CynthiaT60 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    :::lifting up my leg and marking my spot::::
    LOL

• fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,133 Member
    Options
    Janet - you are a very lucky woman! You have a great husband!

Katla - My brother went over there when he was gone told her that she was coming with him, threw her clothes in a bag and took her to her friends house then she lived with my sister for 3 years and then has been in her own apartment for 20+ . She is now 86.

Carey -you can start at any weight. You can use the soup cans to do those 5 exercises and slowly increase the weight each time if you can do 5 reps and 5 sets of each. you don't have to use a barbell and heavy weights. You can use the philosophy and start out really light and add light weight to that and eventually you would be surprised what you will be able to do. Watch the videos of the exercises that he does and just do them with your soup cans. Then you can use water bottle and add sand to increase weight. the idea is to slowly increase weight each time. if you get to a point where you can't then you do what is called a deload an take some weight off and start to build back up again hoping to get past your highest weight amount.

Mary from Minnesota

• CynthiaT60
    Options
    Yep...Mom is in the hospital with dehydration. Good thing she can't hear me muttering "I told you so!". :|
  • naiomi2015
    naiomi2015 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,
    Today is suppose to get to 80F :smiley:

I have a lunch meeting and then interviewing 2 people for an administrative assistant's position. Finishing the day w/ a steering committee meeting. The evening meting is in one of our coastal towns. I am seriously considering packing a sandwich and eating dinner at the lighthouse. We'll see.

Today's goals will be to get back on track an be under my calorie goal for the day. Clean the house before folks get here and if the weather(Perhaps we will conduct the interviews there.) projection is correct open the screen house.

Kala49 Perhaps he will file this one under lessons learned. My husband talks about getting a bigger boat. (We have two now - a 14ft. canoe and a 9ft. rowboat.) I respond that I am fine as long as it has a potty! We are thinking of getting a composting toilet for our cottage. What makes the ones you were hoping to avoid unsuitable?

DamitJanitYour husband sounds like a fun guy. Mine has a silly streak too and I love it.

KimI used airbnb when I went to Oakland. It was a very good experience. It was also nice to have use of a kitchen and great prices.

Naiomi2015 from 69F and sunny Massachusetts
  • mollywhippet
    mollywhippet Posts: 1,890 Member
    Options
    Michele, I'm having serious doubts about the compentency of those running that ceramics place. If you don't put a glaze on it, it will get grubby, especially outside. Sort of like flat paint next to a light switch. You just can't clean it. And it will continue to chip off. Plus, it sounds like they are using underglazes on bisqueware. That can be fine in small amounts, but not for big overall coverage. Underglazes are sort of like a liquid clay mixed with colorants. That stuff is made to shrink along with the clay that it's applied to. Most clay shrinks about 12-14%, and only part of that is done at the bisque stage. So if you apply the underglaze to bisque and then fire it to it's final temperature, the clay will shrink maybe 6% and the underglaze will shrink the full 12-14%, so it will crack off because it's suddenly smaller than the thing it's applied to. Especially without any top glaze to hold it in place. No wonder it shivers. That is a flaw in the process. It is not the fault of the customer. They should refund your money, in my opinion, and change their process. I'm going to have to visit one of those places and see what's going on. Now I'm really curious.

Our last day of the pottery show was just as bad as the rest. I sold a total of THREE pieces, and one of those was to one of my friends. I bought one piece from another potter, so my profit is in negative numbers, after the gas to get there and the goodies for the refreshment table.

Speaking of the refreshment table, I was a very bad girl over the weekend. I thought I would take cookies because it was something I would not be tempted to eat. I was wrong. I decided to have just one cookie, and it was like the floodgates opened! Cookies were streaming into my mouth all weekend. Well, not quite that bad, but I did have four over the three days. I had forgotten how much I loved cookies.

But it was fun hanging out with my clay friends, so it was worthwhile. Now to focus on getting ready for the trip to Spain.

One of hubby's co-workers died yesterday though, so that was sad. He was out riding his bicycle and had a heart attack or something. He was 70 and their daughter just had their first grandchild the week before. He only got to hold the baby once. The funeral is going to be Thursday, I think, so we will go to that.

