Options

Replies

• PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    PikaKnight wrote: »
    yopeeps025 wrote: »
    Sorry... Must've missed the posts that called out individual users body types.
    Thick. Because men like curves, not stick figures.

Even if he is joking his usage of words makes it worst.

Still, that's a pretty generic statement... that poster wasn't insulting anyone in particular. If anyone internalized it as an insult, it says more about that person than the poster.

Right. So you'd be okay if someone came on here and said no one wants to have sex with a fatty?

Yep, if that's their opinion, they're entitled to it... doesn't impact me. They could even go so far as to say no one wants to have sex with people with 'infinity' in their username. It's someone's opinion, what would it matter?

And it's my opinion that tearing down body types (especially ones that obviously include a disorder) is just a crappy thing to do. Why does it matter? Because I've had people ridicule me about my body and I wouldn't want to wish that on anyone else or encourage that way of thinking at all.

And that was wrong - no question. But I just think there's a big difference between making a generic comment and singling out an INDIVIDUAL. If you lump yourself in with the generic comment, that's YOU giving power to those words. Otherwise they're meaningless.

Regardless, I'm still okay with voicing my disagreement with such terms, especially on a fitness site.
  • JeopardyRight
    JeopardyRight Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    usmcmp wrote: »
    Yea, pretty much had it battered into mr at this point. I apologize if the term 'bag of hangers' personally offended YOU aswell.

But you aren't apologizing for saying it in the first place.

I publically and deeply apologuze to each and every person I offended by using the term 'bag of hangers', I also deeply apologize for indicating no one would want to **** a 'bag of hangers'. This turned out to be a hurtful statement and I apologize for not only saying it, but for thinking it in the first place.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    usmcmp wrote: »
    Yea, pretty much had it battered into mr at this point. I apologize if the term 'bag of hangers' personally offended YOU aswell.

But you aren't apologizing for saying it in the first place.

Apparently it's ok if she apologizes to one single person.

I'm pretty sure contrition wasn't the theme of her "apology" anyhow.
  • bennettinfinity
    bennettinfinity Posts: 865 Member
    Options

Still, that's a pretty generic statement... that poster wasn't insulting anyone in particular. If anyone internalized it as an insult, it says more about that person than the poster.

Right. So you'd be okay if someone came on here and said no one wants to have sex with a fatty?

Yep, if that's their opinion, they're entitled to it... doesn't impact me. They could even go so far as to say no one wants to have sex with people with 'infinity' in their username. It's someone's opinion, what would it matter?

And it's my opinion that tearing down body types (especially ones that obviously include a disorder) is just a crappy thing to do. Why does it matter? Because I've had people ridicule me about my body and I wouldn't want to wish that on anyone else or encourage that way of thinking at all.

And that was wrong - no question. But I just think there's a big difference between making a generic comment and singling out an INDIVIDUAL. If you lump yourself in with the generic comment, that's YOU giving power to those words. Otherwise they're meaningless.

Regardless, I'm still okay with voicing my disagreement with such terms, especially on a fitness site.

And you're right to do it.
  • DYELB
    DYELB Posts: 7,407 Member
    Options

Ew.gif
  • PikaKnight
    Options
    DYELB wrote: »

Ew.gif

:laugh:
  • DYELB
    Options
    What? I'm being honest. STOP BULLYING ME INTO SILENCE
  • jofjltncb6
    Options
    61594579.jpg
  • oneunfitdad
    oneunfitdad Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    to be honest i don't find any particular type more desirable than another infact i really cannot define what i consider attractive its just "something" about the individual
  • JeopardyRight
    Options
    I cant say me

Nope. Not allowed.
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    jofjltncb6 wrote: »
    61594579.jpg

the-truth.png
  • DYELB
    Options
    I cant say me

Nope. Not allowed.

See? The chunky one gets it! Can't you guys take a joke?
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    I cant say me

Nope. Not allowed.

See? The chunky one gets it! Can't you guys take a joke?

Relax everyone, body shaming is just a joke. Let them be.
  • PikaKnight
    Options
    jofjltncb6 wrote: »
    61594579.jpg

GIF-stefon-23812093-500-258.gif
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,780 Member
    Options
    bicker.gif
    giphy.gif

• JeopardyRight
    Options
    I will never understand people.
  • jofjltncb6
    Options
    I will never understand people.

^this

Although I suspect the members of each of our populations meant by "people" are entirely different.
  • therealblackdahlia
    therealblackdahlia Posts: 3,110 Member
    Options
    I think all body types are lovely. I do, however, like curves.
  • 1HappyRedhead
    1HappyRedhead Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    I have my thoughts (which I'll keep to myself) on why the OP is asking this question (about a third of her posts were similar), but my honest answer is that I feel most men are attracted to CONFIDENCE at any size. They've expressed it, and I've seen it, in my own situation and in others, as well as some men have already stated it in posts here. This is just my opinion, of course, but maybe confidence is the real issue here, not her just asking a random question for which there will be a million different answers....
This discussion has been closed.