is drinking water immediately after food really bad

Options
12346»

Replies

• Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options
    This is hands down the dumbest question I have ever seen on MFP.

:huh:

There is no such thing as a dumb question. If you never ever ask, you'll never, ever know!!
    i am with you on that.. Thanks..plus i still agree with many cause there are MORE people saying "drinking anytime doesnt matter. "

More than the question...i think Thats a dumb reply that just says "whattt" then giving a scientific or simpler reply "how it works." And how "water wouldnt effect the stomach acid" or "why not effect the pH level"

None gave a scientific reply.. our stomach does release acids to burn our food right.. so there are chances that water dilutes the acid released to burn food.

there have been discussions about it around for eg : http://www.paleohacks.com/digestion/does-drinking-water-right-after-a-meal-cause-dilution-of-stomach-acid-13277

Am sure we have smarter people here...than people saying "whattt"

Never mind. I retract my prior response.

Also, I now realize this is a necro thread.
    Poo.
  • Carlos_421
    Options
    Carlos_421 wrote: »
    This is hands down the dumbest question I have ever seen on MFP.
    Uncalled for. I'm all for calling out derp theories and woo (I do it frequently and vehemently) but there's no need to insult OP's questioning of this one. She's not on here defending the theory. She's asking whether what she was told is true (clearly because she had doubts of her own).
    Calling the theory stupid is fine. Calling her question stupid when all she's doing is checking with the community to see if there's truth to it is not.
    zyxst wrote: »
    also would be nice of people to not ridicule who put up questions to clear their doubt, no no it doesnt affect me much..just for other people who are not very comfortable to take the ridicule ...and come out to clear their doubts or food n health myths. We are here for each other to boost each other..clear our doubts..and have fun too in the process.. thats why the forums :)
    What ridicule? I see people talking down about your friends, but not about you.

I would stop listening to your friends about fitness and nutrition.

See above.

Nice indignation 2 years after the fact.

Lol yeah, I caught that a little late.
  • Carlos_421
    Options
    In all fairness it was the OP themselves that bumped it

True
  • praksindiafit
    praksindiafit Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    Are people still debating. Or did we get the answer.
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Carlos_421 wrote: »
    In all fairness it was the OP themselves that bumped it

True

OP's bumping again--this is an old thread.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options

Yet another bump? An additional 3 years later? What kind of answer are you looking for?
  • ellenshere
    ellenshere Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I watched a video on YouTube that said it was the worst thing you could possibly do to drink water before or after you eat. But I don't trust just a YouTube video. If there was actually something wrong with it I feel like there would be government recommendations about it
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,992 Member
    Options
    If you don't drink water before or after you eat when do you drink it??

It's got to be either before ( minutes or hours before) or after ( minutes or hours)

Also this thread is 5 years old - does it really need re visiting?????
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,992 Member
    Options
    OP why are you bumping this thread from 5 years ago????

I sort of understand people accidentally doing that, searching for a topic then posting in it not realising how old the thread is - but deliberately doing it to your own 5 year old thread - why????
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »

I read through the whole thread, and felt a bit saddened by some of the people no longer here with us.

As for answering your question on whether or not this is still being debated, to be frank, it doesn't look like it ever was debated from the very start. Evidence was provided to you, you refused to accept it because "some random internet dude plus my friends say..." I'm not too sure what else you want from the community here.

Yes the responses were a walk through memory lane. So many good ones gone.....