The kids and I walked to school this morning. It was 62 degrees and PERFECT. When we got there we found trash all over the grassy area in front of the school, so I had the kids help me pick it up. Then, when we put it in the trash can in front of the doors I told them to go wash their hands. The 8 year old cried because I told her to wash her hands! She said it was my fault, because her hands were clean and I made her pick up trash and now she has to wash her hands! Poor baby. What that taught me was that tomorrow, Jillian has to pick up ALL the trash. >:)

Well, I wasted three hours looking for a laptop case for hubby's new laptop. Nothing at WalMart or the local computer store, so I looked at Amazon. We signed up for the Amazon Prime 30 day free trial, so I'm making good use of it. I ordered a laptop case and an anti-theft cross-body purse for me to carry on the trip. It has steel in the strap and anti-slash fabric for the body of the purse. Heck, if they are getting that close and slashing things, what keeps them from slashing ME?! Anyway, it's purple. It's supposed to be here on Wednesday.

Did you check into the MFP Premium thing? I thought well, I might go for it if it was $10, but it's $49.95 for a year!!!! I can ignore a lot of ads for that price. Not gonna do it!

I'd better get busy. Lots to do today. Take care and have a great day!

Sylvia
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the welcome ladies! I am in the Northern tip of the Oregon coast in Hammond. I can walk 5 minutes and see Youngs Bay with Astoria in the distance... Moved here with husband and son on 12-12-12 :smile: from Northern California.... I am an Oregonian by birth though, growing up near Boring (yep Boring) Oregon! I just married a sailor and he took me all hell and gone...well 30 yrs ago... eons really....lol
    So returning to the fold so to speak, plus my husband rec'd a new liver at OHSU in Portland (that was last May woot!) I mentally pile up lots of stuff here and there. Presently I have a journal and unload in there. It was a big transition to go from caregiver back to wife again. I am proud of my husband for enduring it all, and have realized that I am a survivor as well.
    Always nice to have friends (like you all) that can relate to the struggles of a weight loss journey. In a nutshell I used to be 265 back in 2007. Then Jenny Craig'ed it down to 179 during 2010..... BUT then didn't lose it in my brain. The stress of spending 400 bucks a month not losing isn't fun either! By 2012 I was back up to 250 and that is where I have stayed during the pre-transplant years....BUT at least I am still sane, drug and alcohol free...(there is two bars down the street for the local fishermen) so I am proud of myself in that regard!

favorite phrase..... Losing weight is not the key to happiness.....Happiness is the key to losing weight :smile:

Today is a swim date at the local community aquatic center so its 20 minutes of lap swimming. My after treat is a dip in the hot tub! Seize the day people!
    Becca
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    oops I almost forgot...my nerdy Navy son reminded me.....May the Fourth Be With You.....Star Wars rules.... :-)
  • cory17
    cory17 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    Hello all ladies:
    Kim - I have tried airbnb x1 and it worked great and my son rents out his flat in Chicago too and swears by it.
    Gin - What an incredible difference in your face! You look great!

Wrapping up to join my daughter and maybe a son for a birthday luncheon, hopefully thai, yum. Did a 10K trail event yesterday and found my blood glucose stayed LOW for the rest of the day, so need to punch up the activity. Have been getting used to green drinks w/protein powder and it is helping yah yah.
    linda in calif
  • oceanmelody
    oceanmelody Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Thought I was holding my place, but those darn quotes were still there! Anyway, finally had a beautiful weekend weather-wise. Going to set another mini-goal and try to get back in the saddle on exercise -- have missed 3 days and it feels like 2 weeks. Have a great day!
  • mollywhippet
    mollywhippet Posts: 1,890 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I just refreshed my page and everything looks different! I'm typing in a courier type face all of a sudden! There are boxes and smilies where there were not any before! Where did the star go at the top of the screen?! EEK!

I hate change.
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    Waiting got hear what they are going to do with DIL wrist.Praying for no surgery.
    Trying to clean up a little for them.
    have a great day!!
    hugs
  • fanncy0626
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Jane - sorry to hear about your dil wrist. hope everything goes well.

Sylvia - I cracked up when I read what you said about the cookies! You are such a good grandma. I didn't know that there was in MFP Premium. does that show up on the site? with my site I do not get the ticker like you do and others do at the bottom. Maybe if I got the premium I would be able to get a ticker! not sure if it would be worth it though.

Becca - nice to have you aboard! My husband donated one of his kidneys to a lady at his work. it's changed her life dramatically. I'm glad you are here with us. there are a lot of ladies that will be able to give you help and support. I go swimming and hot tubbing tomorrow with my sister in law and a friend. fun and exercise yay!

