What do you eat for breakfast?

Options

Replies

• mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    It varies every day. I rarely eat traditional breakfast foods...sometimes leftovers, sometimes a sandwich, sometimes I cook something non breakfasty from scratch like a chicken breast.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    This morning was a big breakfast. Egg muffins, made a head and reheated, refrigerator oatmeal, and rye toast with Becel margarine.
  • cogsci
    cogsci Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Nothing, just coffee with milk.
  • chan0404
    chan0404 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. Thinking I need to change some things up, but I am not an egg eater so that won't work for me.
  • lesaw01
    lesaw01 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    During the week I usually have Greek yogurt with blueberries and a little granola for crunch and on the weekends I have bacon and eggs.
  • RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    Options
    I alternate between:
    1. Plain yogurt with fruit and homemade granola
    2. Oatmeal (rolled or steel cut) with either fresh or dried fruit and chia seeds - sometimes mix in cooked quinoa
    3. Eggs and veggies on a sprouted corn tortilla (breakfast taco)

For 2 and 3, I make enough for a couple days and put in the fridge. Then I just warm it up.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Eggs, toast, milk, coffee, fruit most mornings.

Yogurt, milk, coffee, fruit, bacon other mornings.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    chan0404 wrote: »
    I'm thinking about doing a protein shake for breakfast. What does everyone else eat for breakfast??

A protein shake is not designed to be a meal replacement; it's a supplement. I occasionally have a protein shake for breakfast but I have it with other stuff. With a whey supplement, you're not going to get really anything except protein...no vitamins, etc.
  • mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    Options
    There is no reason we have to eat breakfast foods for breakfast. I usually just try to get some good protein, fat and carbs in my morning meals. Keeps me going till lunchtime.
  • keelyjrs
    keelyjrs Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I like a grab and go breakfast like a muffin or breakfast biscuits, sometimes I have fruit but it doesn't fill me up for long
    I love porridge or sultana bran with chopped banana if I have a later breakfast
  • solivera87
    solivera87 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I find that whenever i have a "sugary" breakfast, such as oatmeal w fruits i tend to crave more sweets during the day. So i start of my day with a nice hearty meal. Eggs, turkey cold cuts, motzarella and ww bread. I know that this is about 500 calories, but i feel so satisfied! And i tend to eat better for the next 2 meals. Besides theres a saying...you should eat breakfast like a King, lunch like a prince and dine like a pauper
    . Meaning your biggest meal should be your earliest one. You have all day to burn off those calories!
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    I pretty much have the same breakfast every morning (for the last 15 years or so too) - toast with pb&j and a coffee
  • Jelaan
    Jelaan Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    Omlet made with Egg Creations, spinach and light goat cheese - yummy! Or non fat greek yoghurt and a couple of tablespoons of Grainless Granola (Wheat Belly recipe). It depends on whether I have time to cook. If I have left over veggies from the night before I throw them into an omlet with some salsa for flavour.
  • uvi5
    uvi5 Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    Usually coffee, splenda & milk. Rarely a poached egg & 1/2 english muffin or sometimes a bagel w/ 0.5 Tbs light butter :smiley:
  • ReeseG4350
    ReeseG4350 Posts: 146 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Well, I'm up before the roosters... literally. Then, after my morning workout, I'm off to work. So, breakfast is definitely 'on the fly'. Whatever comes to mind and is in the cabinet. Raisin Bran, Grape Nuts with raisins (never any processed sugar) added, raw veggies, a fruit salad 'built' upon arriving at work after a stop at the market. The only time I have the luxury of actually sitting down to a cooked meal is on weekends. Then it's something like buttermilk pancakes with homemade blackberry syrup, or homemade hash brown potatoes with eggs and sausage and grits.
    Every great now and again, I have homemade bread and I will slice some of that for toast and tea once I get to work.
    Yeh. That's about it. But, then, I do have a mongo bag of EAS Protein Whey powder shake mix which I will, on rare occasion, stick in the blender with a bit of milk and some ice. Don't do that very often, though. Need more substance to kick start my day. I'm always too hungry by the end of the day, even after I eat lunch, and I'm ready to start eating as soon as I walk through the door when I get home.
  • LoupGarouTFTs
    LoupGarouTFTs Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    Goat's milk yogurt with sugar-free fruit spread, followed by some kind of egg and carbohydrate combo or a protein bar. Once a week I have a bowl of cereal as a treat.
  • madcat444
    madcat444 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Varies between protein bar, porridge, protein pancakes and today, for the first time in three months, I had toast and marmalade :)
    Bread is a trigger for me so trying to flick a very well hidden moderation switch! :dizzy:
  • Gska17
    Gska17 Posts: 752 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    During the week: 113 grams of cottage cheese. Not too exciting but I like it.
  • _QueenE_
    _QueenE_ Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    It varies.

Waffles, cereal, fruit, a smoothie with frozen fruit and carrots, eggs and bacon, etc..
  • mckat08
    mckat08 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    My favorites would be a protein shake with 1/2 c blueberries or I scramble 1 whole egg, 2 egg whites and 1/2 c cottage cheese. Please don't hate on the 2 egg whites, it is a personal preference. B)