Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

Things That Make You Irrationally Angry

Options

Replies

• aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Habitual liars - and I'm not talking about lying about big, life changing things, or sparing someone's feelings. I'm talking, just lying about ANYTHING and EVERYTHING. I had a friend who would just make up stories about *kitten* and we're like, "There's NO way that happened to you... no effing way".

Parents who don't discipline their children and wonder why they're loud-screaming brats.
    Drivers who don't signal when they're turning then slam on their brakes right before they turn.
    Drivers who slow down too early before turning or stopping at a light.
    Drivers who merge at the last second and almost run you off the road - sorry, you can't read...don't kill me 'cause you're stupid!
    Loud eaters... chewing loudly, mouth open, slurping, smacking their food - also with gum. You're not a cow, don't chew like one.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Also I don't think any of this is irrational. :P
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    Valrotha wrote: »
    Voters. Somehow, the same people who realize they're not educated enough to perform open heart surgery have come to view themselves as experts on economics, social/political philosophy, history, etc. Factual errors are passed off as differences of opinion. And people embrace elements of a philosophy which, around the world, has resulted in the death of well over 100 million human beings. Why do they do this? Because they're compassionate. [/facepalm]

Yes, but I am somewhat of an expert on economics. I'm not at the level of someone like Robert Reich, and my expertise is more related to how outside factors affect organizations.
  • Carpedieznutz
    Carpedieznutz Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    Student Loans, it is practically a lifelong punishment for trying to be a contributing member of society.
  • FitForL1fe
    FitForL1fe Posts: 1,872 Member
    Options
    Student Loans, it is practically a lifelong punishment for trying to be a contributing member of society.

lol having to re-pay money given to you to purchase things you couldn't otherwise afford makes you angry..?
  • TrailBlazinMN
    TrailBlazinMN Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    lexlowe wrote: »
    Back-in parkers.
    +infinity

We do it so we can leave our parking spot safer and avoid any irrational anger. So much for that!
  • Noelv1976
    Noelv1976 Posts: 18,948 Member
    Options
    Last minute meetings
  • Carpedieznutz
    Options
    draznyth wrote: »

lol having to re-pay money given to you to purchase things you couldn't otherwise afford makes you angry..?

I was referring more to the fact that education at that level is otherwise unaffordable. We can find a way to make education available 'seemingly' free from preschool thru high school, but once the education is focused to a specific career, I need to pay the institution my future 401K, a liver, and the blood of 12 Himalayan virgin goats before I can proceed? If I need to pay an additional dollar in taxes so that I don't spend a lifetime in debt then I will gladly cough up the change.
  • daydreams_of_pretty
    daydreams_of_pretty Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    lexlowe wrote: »
    Back-in parkers.
    +infinity

We do it so we can leave our parking spot safer and avoid any irrational anger. So much for that!

Yeah, but the process of backing into the space, which takes extra time and is more difficult, negates the advantage when leaving.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    Accidently getting a cherry Jolly Rancher when expecting a watermelon.

FFS!
  • FitForL1fe
    edited June 2015
    Options

I was referring more to the fact that education at that level is otherwise unaffordable. We can find a way to make education available 'seemingly' free from preschool thru high school, but once the education is focused to a specific career, I need to pay the institution my future 401K, a liver, and the blood of 12 Himalayan virgin goats before I can proceed? If I need to pay an additional dollar in taxes so that I don't spend a lifetime in debt then I will gladly cough up the change.

idk I have friends who didn't go to college and still make solid money

does the cost of post-secondary education suck? yes

but thankfully there are grants, scholarships, and loans so you at least still have the opportunity to go

and if you choose a useful degree you will be able to repay your loans pretty quickly

if you take a bunch of loans to go to college and get a useless degree because you are "following your dreams", well that sounds like very poor judgement and a high sense of entitlement
  • TrailBlazinMN
    TrailBlazinMN Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Yeah, but the process of backing into the space, which takes extra time and is more difficult, negates the advantage when leaving.

I can back it up quicker than some people pulling in, which in turn makes it easier to pull out quicker than someone who just pulled right in; since they will have to slowly back up due to the fact that the majority of people are more cautious when going in reverse than when in drive. So there :tongue:

• LouisianaHotSauce_93
    LouisianaHotSauce_93 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Mouth breathers and people make a noise with there throat to scratch it!! It's so grrrr!!!
  • Carpedieznutz
    Options

but thankfully there are grants, scholarships, and loans so you at least still have the opportunity to go

and if you choose a useful degree you will be able to repay your loans pretty quickly

if you take a bunch of loans to go to college and get a useless degree because you are "following your dreams", well that sounds like very poor judgement and a high sense of entitlement

You're pretty passionate about paying student loans....
  • FitForL1fe
    Options

IRRATIONALLY ANGRY?! :hushed:
  • Carpedieznutz
    Options

Yes, I can see that you are with your use of all caps. It's okay, everything is going to be okay sir. Pay all the student loans you'd like.
  • ashdawg8790
    ashdawg8790 Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    I typed a lot of things. Everything started with "People". So... People. :-P
  • FitForL1fe
    edited June 2015
    Options

Yes, I can see that you are with your use of all caps. It's okay, everything is going to be okay sir. Pay all the student loans you'd like.

phew, crisis averted :mrgreen:

complain about them all you like, as well <3
  • 460mustang
    460mustang Posts: 196 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    When the person in front of you falls asleep at a green light. Then wakes up, takes off and you get stuck because the light has turned red again!
  • javakitty
    javakitty Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    People who marinate themselves in perfume!