Have a great day everyone!

Mary from Minnesota
  • CynthiaT60
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Sylvia: sorry about the pottery show. Hope you enjoyed it anyway.

For the "horsey" people: I'd promised some new photos of the colt, now 6 weeks old. (No, it's not my colt.) They're both looking at my dog in the first picture.

Aaaaand...Mom's in the hospital with (seems like) gallbladder disease.

Cynthia

mkemgkddjw6p.jpg
    02pe3ha87yh3.jpg
  • kayak_kutie
    kayak_kutie Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies,

Welcome to the new ladies that have joined since I've last posted. I do read everyday but try to sneak it in at work so can't spend a block of time on the site. Thanks for all of the good wishes to get over the cold and the virtual chicken soup!

Janet - love Myrtle Beach. I have a girlfriend that has a condo on the beach that they rent out to family and close friends. We've stayed there once and it was lovely. October would be a beautiful time there as the crowds have gone but usually still warm. I have two friends that have move there since they have retired. My DH and I try to take a trip each fall and spent last October at Hilton Head, SC. It is beautiful and we talk about if we have to move after I retire, SC is at the top of the list.

Cynthia - sorry to hear your mom is in the hospital. Hopefully they will get her hydrated again quickly.

Mary from MN - your success from lifting weights is so inspiring. I've been thinking I would like to get a trainer for a month or so to learn the proper form and start lifting. I have to be careful of my back and left shoulder so will have to do it slow and steady.

Getting things in place for my retirement! Paperwork all turned in so just winding things down, discarding lots of papers and books, and clearing out my desk. My boss is retiring on May 29 and my date is June 3 so we both have what they call "short-timers syndrome". People are still trying to schedule meetings with us and setting up medium and long range schedules. I just listen and agree to the meeting time knowing full well I will not be around to attend. The main boss is acting like neither of us is leaving so no replacements for us to transfer our knowledge. Oh well. Not my monkey, not my circus!! :smile:

My DH's youngest daughter and family will be coming from Kansas to visit on June 13 for a week. They have 4 young girls so that will keep us busy. We have vacation plans to go to Canada on June 20. Going to be a busy month.

Tina in MD

• mikesmom1983
    mikesmom1983 Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies!
    I was all caught up Thursday while my cheesecakes were baking and even took copious notes so I could respond. The timer on the oven rang and that all she wrote, I've been too busy to post until now. It took me all morning to catch up!! This group is growing (but not in the waist) by leaps and bounds!!

I love "No Small Victory" for NSV...I think it applies because there are no small victories on this trip.

Lisa in TX...thank you so much for the insight on those who have gone through weight loss surgery. I had never considered the emotional and psychological impact the surgery probably had on my friend. It makes perfect sense to me and I am better equipped to try to help her.

Gin..you look at least 10 years younger and very happy. You are rocking the glasses and hair!

Sylvia...I was getting this mental picture of all those learned PHD's trying to figure out how to put on their gowns for graduation and helping each other. I had a hearty laugh. So sorry to hear about your husbands' loss of his colleague. It's always so heartbreaking when it's so sudden like that.

Hosted the book club Friday evening and my son & daughter in law took the leftover cheesecakes to a friends' house where they watched the fight. I was grateful that they are out of the house and couldn't tempt me.
    On Saturday evening I went out to dinner with 9 friends and had a blast. I did go over on my calories which was unavoidable because I CAN ONLY HAVE 1200/DAY!! but I've been increasing my exercise the past couple of weeks. I have many social engagements this month and it will be unavoidable for me to remain within 1200 unless I wire my mouth shut. I am not inhaling food as I have done in the past but I will not deny myself something special in moderation. Many of the friends I saw this weekend have not seen me in a couple of months and it was gratifying to hear them tell me how good I looked. I was very proud of myself and had more self confidence than I've had in years.
    My town has begun offering free fitness classes on the town common on Saturdays and Sundays this month. My yoga teacher taught a class yesterday morning and it was glorious. It was the first nice day of the year and I very much enjoyed practicing yoga on the green grass under the flowering trees. The rest of the day was spent working in the yard and getting the patio furniture out of the basement and onto the deck. I think winter is finally over her in Massachusetts!!!
    Getting my first pedicure of the season this evening and so looking foward to it.
    My goal for May is to not gain any weight. As I said earlier, this month is full of social events and I will have to exercise every spare minute in order to not gain. The big event for the month is a wedding Memorial Day Weekend and if I don't lose any weight by then it's OK because I am so happy with what I have accomplished so far which has exceeded my expectations when I began.

