Drop calories or do cardio? Which would you prefer?

Options
1234568»

Replies

• mtvstaff
    mtvstaff Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Yeah I've done IF before to drop from 192lbs to 175lbs. That was without cardio. I started IF again, with cardio this time, to see if I can go from my current weight (180lbs) down to 165lbs. Trying to get to 10% bf as well

Good luck bro you'll get there! :)
    heybales wrote: »
    mtvstaff wrote: »
    Who thinks that if you eat your calories in a smaller window vs eating them evenly spread out the whole day makes a difference or not? For example go to bed at 10 pm and don't eat from 10pm that night till say 16 - 20 hours after. Or wake up at 7 am the next day and eat your calories evenly spread. WHO THINKS THE RESULT WILL BE SAME SAME IN TERMS OF HOW YOU WILL LOOK OVER SAY A 2 MONTHS? :) maths says calories in vs calories out. What do hormones say and results say?

Could very well make a difference.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10146486/can-meal-frequency-make-a-difference-appears-if-protein-is-high-enough-it-can#latest

Thanks ! :)

• SophiaSerrao
    SophiaSerrao Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Mezzie1024 wrote: »
    Cardio makes me happy, as does eating, so I'd opt for exercise + more food most days. That said, some days are crazy and others are lazy (especially when I've got a good book to read), so focusing entirely on calories has its place as well.

Thank goodness I don't have to choose one or the other forever.

This. Amen. All of it... including lazy book days :mrgreen: .

I have an intense love/hate relationship with cardio, but I've found that Shaun T's workouts really make me happy (/miserable, lol) and with them if I wanna eat more, I can eeeeasily do so. Which is something beautiful. And when I stumble upon lazier/tighter schedule days, I just really track dat deficit. Two available ways to choose from = )
  • mwyvr
    mwyvr Posts: 1,883 Member
    Options
    Intermittent fasting. There are different timings, but a common one is 16:8. 16 hours fasting, 8 hour eating "window".

Thanks so much.