The 40-Something Club

Options

Replies

• BringingSherriBack
    BringingSherriBack Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    40 here (41 at the end of June) needing to lose about 30 pounds to get back to my weight of about 2 years ago and would like to lose about 50 pounds total.
  • sunnydee216
    sunnydee216 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I'm 42 and it's my first time here. I need to lose about 50lbs! I am at my heaviest. Even when I was pregnant with twins I was lighter

Ha! I have the same issue. Except my twins will be 30 this summer! So can't blame it on them.
  • sunnydee216
    sunnydee216 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    mrsbutla wrote: »
    whatatime wrote: »
    how's everyone this morning?? I have a confession to make.....I haven't worked out in a week. ugh!!! I need help!
    What's holding you back? Motivation?

yes :( I am a single mom and work full time and I am allowing myself to believe my own hype of not having time lol

Sorry to be blunt, but you need to make time. No one else is going to force you to work out or eat well. You need to do it yourself (and your kids). Try fitting in workout time over your lunch break, or after everyone else is in bed.

Oh I know...that's why I said I was allowing myself to believe my own hype! haha. I know it's possible to make at least a 30 minute window. I have just been lazy and unmotivated the last week and trying to make myself feel better by saying I don't have time (which I know isn't true)....vicious cycle of arguing with myself lol

Maybe buy yourself a kettle bell or aerobic step .. Plenty of free workouts on YouTube . Leave the housework or dishes. . They can wait 30 minutes . You don't need fancy equipment or workout videos . I know it's easier said than done but even if it's once or twice a week it's a start

yes, you're right! I have a kettle bell that I am going to dig out as soon as I get home today. THank you!

Planks are a great full body exercise. There are different variations and also good ol pushups which I hate. haa haa

I have actually learned to like planks! Getting better and better at them!

I don't mind the planks either. Keep up the good work!

• 1mumrevolution
    1mumrevolution Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Planks are the best. I plank every day.
  • 1mumrevolution
    Options
    Hi everybody; 43 yo guy here. I was disgusted with myself mid-January when I saw the scale reading 286#; no way I thought I had ever gotten that heavy. After 3.5 months, I'm down 30# and plan to keep this new "lifestyle" for the forseeable future. I'm not a gym rat, but instead count every calorie w/MFP, and treated myself to a Fitbit Charge a month ago. I wish you all well in your journey, and feel free to friend me b/c I have no friends yet!

Welcome Redbeard, are you the first chap in this thread?

• katscoots
    katscoots Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    41 - lost about 22 lbs a few years ago, have gained back about half of it...back here and back at it.
  • mojohowitz
    mojohowitz Posts: 900 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I just turned 40. It's inspiring to see so many motivated (and attractive) 40 somethings in here. I see lots of my peers who simply have given up or simply don't care. The fact that this thread exists gives me hope.