Gotta run...
    Chris in MA

• peachstategal
    peachstategal Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday!

Went shopping with DH to buy a suit. Since he has gained so much weight after quitting smoking, we had no idea what size. Luckily found a helpful clerk at K&G Clothing who found him one that fits except for needing the trousers to be sized. I got a dress and blouse to try on and will take both back. I really hate the way I look in any clothes lately. Feeling like the Pillsbury dough boy. I wish I could just accept my body shape for what it is...inherited I think from my grandmother. But, when I know how thin I was until I hit my 40's it is very difficult. I am not feeling sorry for myself. Just disgusted.

Carol ~ GA
  • fanncy0626
    Options
    Tina -I also have a bad back and neck and it is very important to take it easy and slow when you start any new routine. a personal trainer is a good idea to help with correct form. we don't have any of where I live. I watch the videos on stronglift 5x5 and started really slow.1 month to go before you retire is very exciting. The time will go by really fast.

Chris in MA - it sounds like you have planned out this month very carefully. Good luck to you.

Carol in GA - you are going to be very successful that is why you are here. We are here for you!

Mary from Minnesota
  • nccarolb
    nccarolb Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon!

Mary - I have to admit I am very envious of your weight lifting success. That is something I want to do and had things all lined up to begin "serious" weight lifting when my shoulder conked out. Congratulations!

Speaking of shoulder...I had three PT appointments lined up beginning next week. I got a call today that they were scheduled at the wrong location (their fault, not mine) and I have to have them at the hospital or my "free" care won't work. I would have to pay $35 per visit instead of no more than $20 per month. I can't afford the higher fee so now my first appointment is scheduled for June 19. :angry: :cry: By then, I will have had the follow up appointment with the NP and he is not going to be happy. Oh well! It is what it is.

Sylvia - I'm afraid many more than four cookies would have made their way into my mouth if they were sitting there taunting me for three days. I'm sorry you didn't have more traffic, but I'm glad you had fun with your friends.

My daughter has an interview appointment for the library position on Thursday!!!! Woohoo!!! All fingers and toes crossed that she gets it. I think I mentioned that she is volunteering at the Red Cross while she is unemployed. She got her first disaster call around 1:30 a.m. on Sunday. When I asked how it went, she said it went really well--until the gunfire started! An idiot leading a sheriff's deputy on a high speed chase through town began firing a gun at the pursuing car then proceeded to crash into a K-9 unit that just happened to be on patrol. The guy was driving a flatbed ton truck!! The deputy was treated and released with minor injuries, but the poor canine deputy is still in undetermined condition. This all occurred about 1/2 block from where my daughter was standing doing her work with the victims of the house fire. Yikes!!!

I guess because I exercised harder than usual yesterday, I am extra hungry today. I need to figure out what low calorie item I have with me to snack on so that I can make it through my walk after work.

Cynthia - The colt is adorable! The last four-legged baby I saw was a baby mule/jack at my parents' back at Christmas.

Oh my! I had so much more in my head that I wanted to say to folks, but it's all gone the way of the Dodo bird. *sigh* I hope everyone has a wonderful evening!

Carol in NC
  • DamitJanit
    DamitJanit Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    Call me crazy but I love to see other people happy and succeeding .

Good Evening Ladies,

Sylvia, I did the same thing looking for a laptop case. I was surprised that no store in town had a decent selection. Love the one I got from Amazon and the price was great.

Becca, how wonderful that your hubby was able to get a new liver. I hope all is going well with that. You are so right that you can’t lose weight and keep it off if you have a lot of negativity in your life. We wish you well with this journey. LOL I heard “May the Forth be with you” so many times this am on Good Morning America.

Sylvia, are you on the new laptop??? I don’t see anything different. And my star is still here.

Jane, thought and prayers with you both. Hang in there.

Cynthia, the horses are beautiful. I can’t believe how big the little guy has gotten.

Tina, how exciting! I hope you are looking forward to June 3rd and every day thereafter. Congrats!!!

Chris, you have done great so I think you should be able to enjoy the wedding. Sometimes those social events get to be our nemesis no matter how much we enjoy them.

