Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

What is the best cereal?

Replies

• Mpol2
    Mpol2 Posts: 442 Member
    I thought muesli would be the best cereal for dieting but I'm wrong on that I've been told.

I was going to include muesli in my diet but now I need another cereal, any ideas?

I am going against everyone else's thinking, but NO cereal is a good cereal to eat.

You're just saying that to go against the grain :p

GROAN:laugh:
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    I thought muesli would be the best cereal for dieting but I'm wrong on that I've been told.

I was going to include muesli in my diet but now I need another cereal, any ideas?

I am going against everyone else's thinking, but NO cereal is a good cereal to eat.

Yes, I was going to say that, but I am too exhausted this evening to even debate the hate that comes from such a comment.
  • weevil66
    weevil66 Posts: 600 Member
    I like Toasty Os. I usually eat them as a snack at work.
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    One serving of Cap'n Crunch gives me 35% of my daily iron. Many nights I reach for it instead of ice cream when I need to scratch my sweet/dairy itch.

The body only absorbs about 2% of the iron in any fortified food.

I would rather get my iron from a spinach salad and a grass fed steak.

Any food that has to be fortified with nutrients is not healthy to eat.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/HEALTH/11/08/twinkie.diet.professor/index.html

I don't care about some professor that ate nothing but twinkies.

I don't eat to count calories or lose weight. I eat for HEALTH and NUTRITION ONLY. I eat to heal my body. The weight loss that comes with this is merely a side effect.

Therefore boxed, packaged, factory made food like items do not have a place in my house or in my body.
  • AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    One serving of Cap'n Crunch gives me 35% of my daily iron. Many nights I reach for it instead of ice cream when I need to scratch my sweet/dairy itch.

The body only absorbs about 2% of the iron in any fortified food.

I would rather get my iron from a spinach salad and a grass fed steak.

Any food that has to be fortified with nutrients is not healthy to eat.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/HEALTH/11/08/twinkie.diet.professor/index.html

I don't care about some professor that ate nothing but twinkies.

I don't eat to count calories or lose weight. I eat for HEALTH and NUTRITION ONLY. I eat to heal my body. The weight loss that comes with this is merely a side effect.

Therefore boxed, packaged, factory made food like items do not have a place in my house or in my body.
    So why even join the thread?

You talk about health and nutrition but you quote bacon and eggs. SMDH
  • misssophieleigh
    misssophieleigh Posts: 55 Member
    I love special K.

Also, Honey Bunches of Oats. I mix it with yogurt and cinnamon (sometimes fruit if we have the right fruits at our house) and it is heavenly!
  • wildcat808
    wildcat808 Posts: 140 Member
    im a sucker for honey nut cheerios !! yum
  • foot1647
    foot1647 Posts: 92
    Cascadian Farms Organic Raisin Bran

I use Pacific Brand Organic Oat or 7 Grain milk. Its delicious, if it wasn't so high in fiber I'd eat it all day!
  • KLM2206
    KLM2206 Posts: 4 Member
    I also stick with lower sugar varieties as I find varieties with higher sugar content leave me ravenous shortly after.

So for me, in Australia, it's either Weetbix (and yes, it is Weetbix over here... not Weetabix... is that a UK thing?), or porridge made from rolled oats.
    In a previous life I did love me some NutriGrain, or Crunchy Nut Cornflakes. Still nice as a treat though!
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member

Yes, I was going to say that, but I am too exhausted this evening to even debate the hate that comes from such a comment.

palaeolithic people ate grains
  • battyg13
    battyg13 Posts: 508 Member
    Weetabix with a small serving of skimmed or semi skimmed milk (100-150ml)

Oatmeal 1/2 Cup with water (add to make texture as you want) and a teaspoon or 2 of stevia.

Or wholemeal toast and a scrambled egg white. or 2 and 2 if you feel you need something a bit more.
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member

My comment wasn't hateful, it was an attempt at humour. If I had to choose the healthiest breakfast I could it would be 2 pastured eggs fried in butter from a grass fed cow alongside a few pieces of bacon also from pastured animals and a few ounces of raspberries. The question, however, was about cereal not breakfast.
  • NikkiiiT
    NikkiiiT Posts: 34 Member
    I love cereal but I rarely eat it now. If I do i'll have special K with a chopped up banana.
  • BeckyAnne4
    BeckyAnne4 Posts: 143 Member
    i'm on the original kashi go lean train. good carb to protein ratio, and a good amount of fiber.

i also like regular ol' cheerios. i will always keep cheerios in my cupboard.
  • waldo56
    waldo56 Posts: 1,861 Member
    Special K Protein
  • TONYAGOOCH
    TONYAGOOCH Posts: 470 Member
    I just had Fiber One Honey Cluster cereal. It was amazing and I'm not a huge cereal eater. Serving size ia 1 Cup and it's 160 calories, 1.5g fat, 44g carbs (high I know), 13g fiber (higher than most cereals) and 3g protein. I think it's a pretty good choice but that's my opinion.
  • waldo56
    waldo56 Posts: 1,861 Member

Oh a paleo person telling everybody the are doing it wrong when it comes to eating. How weird, you never see that.
  • SandyChuckBled
    SandyChuckBled Posts: 1 Member
    I like HoneyNut Cheerios but they are high in sugar. I also like plain Cheerios - they aren't too bad and they really have helped lower my cholesterol.
  • JusticeGirl25
    JusticeGirl25 Posts: 703 Member
    Cinnamon Toast Crunch is the best!
  • bouchie11982
    bouchie11982 Posts: 11 Member
    careful when looking for cereals. they contain a lot of sugars. look for one that is 5 grams or less. also look for the amount of fiber and calories.