The 40-Something Club

Options
I am 43 and have about 43lbs to lose! Hoping to get motivation from some other 40 somethings to kick this into gear.

Anyone?

Replies

• jenRN3
    jenRN3 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm exactly the same...age 43 and want to lose 40-45! It's very difficult. I ate super healthy for 8 days (no fast food and no alcohol) and lost 4 lbs BUT THEN...went out for sushi and drinks ONE night and gained back 3! It was so frustrating, made me feel like giving up. But I will keep trying. It's the exercise in having trouble with right now...hard to get motivated as I'm tired all the time! lol.
  • AReeves41
    AReeves41 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Im 41. Need to lose about 15-20Lbs more.
    Feel free to add me.
  • 74Brian74
    74Brian74 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    40 years old. Pushing the heaviest I've ever been. 238lbs. Goal is 220 by July 1 when I fly to Europe. I need to be consistent and disciplined. Oh, and get my cardio hrs in! Stay focused all!!
  • DanaRLeipold1967
    Options
    I'm 47 and need to loose about 20 pounds. Guess I'm the old lady in here? If I can do it then you youngsters can! :)
  • vix4001
    vix4001 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I' 42, quit smoking 5 months ago and gained about 9 pounds.Not a massive amount but enough to make me uncomfortable . I was a little overweight before i quit, so I have about a stone to get rid of. Lost 3lbs since joining here!
  • bubaluboo
    bubaluboo Posts: 2,098 Member
    Options
    I'm 47. I lost 37lb and hit my goal at age 45...it's totally doable! Since then I very slowly put some back on. I'm back to calorie counting now. It really works if you just keep a sensible target (1lb a week for me) eat to your goal, keep active and eat back your exercise calories. Be careful not to over estimate calories burned (my fitbit seems to keep me on track) or underestimate calories consumed.
  • efrensgirl2015
    efrensgirl2015 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    I'M 41 and since I joined around March 6th....down 17.2 lbs with 38 more to go. It has been easy. Just log what you eat as you go along. That way you know how many calories you have left to play with. If you need more then excercise to buy yourself more. I use cardio just to buy mor calories but strength training is where it's really at if you want to look good.
  • kacmac1992
    kacmac1992 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm 43 and have recently "rejoined" MFP. No results yet, but today is my first day back. Losing weight seems to be the hardest thing I have ever tried to do. I quit smoking 10 years ago and that was a piece of cake compared to losing weight. Any advice you have on getting started is much appreciated.
  • Kristyai3
    Kristyai3 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I'm 45, have lost 60 lbs and would like to lose another 25.
  • miche173
    miche173 Posts: 50 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I'm 42, and have a total of 80 pounds to lose. Since starting in February, I'm down 24 pounds. I'm mostly doing low carb, due to insulin resistance, and a family history of diabetes. I do great during the day (especially at work), but evenings are tough.
    I just started MFP 10 days ago, and I love the feedback:).
  • Erinleigh13
    Erinleigh13 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    wow I love all the results so far! you are all inspiring me to push myself. I definitely have my ups and downs not going to lie. I can be so on track with the working out for days-weeks and then nothing. The food strangely enough has been easier for me. I have to say-not that I am arguing with professionals who might say 80% food and 20% working out but I have been eating good for some time now and drink water non-stop and my weight stays the same. I might be more 50/50 haha
  • trishaglockel
    trishaglockel Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm 49 pushing 50. My goal is to lose 100 total, but I'm going very slow. Maybe losing 2 pounds a week. I have cut out the simple carbs,gave up Diet Pepsi after 35 years, and stopped eating out twice a day for breakfast and lunch. I am pushing myself to drink 128 Oz of water every ery day. Still trying to find motivation for cardio. Sore back and knees, I know that if I lose weight they will feel better.
  • cjsacto
    cjsacto Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    I'm 45, I have about 50 pounds to lose. I lost 35 pounds two years ago on MFP but let it all go and gained it back. :( I've been back for almost a month now.
  • cj94404
    cj94404 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    45 and want to lose 25 lbs. Have lost 6 since March 8 so very slow.
  • rainbow1974
    rainbow1974 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I'm 40, have managed to lose 5lb out of 20 so far... I fluctuate a lot so only logging the losses! My diary is open and I'm happy to be friends with anybody in the same boat. I try hard but love a glass or 4 on the weekends..... Just started at the gym too so hopefully will be at my goal before I hit 41 in June......
  • DianePK
    DianePK Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Im 45 and I have 18kg to lose. I was slim until a ski accident and a surgeon ruined my knee and I put weight on steadily since them. I have tried to lose the weight before, and just put it back on so this time I am trying again for the longer term.
  • HelenWater
    HelenWater Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I'm in my 40s, have lost 28 kg and still wish to lose 34 kg. I'm happy to connect with anyone interested in health and fitness.
  • Patriots96
    Patriots96 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I am 43 and have about 43lbs to lose! Hoping to get motivation from some other 40 somethings to kick this into gear.

Anyone?

I am 42, will be 43 in October. I lost 30 pounds over a year ago and managed to gain ALL of it back. I definitely need over 40 friends. I am also a type 1 diabetic on a pump and CGM (continuous glucose monitor-checks my blood sugar every 5 minutes and alerts me if I am going high or low) Since I rejoined a week ago, my blood sugars and insulin needs have decreased signficantly. I need motivation to keep this up though. please friend me! I am in NC

• Feistychick68
    Feistychick68 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Also in the fourty club. Meh how the hell did that happen? Yesterday I was 18 an d 105 now I'm 46 220 and thinking I'm in that movie where I'm in someone else's body.. But the horror film of where I am at is reality.
  • Kim_1971
    Kim_1971 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm 29 (in my mind) but really 44. I have 75 lbs to lose which seems a bit overwhelming right now. I've signed up at the local gym and trying to eat better. I could really use some motivation and support to help me get to my goal.