Carol, don’t get mad, get even. You know you can do this and then you may enjoy shopping more. We are with you so don’t give up.

Welcome to any Newbies that I missed. Come often and join in the chat. This thing works!! Please sign your post with what you want to be called. It makes it easier for us to respond to you. Also a location is great, be it specific or general. We are happy to have you join us.

I have a Moose meeting tonight and might just stay away from the food table. That seems to work best for me as my willpower weakens once I even think about eating “a little”. I’m supposed to take something and totally forgot about it, so I may stop at Subway and get a couple of sandwiches to cut up.

I wish you all a happy and healthy day. <3

Words I remember:
    Savor. I have to slow down and savor every bite.
    and
    Opportunity. Each day offers new opportunities for good health and happiness if we just look for them and choose them.

Janet
    Myrtle Beach, SC
  • terri_mom
    terri_mom Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday ! ! !

It is almost the end of my day, and time to head back to the baseball field, and I'm still not caught-up on reading, so I apologize to anyone I forget or didn't get to yet.

Kim N. Cali – It is rare that we find Hotel deals cheaper than on Hotwire. Although they won’t tell you the name of the Hotel, you tell them the date, location, and how many guests, and they give you options. Enjoy the Vacation!

Pip – nice job on the fundraiser. It feels nice to be blessed and able to give. o:)

Sylvia – You are SO-O-O funny about your DH and his graduation costume. Please post a picture.

Jane – Hugs for DIL with broken wrist. I had to re-learn how to dress myself when I broke mine last year, and DH had to dry me and apply deodorant after shower. Glad you enjoyed all the Grandkids !

Roberta – Congrats on the strength. It is always nice to show the teens something outside of videogames.

Sheila In Chicago – Welcome. I keep my exercise goals to short bursts also. If I can walk, ride bike, or use hand bike for 10 minutes I feel like it is a win. I have been doing it that way for awhile, so I now aim for 3 times per day. Take baby steps, and keep trying to move upward and onward. I’m proud of you (as I’m sure we all are) !!! B)

Mary – Hugs and thanks for the Scam Warning! I’m glad you know someone who could help, so you didn’t fall victim to losing hundreds or thousands of dollars, as I’ve heard happened to some people.

Naiomi – My son is a Freshman in High School. These pictures are from the Junior level of Little League, so the kids are 13 – 15 y.o., which is a huge age range when it comes to boys and their growth spurts.

Mary K from Texas – I also wish Dairy Queen was my friend. However, I do find joy in ordering a small light Julius Smoothy while DS has his blizzard. I do deserve that treat when I log my food, exercise, and make room for it in my day. Then I don’t feel denied of anything, and I’m less likely to binge on even worse food later. There are others here that follow “never” foods, but I’m not there yet. I hope to be soon. I hope you can find what works for you.

Selena & Janet – lol about the sagging skin. My worst is my lower abdomen. I keep rubbing firming cream on it, hoping it will be less obvious, but I don’t like this waiting, and I still have about 50 pounds left to lose. I want perfection and I want it now. :D

Lisa from West Texas – Congrats on the NSV ! ! ! What a nice hubby.

Nc Carol – Congrats on the work-out.

Toni – congrats on your loss.

Joyce – OMG the rolls at Texas Roadhouse. :p And that cinnamon butter? The absolute hardest things to NOT eat when we go there. I try to eat 1 handful of the peanuts in the shell, and remove them as slowly as possible, so I don’t keep going back for more of those, too. My DH doesn’t purposely sabotage, but it is in his nature to over-eat, and not care about quality. I see it every Holiday with his entire family, so I know it’s not his fault. Some men are just so set in their ways, that they can’t see any other way to do things, like food. The only fruits I have ever seen my DH eat are melons and oranges. I hope you find the strength where I still struggle. I understand ! ! !

Allison – I offer you kudos and support for your home-life challenges. If you feel your hubby is worth-while, and you feel safe, I hope you and he find the peace and happiness you both deserve.

A book that comes to mind, that I have read multiple times in different situations, is “The Dance of Anger”. The theory holds true for many relationships and feelings. Reacting differently in a situation that seems to have a pattern tends to throw the other person off-guard, and can then create a different result.

So far so good on food and exercise, even though I haven't had time to log any of it yet, and probably won't until after baseball (about 8:30pm, then off to bed by 9:00pm).

Hugs for Everyone ! ! !

Terri in Milwaukee