is drinking water immediately after food really bad

Options

Replies

• PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    However you all feel about Snopes as an information source, this article contains the e-mail that has been perpetually floating around my job. This idiocy has been around for ages... http://www.snopes.com/medical/myths/coldwater.asp
  • praksindiafit
    praksindiafit Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    I know this is old one...but guess what in top tv shows here..they just said the same thing.. and it reminded of this thread.
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    I know this is old one...but guess what in top tv shows here..they just said the same thing.. and it reminded of this thread.

Oh Lord. Did this show up in Ozland?
  • junodog1
    junodog1 Posts: 4,792 Member
    Options
    This is hands down the dumbest question I have ever seen on MFP.

Keep reading posts. :p
  • Tacklewasher
    Options
    ... WHERE ON EARTH... do people get these things from?
    First a post saying apples and granola bars are bad... now drinking water after eating..

honestly.. just.... its exhausting sometimes LOL

OP, drink water before, during or after a meal, it doesn't matter.

The OP has this figured out. They just bumped the thread to suggest they saw it again.

As to the where on earth, I'm still guessing from the bump that it was on Ozland.
  • Tacklewasher
    Options
    i have a comment to this... but i can't say it on the boards... lol

PM me :)

BTW, seems I'm here. Can I not PM you based on your settings? I tried the other day and got an error.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options

I'm confused... 2 years ago you asked this question, it was answered, and you still won't let it due because of "some TV show".

Two. Years......

I sure hope you got something from this thread and were only just reminded by the silly show. :lol:
  • Stella3838
    Stella3838 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    dHwFiKufaem3u.gif

I drink all the water!!!!
  • dremond82
    dremond82 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I thought I had IBS for about ten years. It got worse when I started drinking a gallon of water a day. My coworker, who has been my coach during my recent fitness endeavor, suggested that my bowel issues may be related to the fact that I would guzzle a couple of glasses of water during my meals. I now only take a couple of sips while I eat, and wait for about 30 mins after eating before starting to gulp water down. The only times I had bowel problems came afterwards when I tested it by drinking water during a meal. Sure enough, water+food for me equals lots of diarrhea.
  • jennybearlv
    jennybearlv Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    When my cats eat dry food then gulp down a bunch of water they puke. I think that's a relevant addition to a two year old thread. Would anyone like photos? Tommy Cat is chowing down right now. Won't be more than five minutes.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    Options
    When my cats eat dry food then gulp down a bunch of water they puke. I think that's a relevant addition to a two year old thread. Would anyone like photos? Tommy Cat is chowing down right now. Won't be more than five minutes.

This one newscast-whatever-you-call-em-guy thought he spilled his grapenuts at the desk and was being silly by eating cereal off the floor on the air. It turned out it was crumbles of cat puke that were coming off of his shoe. Keep it classy, WFSB.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options

This one newscast-whatever-you-call-em-guy thought he spilled his grapenuts at the desk and was being silly by eating cereal off the floor on the air. It turned out it was crumbles of cat puke that were coming off of his shoe. Keep it classy, WFSB.

I'm sure that would have prompted him to repuke the cat puke :sick:
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    edited February 2017
    Options

I'm sure that would have prompted him to repuke the cat puke :sick:

He might have.

https://youtu.be/H4O3npHSAXk
    My hometown station, ladies and gentlemen!
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options
    Uncalled for. I'm all for calling out derp theories and woo (I do it frequently and vehemently) but there's no need to insult OP's questioning of this one. She's not on here defending the theory. She's asking whether what she was told is true (clearly because she had doubts of her own).
    Calling the theory stupid is fine. Calling her question stupid when all she's doing is checking with the community to see if there's truth to it is not.
    zyxst wrote: »
    also would be nice of people to not ridicule who put up questions to clear their doubt, no no it doesnt affect me much..just for other people who are not very comfortable to take the ridicule ...and come out to clear their doubts or food n health myths. We are here for each other to boost each other..clear our doubts..and have fun too in the process.. thats why the forums :)
    What ridicule? I see people talking down about your friends, but not about you.

I would stop listening to your friends about fitness and nutrition.

See above.
  • Tacklewasher
    Options
    Carlos_421 wrote: »
    Uncalled for. I'm all for calling out derp theories and woo (I do it frequently and vehemently) but there's no need to insult OP's questioning of this one. She's not on here defending the theory. She's asking whether what she was told is true (clearly because she had doubts of her own).
    Calling the theory stupid is fine. Calling her question stupid when all she's doing is checking with the community to see if there's truth to it is not.
    zyxst wrote: »
    also would be nice of people to not ridicule who put up questions to clear their doubt, no no it doesnt affect me much..just for other people who are not very comfortable to take the ridicule ...and come out to clear their doubts or food n health myths. We are here for each other to boost each other..clear our doubts..and have fun too in the process.. thats why the forums :)
    What ridicule? I see people talking down about your friends, but not about you.

I would stop listening to your friends about fitness and nutrition.

See above.

Nice indignation 2 years after the fact.