Documentary Fed up

Options

Replies

• geotrice
    geotrice Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Thought it was interesting and at times laughable. I'm all for more discussion of the American diet even when the premise isn't 100% accurate. There's good parts, and bad parts. Yes, calories are what determine weight gain, not sugar. But you have to look at the macros in a healthy diet and what an over saturation of any one macro can do in the body. I'll still eat sugar, but I will watch out for it in the foods that I consume and try to eat less of it when possible.

The other thread on this movie is here: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10142098/katie-courics-fed-up
  • Whittedo
    Whittedo Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Whittedo wrote: »
    adamitri wrote: »
    lynndot1 wrote: »

OMG, I want to make this! I don't want to eat it I just want to make it!

Okay so you make it and I'll eat it. It looks amazing!!! Does anyone know the recipe?

Just watch the video.

I was so busy drooling at the picture that I totally missed the little arrow thingy. Thanks everyone. This looks super easy but I think that I will use more strawberries and of course I will have to use gluten-free cookies.

• Laurend224
    Laurend224 Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure there was sugar in the peach cobbler and homemade vanilla ice cream I just had. And in plenty of stuff I've eaten for the last year. Yet, I'm down about 105 pounds.

Did I hear peach cobbler??
    Imagine the best crust you've ever had. Double that. Add some cinnamon sugar. Then add in some homegrown tree-ripened peaches preserved from last summer. Not as epic as fresh, maybe, but good enough to make anything on the shelves of a grocery store weep in shame.

Plus homemade ice cream with some Madagascar and some Mexican vanilla.

And it's not even summer yet.

Yum! Peach cobbler is my all time favorite.
  • kyleh206
    kyleh206 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Yeah people need to cut down on their sugar. I liked the show.

Eating crap like a processed to heck Snickers bar and 3oz Coke will destroy your efforts. That's like 600 calories added with a bunch of sugar.

I've cut WAAAYY down on sugar (in turn calories in general) and have lost almost 40 lbs.
  • rjmudlax13
    rjmudlax13 Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    kyleh206 wrote: »

Eating crap like a processed to heck Snickers bar and 3oz Coke will destroy your efforts. That's like 600 calories added with a bunch of sugar.

I've cut WAAAYY down on sugar (in turn calories in general) and have lost almost 40 lbs.

3oz Coke???
  • Emilia777
    Emilia777 Posts: 978 Member
    Options

It will only destroy your efforts if you don’t fit those calories into your macros. It’s not guaranteed to prevent weight loss. For the record, I love Snickers bars.
  • adamitri
    adamitri Posts: 614 Member
    Options

Any effort is destroyed when you go over your calories but I enjoy a snickers bar here and there and I've just discovered Karamel Sutra ice cream.
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    rjmudlax13 wrote: »

3oz Coke???

It's best consumed with shot glasses. (2) 1 1/2 ounce shots will get your blood screamin'. And a lemon afterwards.

Replace the coke with tequila and I think you're on to something.
  • Emilia777
    Emilia777 Posts: 978 Member
    Options

Any effort is destroyed when you go over your calories but I enjoy a snickers bar here and there and I've just discovered Karamel Sutra ice cream.

Ooooh :open_mouth: I like the sound of that!
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options

No kidding a Snickers and a coke would carry calories. It's about knowing how to fit them into your day, week, or month.

600 calories?

A full snickers and a whole 3oz of coke would be about 300 calories. If you decided to drink the whole can...than ya it's about 400.
  • dpwellman
    dpwellman Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    Bananas, blackberries, apples, and honey are slowly becoming dietary staples. . . The anti-sugar gestapo can shove it.
  • spiralated
    spiralated Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    dawnna76 wrote: »
    lynndot1 wrote: »

just found what im making myself for mothers day

you could totally do the same thing with some many tasty variations
    canolli cream, add in some cream cheese and heavy cream too. omg.
  • adamitri
    Options
    Emilia777 wrote: »

Ooooh :open_mouth: I like the sound of that!

It's the best thing I've tasted in a long time.

karamel-sutra-detail.png

• kramrn77
    kramrn77 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure there was sugar in the peach cobbler and homemade vanilla ice cream I just had. And in plenty of stuff I've eaten for the last year. Yet, I'm down about 105 pounds.

Did I hear peach cobbler??
    Imagine the best crust you've ever had. Double that. Add some cinnamon sugar. Then add in some homegrown tree-ripened peaches preserved from last summer. Not as epic as fresh, maybe, but good enough to make anything on the shelves of a grocery store weep in shame.

Plus homemade ice cream with some Madagascar and some Mexican vanilla.

And it's not even summer yet.

Mmmmmm.... Texas peach cobbler. If I weren't going to Lubbock this weekend I would totally be breaking this out of the baking recipe vault. I prefer wild blackberries though.
  • BABetter1
    BABetter1 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    I know the CICO and EIM nazis are out and I'm 'bout to get hammered for this. But, I personally feel like I lose all control if I eat certain high fat/high sugar foods. Then all my efforts at moderation and/or healthy eating are completely derailed. For that reason, this documentary/mockumentary (whatever you prefer to call it) made total sense to me. What do I mean by lose all control? I mean, if there is more ice cream available or more cookies or more candy after I've had my pre-planned portion, I will not stop there. I'm going to end up eating waaaaayyyy more than that original portion. So for me, it is better to avoid those foods altogether.
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    bgorum wrote: »
    I know the CICO and EIM nazis are out and I'm 'bout to get hammered for this. But, I personally feel like I lose all control if I eat certain high fat/high sugar foods. Then all my efforts at moderation and/or healthy eating are completely derailed. For that reason, this documentary/mockumentary (whatever you prefer to call it) made total sense to me. What do I mean by lose all control? I mean, if there is more ice cream available or more cookies or more candy after I've had my pre-planned portion, I will not stop there. I'm going to end up eating waaaaayyyy more than that original portion. So for me, it is better to avoid those foods altogether.

Not going to hammer you.

But only point out that you found that YOU need to eliminate them as YOU don't have the willpower (not a judgment, just going off your own comments) to stop.

That doesn't mean it's necessary that EVERYONE do so, nor does it mean that the ice cream et al is at fault.
  • adamitri
    Options
    ceoverturf wrote: »
    bgorum wrote: »

Not going to hammer you.

But only point out that you found that YOU need to eliminate them as YOU don't have the willpower (not a judgment, just going off your own comments) to stop.

That doesn't mean it's necessary that EVERYONE do so, nor does it mean that the ice cream et al is at fault.

This is what it comes down to. I have a lot more control now than I did before and I can have treats now. I don't lose control and devour whole things though I do have an out of schedule snack now and then.
  • kyleh206
    Options
    RGv2 wrote: »

No kidding a Snickers and a coke would carry calories. It's about knowing how to fit them into your day, week, or month.

600 calories?

A full snickers and a whole 3oz of coke would be about 300 calories. If you decided to drink the whole can...than ya it's about 400.

I'm not sure why you quoted or replied to my post. Do you even realize what I was getting at?
  • kyleh206
    Options
    dpwellman wrote: »
    Bananas, blackberries, apples, and honey are slowly becoming dietary staples. . . The anti-sugar gestapo can shove it.

It's more anti processed foods.
This discussion has been closed.