Thick&curvy OR thin&skinny WOMEN

Options
1234568»

Replies

• therealblackdahlia
    therealblackdahlia Posts: 3,110 Member
    Options
    I have my thoughts (which I'll keep to myself) on why the OP is asking this question (about a third of her posts were similar), but my honest answer is that I feel most men are attracted to CONFIDENCE at any size. They've expressed it, and I've seen it, in my own situation and in others, as well as some men have already stated it in posts here. This is just my opinion, of course, but maybe confidence is the real issue here, not her just asking a random question for which there will be a million different answers....

I concur and very well said!

• jrline
    jrline Posts: 2,353 Member
    Options
    I have my thoughts (which I'll keep to myself) on why the OP is asking this question (about a third of her posts were similar), but my honest answer is that I feel most men are attracted to CONFIDENCE at any size. They've expressed it, and I've seen it, in my own situation and in others, as well as some men have already stated it in posts here. This is just my opinion, of course, but maybe confidence is the real issue here, not her just asking a random question for which there will be a million different answers....

exactly
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    emily_stew wrote: »
    I will never understand people.

True, I will never understand people....who use offensive remarks and body shaming in a weak attempt at "humour" ."
    Some people will ever remain a mystery I guess

I'm assuming the flag you received was for the superfluous "u".
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    jofjltncb6 wrote: »

True, I will never understand people....who use offensive remarks and body shaming in a weak attempt at "humour" ."

Are we are nationality shaming now?
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    jofjltncb6 wrote: »

Are we are nationality shaming now?

I don't even knoo what you're going on aboot...

...don'tcha knoo.

Higglety-pigglety and what not.

original.jpg

• stephaniejsharp
    stephaniejsharp Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    Questions like this are so ridiculous. Women come in all shapes and sizes and there are beautiful women who are thick and curvy and beautiful women who are slender and everything in between. You know what's really attractive to men? Being happy and confident with who and what you are. I'm Jes sayin'...
  • MissMary75044
    MissMary75044 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    The the OP, different people like different things, but for the most parts guys are pretty accepting. Your husband cheated on you not because she was one size and you were another, but because he is a jerk. If he at any point tried to make you feel like that was the reason it is because he wants to blame you for his bad choices. He made the choice to do what he did know full well it was wrong and it is no way your fault. Cheaters will often try to blame their partner for what they have done. I know how painful being left for someone else feels. Start fresh, love yourself, and forget about him. Time is the only thing that can mend a broken heart. **hugs**
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    mccindy72 wrote: »
    yopeeps025 wrote: »
    Sorry... Must've missed the posts that called out individual users body types.
    Thick. Because men like curves, not stick figures.

Even if he is joking his usage of words makes it worst.

Still, that's a pretty generic statement... that poster wasn't insulting anyone in particular. If anyone internalized it as an insult, it says more about that person than the poster.

I think we can all agree. Shaming is wrong. Body, mind, personality, spiritually.. but honestly its the internet... there are REAL evils out there people... like TMZ. :D

yes, we can. But apparently, you don't realize that calling some a 'bag of hangers' is shaming.

Yea, pretty much had it battered into mr at this point. I apologize if the term 'bag of hangers' personally offended YOU aswell.

Here's the deal. Shaming in any form is not a good thing. No one really knows why anyone else is the way they are. I used to be a fit and more muscular person at 140-145 lbs and a size 5. Now I'm a much thinner and bonier 120 lbs and a size 0. I don't have any control over this because I have brain cancer now and it's wreaked havoc with my body and I have trouble with eating a lot of foods and with gaining weight. You wouldn't know it to look at me; I get judged by a lot of people who just think I'm a skinny person. Skinny shaming is a pretty mean thing to do. Conversely, fat shaming is a pretty mean thing to do also. Even if someone is very overweight just because they eat a lot doesn't mean anything about who that person really is. There's a lot more to a person than just the look of a body. Hate is a pretty terrible thing. Basing it on appearance is awful.
  • lalabrucey
    lalabrucey Posts: 243 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Here is my take on it - A smile is attractive on anyone.

Edited: This question seems pointless and shallow.
    At the end of the day - it is *you* and you alone who must be happy with their body.
    All bodies are beautiful, it is confidence that makes them attractive.
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,197 MFP Moderator
    edited April 2015
    Options
    ThreadClosed.png

This thread has been closed for the following violations of community guidelines:

1. No Attacks or Insults and No Reciprocation

a) Do not attack, mock, or otherwise insult others. You can respectfully disagree with the message or topic, but you cannot attack the messenger. This includes attacks against the user’s spelling or command of written English, or belittling a user for posting a duplicate topic.
    b) If you are attacked by another user, and you reciprocate, you will also be subject to the same consequences. Defending yourself or a friend is not an excuse! Do not take matters into your own hands – instead, use the Report Post link to report an attack and we will be happy to handle the situation for you.

2. No Hi-Jacking, Trolling, or Flame-baiting

Please stay on-topic in an existing thread, and post new threads in the appropriate forum. Taking a thread off-topic is considered hi-jacking. Please either contribute politely and constructively to a topic, or move on without posting. This includes posts that encourage the drama in a topic to escalate, or posts intended to incite an uproar from the community.

4. Show Respect to All Groups and Individuals

No derogatory references to sex, gender, age, weight, body-type, disability, ethnicity, religion, or sexual orientation, or endorsement of violence against any person or group, even if couched in humor, will be permitted. This includes expressing stereotypes about any group or community.

6. No Intentionally Hurtful Posts

Topics or posts which are started with the intent to belittle others, either directly named or through enough descriptive commentary to be possibly identified, are prohibited. This includes stalking a poster through the forums, posting about past events gone sour, divulging personal information, or spreading gossip or rumors. At our discretion, any post referring to the behavior or posts of other users of the site will be removed.

And I'm sure I'm forgetting/missing some. I tried to clean it up so you guys could continue to discuss, but there's just too much 'wrong'. Sad Panda.

This closed thread may be deleted in the near future.

Regards,
    davis_em

This discussion has been closed.