 8-oz of water/fluid/coffee a day. ZERO calories, zero all across the board.