Replies

• MelissaE27
    MelissaE27 Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    43 here... feel free to add.. love to have support
  • cjsacto
    cjsacto Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    ok I created The 40-Something Club group!! It's a public group so please join and we can continue our discussion there.

It was a little hard to find so I thought I'd share the link for Erinleigh13's 40 Something Club group:
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/105750-the-40-something-club

Thanks for setting that up! I posted a couple of weeks ago, but I'm 45 and I've lost 12 lbs so far... but I have a good 50 to go. I keep changing my mind about my final goal weight but I know it's a ways away.
  • tschlach
    tschlach Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    41 here. My goal is to lose 100 lbs. Seems like a lot but it will put me down to at least a ideal weight. I work out 5 days a week 25-30 mins on the elliptical and about 1 1/2 hours with weights. I've lost 12 pounds so far. I'm consistently always under my caloric intake and I know that's not good but I want this weight gone a month ago. Add me if you like.
  • tcbutler8627
    tcbutler8627 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    cjsacto wrote: »
    ok I created The 40-Something Club group!! It's a public group so please join and we can continue our discussion there.

It was a little hard to find so I thought I'd share the link for Erinleigh13's 40 Something Club group:

Thanks for setting that up! I posted a couple of weeks ago, but I'm 45 and I've lost 12 lbs so far... but I have a good 50 to go. I keep changing my mind about my final goal weight but I know it's a ways away.

You're right, it was a little hard to find. I found it, but thanks for posting the link for others.

Good job on the 12 pounds and keep up the good work.
  • CAROLISWHOIAM
    CAROLISWHOIAM Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Am 41 and need to take my life back am 5'5 at my whopping g 215 goal is 165 need support plan to start w baby steps would love to jog a 1 mile someday and just get healthier am fighting depression would love some friends to get on track to motivate one another. Hope to find it here.
  • kristy5us2013
    kristy5us2013 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am 43 and have about 43lbs to lose! Hoping to get motivation from some other 40 somethings to kick this into gear.

Anyone?

• kristy5us2013
    kristy5us2013 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am 41 and want to lose 30 pounds.
  • MorriCorvidae
    MorriCorvidae Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    cj94404 wrote: »
    How do we join?

The group is here, there's a join button :smile: Just found it myself!
  • Erinleigh13
    Erinleigh13 Posts: 56 Member
    Options

You're right, it was a little hard to find. I found it, but thanks for posting the link for others.

Sorry about that!! I tried to send invites out to everyone but may not have included all!

• tcbutler8627
    tcbutler8627 Posts: 279 Member
    Options

Sorry about that!! I tried to send invitesq out to everyone but may not have included all!

Oh no worries! I still found it. lol
  • lorenbowles74
    lorenbowles74 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm 41 just turned 41 go to the gym darn near all the time I've always been a health nut. I do strength training for 4 days and I do cardio twice a week I eat about 2600 Calories a day right now pretty much all clean I do eat ice cream once in a while like a 0.5 cup. My goal right now to get down to 175 to 180 pounds all mostly all muscle right now I'm 183 pounds I've been losing weight pretty fast since I put myself on this 2600 Calorie diet.
  • kpodaru
    kpodaru Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    turing 40 this year ( :o ) but at least i'm going to do it in the best shape of my life. i recently found my high school jeans when i was a teeny thing, put them on and they were a bit loose. my reaction to that was pretty much the same as when my husband proposed.
  • cj94404
    cj94404 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    kpodaru wrote: »
    turing 40 this year ( :o ) but at least i'm going to do it in the best shape of my life. i recently found my high school jeans when i was a teeny thing, put them on and they were a bit loose. my reaction to that was pretty much the same as when my husband proposed.

Ha! Well done. Isn't funny/horrible how important weight loss feels? I wish it didn't have that much power over me. I long to be a person who doesn't need to care. Or think about it all the time. I know that can't happen. I feel like an alcoholic. I will never have a day off thinking about it.

• Hastalabeastababy
    Hastalabeastababy Posts: 34 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Turning 44 this month! :# Lost 30 pounds on my own and have kept it off for 2 1/2 years now. Still a bit more to go. I do weight lifting 5 days a week and cardio 4-5 times a week (30 min or less). Been watching my macros and intake and hoping that by the time I hit the 50-mark, I'll look the strongest I've ever been in my life!
  • LaydieJo
    LaydieJo Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm 42 but I'll probably be 43 by the time you have scrolled down and read this! Was 8.5 stone when I met my husband, marriage, 2 kids later it's now time to put me and my 12 stone yellow Marge body first and shake off those pounds!! Am going to France on hols in August and want to look like Juliette Binoch not Dawn French!
    Happy to be friends just add me,
    Jo
  • dme100
    dme100 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I am 44 and had eating disorders when I was young, then got fat. I have lost 19 pounds so far and need to lose another 95. I am eating low-glycemic and it is working really well for me. I am also walking 10,000 steps or more each day for 5-6 days a week. Anyone can add me as a friend. :)

• trying4real
    trying4real Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I am 44 with about 80 to lose
  • dme100
    dme100 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I'm 44, have lost 52lbs since August last year. Hoping to lose another 20+. Feel free to add me as I'm willing to give and recieve support here.
  • FlowVinyasa
    FlowVinyasa Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Count me in!!
  • pepper1173
    pepper1173 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 41, lost 50 pounds in 2012, gained a bunch back. I'm now 12 pounds away from my goal, but I may go another 5. Anyone can add me :)