THE UP3 EXISTS!! IT FINALLY ARRIVED!!

Options

Replies

• jbrown2339
    jbrown2339 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    editorgrrl wrote: »
    jbrown2339 wrote: »
    Question for the group. I am considering getting a WiFi scale to track weight, bmi, fat %. The fitbit aria looks good, and I have a fitbit charge hr right now, so that extra integration will be nice. However, if jawbone gets their band working in the future, not sure if I want to be so invested in one eco system. I still prefer jawbone app more then fitbit app, and would go back if they get the new sensors working (maybe).

Anyone else use a WiFi scale?

I use an IF recipe to send my Aria weight to Jawbone: https://ifttt.com/recipes/180981-record-fitbit-aria-scale-weights-in-jawbone-up

PS. MFP has a Jawbone UP Bracelet group: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/13420-jawbone-up-bracelet

And a Fitbit Users group: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/1290-fitbit-users

Thank you so much!!
  • Talan79
    Talan79 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    I was given UP24 as a xmas gift and loved it. I was upgraded to UP3 bc that's what my bf had paid for and it was released late. I've had it on since last night and don't like it already. One, its too big on my wrist. I don't care for the resting heart rate, I want to know my heart rate when I'm lifting. Not a fan of the new design and the clasp is annoying. Will try to send it back and hope to get him a refund. I'll stick to the UP24.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    not impressed with Jawbone right now...went to sync my band from last night and it took forever...why? because it was showing the sleep from the new Up3....and it won't sync to MFP atm either...stupid UA.
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    SezxyStef wrote: »
    it won't sync to MFP atm either.

MFP stopped syncing with UP several days ago: https://myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/portal/articles/1983451--jawbone-syncing-issues-

You can learn more in the Jawbone UP Bracelet group: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/13420-jawbone-up-bracelet
  • Libb3C
    Libb3C Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    it's looking like i will be sending my Up3 back - it can't sync with MFP and the main reason I bought it for the HRM portion doesn't function as originally advertised. Will go back to my good ole fit bit.
  • Talan79
    Options
    I was wearing UP24 for a few months. I'm on day 2 on the UP3. With a 2 mile run and lifting, my daily calorie burn was higher by 100 calories. I didn't work out today, but I have 3,500 steps, it says active calories burned 45. With UP24, on a day with same level of steps and no lifting, my active calories were like 125. Does anyone know if the calorie count has changed bn the two products?
  • editorgrrl
    Options
    Talan79 wrote: »
    I was wearing UP24 for a few months. I'm on day 2 on the UP3. With a 2 mile run and lifting, my daily calorie burn was higher by 100 calories. I didn't work out today, but I have 3,500 steps, it says active calories burned 45. With UP24, on a day with same level of steps and no lifting, my active calories were like 125. Does anyone know if the calorie count has changed bn the two products?

We should all be looking for the maximum number of calories at which we lose (or maintain)—never the minimum. Trust your UP3 for a few weeks, then reevaluate your progress.
  • Talan79
    Options
    @editorgrrl I think the UP3 is not as accurate as the UP24. That's all I was saying. My goal is recomp, so I want to eat at maintenance daily vs having a deficit. I went on their site, there is a thread discussing that UP3 is not using MotionX, and a lot of people who had the UP24 are writing in saying that the step count is much lower with UP3.
  • editorgrrl
    Options
    I have both an UP24 and a Fitbit (first a Flex, now a Charge HR), and Fitbit always gives me more calories than UP. I eat back my Fitbit calories, and I lost the weight and have maintained for ten months.

So my UP24 underestimates my burn.
  • Talan79
    Options
    I've gone down in body fat % and kept my weight the same so I think UP24 calorie burn was correct for me. If I was under eating my weight would have gone down. I try to eat at maintenance daily so I can gain muscle.
  • SezxyStef
    Options
    @editorgrrl thanks for the updates on the Up syncing issue. I think mine is getting there as well...finally.
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,731 Member
    Options
    @editorgrrl I think the UP3 is not as accurate as the UP24. That's all I was saying. My goal is recomp, so I want to eat at maintenance daily vs having a deficit. I went on their site, there is a thread discussing that UP3 is not using MotionX, and a lot of people who had the UP24 are writing in saying that the step count is much lower with UP3.

I agree. The Up3 is often significantly under the BodyMedia estimate, and BM has proven in the past to be extremely accurate for me. Jawbone's response to my complaints confirms that the BodyMedia is accurate and the Up3 is not, and they supposedly will be fixing the Up3 in a future update.
  • SezxyStef
    Options
    here is an interesting thing that has happened since the release of the Up3....when I went to update my Jawbone yesterday morning it had the "sleep" part of the up3 on my app...rem etc...took forever to update then went back to normal....I will get the new up when they get it sorted out.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options

I agree. The Up3 is often significantly under the BodyMedia estimate, and BM has proven in the past to be extremely accurate for me. Jawbone's response to my complaints confirms that the BodyMedia is accurate and the Up3 is not, and they supposedly will be fixing the Up3 in a future update.

what's the rush? it's only been 6 months since they originally claimed they would start shipping the thing. why should they get it to track accurately so quickly. these things take time. it's not like technology exists to accurately track with a minimum of input from the wearer.....oh wait, it totally exists. and all they have to do to get all of my monies is to just release the original BMF but use existing technology to make it a bit smaller and a bit less like i'm wearing a medical grade device. but hey, best they keep futzing around with this UP3 thing forever and ever and ever while garnering all the bad publicity the fitness media has to offer.
  • SnuggleSmacks
    Options
    You mean like the elusive BodyMedia Core 2 unicorn of broken promises?
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    You mean like the elusive BodyMedia Core 2 unicorn of broken promises?

:'(
  • SnuggleSmacks
    Options
    So, this is interesting. A law firm is exploring the possibility of a class action lawsuit against Jawbone for the failures of Up and Up24 bands.
  • Talan79
    Options
    Interesting. Tomorrow I'm going to wear my UP24 which I used for months and the new UP3. As I mentioned before, step count and calories burned are different. I'll wear both and report back variances.
  • Talan79
    Options
    Ok. So today I wore both UP24 and UP3. I logged 30 min of lifting into both apps. I also ran 4 miles which I did not log. UP24 had more steps, active calories and total daily burn. ip5jq3z5hnx3.jpg
    dvg4rjyz6id0.jpg
  • Cronniss
    Cronniss Posts: 108 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Why were the Active Time and the Longest Idle times different? And by so much? That could account for a difference in the totals between the two calculations for calories burned. (Or, at least for part of the difference.)