I have about 30 to 40 to lose (not loose).
  • ldonahue74
    ldonahue74 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    40, almost 41....ugh, when did that happen? i've lost close to 30lb so far...only need to lose 60-something more. any feel free to add me, i need all the motivation i can get from people who arent 20-something anorexics lol
  • blueoasis50
    blueoasis50 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    45 yrs young here :) with a goal to lose 80 lbs. Have lost 25 so far in 5 months (slowwwww). Doc says its better than losing fast (so for 2 seconds his words are a consolation). In great health otherwise, other than this weight war that I am determined to win this time. Discovering there might be some truth to 'its difficult to losing weight in your 40s'. Overcame my biggest challenge - consistent exercising - and while I am only power walking and hiking I am proud of myself for working at it every week. When that inner voice of inertia says - ah go tomorrow or I am tired - the strong side now says - forget it I am going now- very excited (gotta pat myself on the back for every accomplishment no matter big or small). Feel free to friend me as I have no friends here on MFP and lets keep each other motivated through the plateaus and changes.
  • teddygreco
    teddygreco Posts: 1 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I'm 41. I am the heaviest I have been. pushing 200 lbs. I want to lose 50. Just getting started with 30 minutes of excercise a day/5 days a week. This is week 5. My eating habits have to change so I am starting this great 21 day cleanse called, The Vitality Cleanse. It's not just liquid, you actually get to eat...healthy foods. Anyways, I find the motivation within to keep pushing is sorely lacking. Depression does not help but I know that I just have to do this. That's why I am here....for support! Feel free to add me!
  • 1mumrevolution
    Options
    45 yrs young here :) with a goal to lose 80 lbs. Have lost 25 so far in 5 months (slowwwww). Doc says its better than losing fast (so for 2 seconds his words are a consolation). In great health otherwise, other than this weight war that I am determined to win this time. Discovering there might be some truth to 'its difficult to losing weight in your 40s'. Overcame my biggest challenge - consistent exercising - and while I am only power walking and hiking I am proud of myself for working at it every week. When that inner voice of inertia says - ah go tomorrow or I am tired - the strong side now says - forget it I am going now- very excited (gotta pat myself on the back for every accomplishment no matter big or small). Feel free to friend me as I have no friends here on MFP and lets keep each other motivated through the plateaus and changes.
    That's the voice of determination right there. Well done.
  • marji1974
    marji1974 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I'm 41 and am half way to my goal weight loss. Have loss 29 pounds so far and still have 30-35 more to go. I am seriously motivated to get healthier and loss weight.Please feel free to add me.
  • babygrl7036
    babygrl7036 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm 44 and have 46 pounds to lose myself. Add me if you want, I too could use support. I have lost 11 pounds in the past year and so far have kept it off. It would be nice to have friends to keep me motivated and that I can help keep them motivated as well.
  • kjablinskey
    kjablinskey Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I'm 44, lost 45 lbs over a six month period a year and a half ago. Have maintained that weight loss for over a year now. It's very doable.

Feel free to friend me. I've got suggestions and tips of a lot of things that worked for me and things I wish I'd done differently.
  • tracefan
    tracefan Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    In the 40 club too and realize it certainly is harder to lose those unwanted pounds. I would like to lose 15-20 I did it a year and 1/2 ago. I was so happy with myself but I tend to stress eat and gained. I'm so mad at myself but hope to get more motivated to keep going.
  • Patriots96
    Patriots96 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    42 and back on mfp after losing 30 pounds and then gaining it back. I have been back on mfp for almost 3 weeks and going to the gym 4 days a week. i cannot stand looking at myself in the mirror. I am also a type 1 diabetic on an insulin pump and cgm. Losing weight means fluctuating blood sugars which means sometimes I have to eat when I am not hungry to bring my blood sugar back up. Would love a friend or two in their forties to talk to and also fellow type 1 diabetics too!!

i
  • GrammyPeachy
    GrammyPeachy Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    I'm 45 and started last June. It's been 11 months now and I have lost 115 lbs! I still have 45 to go, but definitely know I will get there in the next 6 months or so. Stick with it, you'll do great!
  • KELLYONE
    KELLYONE Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I am 43 and I've lost 39 pounds and have 80 left to go. I just recently joined a gym for the first time in my life (which is actually quite the intimidating venture) but I'm pushing forward every day and would love to meet new friends and stay more motivated. Feel free to add me :smile:
  • Ken1882
    Ken1882 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    46. Yall feel free to add me if you'd like :)
  • Redbeard333
    Redbeard333 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Hi everybody; 43 yo guy here. I was disgusted with myself mid-January when I saw the scale reading 286#; no way I thought I had ever gotten that heavy. After 3.5 months, I'm down 30# and plan to keep this new "lifestyle" for the forseeable future. I'm not a gym rat, but instead count every calorie w/MFP, and treated myself to a Fitbit Charge a month ago. I wish you all well in your journey, and feel free to friend me b/c I have no friends yet!

Welcome Redbeard, are you the first chap in this thread?

Hmmm, am I? I don't mind... we're all in this together :smiley: