WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MAY 2015

Options

Replies

• DamitJanit
    DamitJanit Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    Call me crazy but I love to see other people happy and succeeding .

Good Morning Ladies,

Heather, your garden party sounds like such fun. I love hats although they aren’t worn much here except at the beach. Glad you came up with a good plan when DH has his surgery.

Vicki, I know what you mean about blaming ourselves for poor eating, but I agree it is not reason to get depressed. We can just start again and do better each day. We can do this.

Sylvia, your bath sounds somewhat funny but at the same time, I empathize with you. I’m not a fan of whirlpool baths.

Katla, I hope you get to go on the sailing adventure but please be safe.

Meg, yes my screen name comes from RHPS and also a joke that it was what my Dad used to call me.

Barbie, glad you had a nice visit with your friend. I hope she has a speedy recovery.

Michele, 83 sounds like the perfect temperature for the pool. Maybe DH is just a bit of a wimp? 

Mary, thanks. I have really missed ya’ll too.

Carol
    , my friend that came on the cruise with me and I were talking about how people used to dress up to go certain places. Even flying on a plane was a dress occasion many years ago. Boy, not any more. It’s strange to even need a dressy outfit for something these days. I miss it somewhat.

Katla
    , good for you in getting estate planning done. I think it’s important to have our leftovers go to our kids and not the government.

Pip and Heather, your situations with your mothers only remind me what a wonderful childhood I had and what wonderful parents. I think sometimes we don’t give it too much thought until reminded by something. We never had much money but never went hungry. We ate meals together every day and always had clean clothes to wear, even those most of mine were homemade until I was in Jr. High School. I never even knew any kids that were mistreated by their parents and guess I grew up in a pretty idealistic time and place. I’m so sorry for what your childhoods were like but thank you for reminding me of how nice mine was.

Vicki, so glad your sores are better. That is such an awful feeling.

Terri,
    when you do need a pity party, you know we will throw it for you. Thanks for the hug and a Big Fat Hug back at ya.

Heather, you know you can vent any time. That would concern any of us. I’m praying that it will work out or maybe the strike will end. Keep the faith. We are all rooting for you. (Hugs)

Toni, glad you are back on track with your eating. I’ve pretty much wasted this month too. Gained 10 pounds on the cruise and have only lost 5 of it so far. Haven’t gotten back on track with exercising either. My friend went home last night so hopefully I’ll get better. It’s been around 90 here the past few days and she was flying back to Milwaukee and expecting temperatures in the 30’s. I told her to just stay here. Lol

Lisa, a big Congrats on our progress. Gosh if I could lose BF and inches, I wouldn’t care at all about the scale. Keep up the great work and you know the scale will follow.

Rori, so glad you had a marvelous vacation. It sounds wonderful and I hope you get to do it again soon. I know what you mean about all the posts while you were gone. I feel like I missed so much while on the cruise, that I may never catch up. Glad you are back.

Mary, so excited for you on the sale of your house. I missed so many posts that I don’t know where you are moving? And how soon is the closing? Best wishes on the whole transaction and move.

Toni, the job at the church sounds perfect. I hope it works out to be something you are interested in. Be sure to let us know.

Joan, I had to laugh that you calculated the cost per pound that your dog caused in home repairs. The things we do for our dogs is sometimes beyond reason, but we can’t help how much we love them.

Joyce, it sounds like the graduation will certainly be something to remember. I can’t believe they had you all sitting out in the rain, but as long as they got their diplomas I guess that’s what counts.

Carol, I think Cold Eeze is the bomb!!! I start using it at the first sign of a cold and I swear by it. It is the best thing I have ever tried for making a cold go as quickly and easily as possible. Glad you are feeling better.

Sylvia, I know you will be glad to get home. Isn’t it terrible what it costs to put our fur babies up at the pet motel? You have to figure that expense into the budget for a vacation. I’m sure you’ll do great on your pottery lessons. It will be interesting to see what she knows about it, if anything.

Joan, congrats on being a looser!!! It does sound like a lot in a week, but I doubt it is the calories as much as water weight. Trust me, it will not keep coming off at that pace.

Pip, I just get tickled every time I see a picture of those shoes/socks? or whatever. I have worn the socks with toes but can’t imagine the shoes with them. Do you wear them on the train?

Welcome to any Newbies that I missed. Come often and join in the chat. This thing works!! Please sign your post with what you want to be called. It makes it easier for us to respond to you. Also a location is great, be it specific or general. We are happy to have you join us.

Wow, this is my first day since May 8th that I am back to my normal schedule, with no company and not on a trip. It has been a wonderful time but I do feel like I need to get back to the real world. I had to laugh, because DH has commented on how much my friend talks. (which she does) And she commented to me about how much DH talks. (which he does) As you can imagine, I did a lot of listening while she was here. It was a fantastic visit and so nice to catch up. She wants me to come to Milwaukee and suggested I make it during Irish Fest, as she is active in it and works there each year. The biggest difference while she was here, was that I didn’t have the time to visit with all of you. I feel like I missed so much and I’m happy to be back.

Hugs to all of you and best wishes for your needs, your victories and your health and happiness. <3

Words I live by:
    Savor. I have to slow down and savor every bite.
    and
    Opportunity. Each day offers new opportunities for good health and happiness if we just look for them and choose them.

Janet
    Myrtle Beach, SC
  • terri_mom
    terri_mom Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    Happy Thursday ! ! !

Lisa – don’t let that scale blow you off your perch. It is the measurements that count. You can do this!

Barbie – Proud of you for taking care of your teeth. I know that single extra pound will be removed soon. You are so active and motivating. Thank You !

Toni – fingers crossed about the job. Hugs and prayers for your sister.

JoanMichelle – Thanks for sharing the story about your daughter. She is so lucky to have you as a Mom, and I thank you for being my friend. You spelled plantar fasciitis very close to correct. Hooray for the wonderful weight loss.

Heather – your spelling made me laugh. I’m guessing you just put your hand in the wrong place, because I sometimes do that, too. Hugs for the water and mold problem. And I hope stuff with the ex gets resolved quickly. Mine is still a pain sometimes, too.

Mary from MN – have fun at the charity event. No one will notice your nails.

Sylvia – welcome home. I hope you all get caught up on your sleep. It is so hard to not overeat when over-tired. (and memer) As soon as I get my extra paycheck from the 5 weeks in July, I am going to do that jar thing, but with dollar bills. I’m so excited. Maybe I will be lucky enough to do it in the next week. I just can’t wait ! ! !

DH is not dear today, it is a bad word instead. In spite of asking me to get a personal loan for all the stuff we need to pay for in the next few months, he already took out one without telling me, so I currently do not have appropriate unsecured income for a loan, even though I have done this numerous times to improve my credit. AND, the loan he took out was from a "lending institution", so 35% interest. My word for him today is actually dumba$$ ! I told him he is walking the line of the "Big D", and I meant it. It is just so not acceptible to take out a loan without first talking to spouse/partner. Some days his brain damage is more stress than I can handle (at least I'm assuming this latest bit of stupidity comes from traumatic brain injury, and I guess I don't want to know if I'm wrong about that). Because of this mental trauma, I struggled deciding on something to eat when we got home from baseball. I walked around the kitchen many times, reading labels, saying "not healthy" out loud, until I finally settled on Frosted Flakes. I know my choice wasn't as good as it could have been, but it also wasn't as bad as it could have been. I think the crunching was cathartic.

I got to work early this morning so I could work-out, but my DS's personal trainer started talking to me about having DS and his friends lifting weights together, and how we should tweek his food intake, etc. I really feel like that was a good trade, because in the long run it will take care of both of us. Plus, I will now stay late at work to workout, and I really just don't want to have to see DH when I get home. If I'm lucky he will already be sleeping. If I also stop at the grocery store, he will definitely be sleeping before I get home. A case of mangos, and a quiet house; that sounds like a win-win to me ! ! !

Alright. Time to stop complaining and put on a happy face for the patients.

Hugs for Everyone ! ! !

Terri in Milwaukee
  • lhannon062709
    lhannon062709 Posts: 1,140 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Hello, all,

Thanks for the good words on the non-scale progress... possibly because I whined enough, I did drop a pound. Of course, if I would stay off the buggerty scale, I wouldn't have known that, now would I? Yah, trying to find my sense of humor, I think I left it in my other pants.

Yet another foggy, rainy, day, looks more like England than West Texas 'round these parts, and I'm taking a day OFF of exercise. My knees are aching like mad due to the damp and the cold, and I haven't given myself a break in a long time.

So, today I'm getting my wedding present for my best friend's daughter well and truly begun. I'm making an attic window quilt. Her heritage is one-quarter Japanese (her dad is half) so I found some beautiful Japanese fabric, of cranes flying against a mountain, and am framing it in a nine-pane "attic window frame," with, one hopes, the correct perspective. The idea is that, as you're looking at the quilt, it appears as though you're looking out an attic window to a scene beyond...

And of course, I could use a little perspective myself. It's what I lose first when I'm trying to lose weight, and what I need most. So, I'm gonna go all Zen on my bad self, and on the quilt, which is always a very contemplative process for me anyway... I'll take photos. I do anyway, and can't post them elsewhere, as she's part of my life in many other ways, and this is to be a surprise.

Hope those who are ill feel better quite soon, and our travelers reach their destinations (or home) all safe and sound.

Lisa H from West Texas
  • nccarolb
    nccarolb Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon! Today has been a better day even though I had a call at 6:55 a.m. from the cable company telling me they would be there in 10 minutes to fix my cable (had no tv, no internet, and no phone since mid day Tuesday). It was lucky for them that I could simply wake up my son and have him talk to the folks when they got there because I'm in the process of getting ready for work at that time of the morning--not sitting around waiting for cable guys!

I was right about the meeting lasting a long time last night. I didn't leave work until 8 p.m. I was so tired that I changed clothes then went outside to sit with Spot and watch the sun set. Too tired to even read! I came inside just before 9 p.m., ate a quick snack, and went to bed. I'm glad I wasn't hungry when I got home.

Vent: We have a guest speaker for one of my work churches on Sunday and she was asked weeks ago. She was reminded by the pastor last week that I needed her information for the bulletin by this morning. I even sent her an email yesterday to check in. Well, it is now 12:25 p.m. and I have not seen any information!! It's getting really tempting to run it with just the outline of the service and let her deal with it! Not meeting deadlines is a pet peeve of mine, especially when someone doesn't have the courtesy to even admit that they're not going to make it. Arrgghh!!!

Well, since I can't do the work that really needs to be done today, I guess I will record a message to go out over our phone messaging system so it will be ready to go out tomorrow. Not my favorite thing...

Hope everyone is having a good day!

Carol in NC
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,729 Member
    Options
    damnit - i'm glad to hear that someone had a great childhood, really, not making fun of it. i don't wear them on the train because i ride my bike remember? i ride my bike to the train station and my bike goes on the train with me so i have my bike shoes on. they are the kind of shoes and pedals that you clip in them.
  • tngram2seven
    tngram2seven Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Just a quick check in with y'all -

Back down to the Y 20 miles away. Awesome yoga stretch class and a so-so water class. Next week I will do deep water instead. The thing that kept me out of that today is the temperature in the pool they use for deep water - just 80 degrees. Br-r-r-r. It is cold outside today and that water temp was not at all appealing.

I go for a mammogram this afternoon after I feed hubby. Getting ready for my itty bitty "girls" to be as sore as my thighs after 500 squats! I have a professional sorority meeting tonight. Going with a friend. It was supposed to be a picnic. I guess they will move it inside. I love busy days like this!

Have a great afternoon. Hopefully I'll come by later to say "Hi".

TNToni

• terri_mom
    Options
    Janet – All those festivals at State Fair Park and SummerFest Grounds are amazing. Food, costumes, entertainment, museum-type displays. You will absolutely love it. And don’t forget to head toward the water to have your picture taken with “The Bronze Fonz”. And if you don’t mind me interfering, maybe we could go on a brewery tour or something. I work at the Miller Brewery Milwaukee Location, and I’ve never been on a tour. There is SO much to do and see in Milwaukee, I hope you do make it (I would definitely suggest summer, because even then you never know about the weather, but winter is bound to be bad), and have a WONDERFUL time !!!

Now, it's finally time for me to go to lunch.

Terri in Milwaukee
  • terri_mom
    Options
    Janet – All those festivals at State Fair Park and SummerFest Grounds are amazing. Food, costumes, entertainment, museum-type displays. You will absolutely love it. And don’t forget to head toward the water to have your picture taken with “The Bronze Fonz”. And if you don’t mind me interfering, maybe we could go on a brewery tour or something. I work at the Miller Brewery Milwaukee Location, and I’ve never been on a tour. There is SO much to do and see in Milwaukee, I hope you do make it (I would definitely suggest summer, because even then you never know about the weather, but winter is bound to be bad), and have a WONDERFUL time !!!

Now, it's finally time for me to go to lunch.

Terri in Milwaukee
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,820 Member
    Options
    afternoon ladies~
    sitting for a few minutes, went to feed my DFIL this morning, and then from there went to Tractor Supply to pick up fencing and posts, for saterday..then from there I came home I had already put one load of laundry in before I left, threw that in the dryer, and put another load in went out and mowed the lawn .riding mower ,push mower and then weed wacked.. making dinner while I am sitting and then will take the boys for a walk.. will definatly hit 10,000 steps today
  • pipcd34
    Options
    xio426kqmgqd.jpg
    uajx803lv3rk.jpg

my bike shoes and the pedals that I clip them into.

that reminds me, I need to make an appointment to have my boobs squished...
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,369 Member
    Options
    Well, the train strike is cancelled - as I thought it might be. DH is still worried that bank holiday engineering works might still mess up the Tuesday morning trains. So he wants to stick with the taxi. :ohwell: My cleaner is on guard to pick us up if a taxi is not avaliable to come home and I will pay her the taxi fare. She is coming for an extra session on Monday to do a quick clear up after the family onslaught over the weekend and preparing for DSIL's stay. We will spend the day preparing the garden and fridge for DH's incapacity. :)

Today I had a mad rush around the kitchen, sprucing up, and then we did a session in the garden. Phew! Burned a few calories! Got the dahlia in the pot. Every year I am convinced it is dead and every year it proves me wrong. Pulled out loads of grasses. Discovered a few forgotten treasures,. More tomorrow. Need geraniums for the patio, but that will have to wait until Monday.

Must plant a few more French beans - slugs love them. :sad: Peas never appeared despite 3 sowings. Bad batch?

My broad (fava) beans are fabulous so I put a bit more string round them to stop them falling over. I love them! I pinched out the tops as you are told to do to stop the ants making an aphid farm (they milk them for sugar) and we had them with salmon for dinner. For anyone who likes spicy food - I squeeze lemon juice and salt over the salmon fillets, put a small blob of chipotle paste on them, spread out, then a few drops of mesquite smoke. It's all wrapped in tin foil and I bake it for 12 mins at (200) (400) Fabulous, for just over 200 cals for a 4oz fillet. We had refried beans, and the broad bean tops. All in 260 ish.

The onslaught begins tomorrow! They arrive at 5 pm. At least the grandchildren will tske DH 's mind off his op.

I have just emailed the solicitor dealing with my DMIL 's estate. 10 b#××@* years. I said I was contemplating taking him to court. :noway:

Love you all. Heather in sunny Hampshire UK with calm industrial relations. :)

• megblair1
    megblair1 Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    Well it’s another fine day in the neighborhood. I’m trying to gear up to go grocery shopping and am procrastinating! It’s cool here still but will be around 70 today so that’s an improvement. We had a young female police officer shot and killed yesterday. She leaves behind 3 kids, one of whom is an infant in the NICU who was supposed to come home today. Yesterday was her last day at work before finishing her maternity leave; she saved her days for when the baby went home. Very sad. One of my assessment lab students is an EMT and gets the police scanner on his phone so we listened for a while then we couldn’t stand it and he shut it off.

Lilian: darling picture and darling DGD!

Margaret: my hibiscus were just coming up; I have three. Two aren’t doing so well because where they are planted used to have sun all day is now mostly shade, but the other one is going gangbusters! I grew up in Hawaii so I just love them.

Barbie your friend shows incredible dedication!

Michelle: you must have quite the collection of workout dvds!

Beth: I think a lot of HS sports are political; I know so many people who either didn’t have the “power” to force the coach to play their kids or who did to the exclusion of everyone else. One of my co-workers actually sued the college her daughter played sports for…she was an award winning athlete yet never got playing time.

Pip: looks like you are having a grand time!!! Yikes on the drinking and driving!!! My parents never thought they had a drinking problem because they each only had one drink a night…mind you it was in a 16 ounce water tumbler and was at least half full of whiskey! And…about your rant….rants are ok here. We are here for you.

Joyce: you have the patience of a saint with hubby! I’d never go through all that trouble for someone who didn’t want to take care of himself. I guess I’m a mean old witch LOL. And you are a saint! Thanks for the explanation of the ms

Mary: now crushed potato chips in ice cream is something I have never done. Hmmmmm should I try it? I think they’d get soggy LOL

Cynthia: hope you feel better soon!

Heather: I will look your book up! Thanks! Around here all the hospitals have valet parking which is nice except when you drive a stick shift like I do. Usually there is no one who can park it for me. I was on crutches once going to PT and they just rolled my car down the hill a little and I had to walk (hobble) down there to get it! I hope
    DH is more comfortable with you there!

Naomi: people watch the time closely in our church. Man you go one minute over an hour and they get all restless! I’d hate to be a preacher and have that much pressure!

Alison: hubby will be amazed at what all is involved in that kitchen!

Tere: when I was a child we lived in South Carolina and occasionally I went to an African American church with people my parents knew. To this day I love that old gospel music and think our music is sorely lacking in the uplifting department!

Terri: hope the sports situation sorts itself out! I’m sorry for the frustration with DH!

Carol: I too have noticed that people tend to be quite slovenly these days. Even in the very nicest restaurants, people wear not only jeans and shorts, but dirty ratty jeans and shorts. And all the bras showing! It’s like no one knows there are strapless bras. All the girls (and some women too) seem to think that is a fashion rage to have all your bra straps out in plain sight.

Katla: that planning is a good idea!

Toni: I hope I can get my a** in gear and start going to the water classes in the morning at the Y. I am SOOOO lazy though I could sleep all day, every day.

Jane: I always take culturelle with any antibiotic to prevent all those nasty infections from the meds!

Rori: I’m glad you enjoyed your vacation and are home safely. I lived in Hawaii for many years and never have missed it other than small items, like the plants…isn’t that odd?

Joanmichelle: your food choices sound great! Thanks for the compliment!

Sylvia: welcome (almost) home!!!

Carey: enjoy the visit!

Lisa: the quilt sounds beautiful. I hope she cherishes it!

Toni: good for you to get that mammogram. Now my very abundant girls have never hurt one bit afterwards, which surprised me but pleases me too.

Well I guess I should get going. I’m in quite the slump lately. I make all these good plans and then don’t follow through. We ate potato chips and dip (still have 8 containers of each from the party) while watching Letterman last night. Usually if I snack like that, I measure out one serving and eat that which usually does the trick. Not last night. Just mindless snacking. And hardly any steps today. Grrrr
    Well take care, Meg from Omaha where spring has returned.

• terri_mom
    Options
    Pip - thanks for sharing the shoe picture. I knew there were special shoes for serious riders (I had a few hair clients back in those days), but I had never seen them. Quite interesting.

Heather - Hooray for no strike ! // Back in my bar ownership days, I heard that slugs and snails and such like the yeast in cheap beer. The gardeners told me that you bury a pie pan so it is flush with the top of the ground, then pour in a can/bottle of the cheapest beer you can find, and all those types of bugs will drown in the beer. Good luck.

At work here, someone emptied their coffee K-cup into my H U G E pointsetia plant, and I didn't notice, so now the top layer is moldy, so I had to scrape it off. I just don't understand why anyone would do that. //I think at home I am just going to harvest my rhubarb, take care of the onions and peppers in the pot that is on my patio, and let my garden rest for a year (just keep pulling the weeds). Hopefully next summer, when I weigh much less, I will be more motivated to care for it.

Well, my current pity-party is doing a number on my hunger. I made a beautiful chicken fajita salad with kale, and just couldn't eat it. I chopped up a kiwi and put it in my yogurt for my afternoon snack, so I hope I can eat that. I hate when my emotions tell my stomach what to think and do. At least I'm not craving all the bad carbohydrates in the chocolate I am trying to sell for baseball.

Hugs for Everyone (again and again) ! ! !

Terri in Milwaukee

p.s. sorry about the double post earlier. Not sure what that was about.
  • peachstategal
    peachstategal Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Terri ~ perhaps y'all could pay the loan back immediately and then get a better one somewhere else.

Pip ~ do the bike shoes that you attach to the pedals come off easily in case of an emergency?

Heather ~ enjoy your company and grand kids. Glad the train strike got called off.

Janet ~ glad you enjoyed your friend's visit and know you will get back on track now.

My mom was not feeling good today. Lots of drainage and coughing. So, I could not take her out but brought in Wendy's and we ate in her room. I only stayed a couple of hours because I could tell she wanted to go to sleep.

Carol/Peach
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    Hope ur having a great day!
    Beautiful day,70`s out,sunny.
    HUGS jane
  • pipcd34
    Options
    peachstategal - yes, it's like 2nd nature, you can clip/unclip kinda quick
  • memere101
    memere101 Posts: 461 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Lisa-you're quilt sounds absolutely amazing, can't wait to see pics. I love sewing and right now I'm working on making reusable grocery bags, baby burp clothes, and kids aprons to sell.

Terri-I completely understand your frustrations. My definition of DH used to be Dick head lol. After a major meltdown last summer, things have been mostly better for the last year, but he still has his moments.

Joyce-your graduation story reminds me of the year my brother graduated, many moons ago. We were all sitting on metal bleachers outside and we had a terrible storm come through with massive thunder and lightning. Talk about mass confusion as everyone was scrambling to take cover in their cars. Thankfully no one was injured trying to get down from the bleachers.

Lisa-those NSVs are the best. Seeing the size of my clothes go down has been awesome!

TNToni-I hope your "girls" aren't too sore after spending time in the vise today. I had mine done a few months ago and actually didn't have any problems. Did you get same day results or do you have to wait?

It was a cool rainy day here in Virginia. I spent most of the day inside trying to keep my very cranky 2 year old grandson happy. He has an ear infection and was feeling better yesterday. I hope his antibiotics are working because he was miserable today. His daddy is home now dealing with him and my daughter just picked up her two rugrats and DH won't be home for a few hours. Maybe I'll have a few minutes of peace.
    Hope with as a wonderful evening :smile:
    Linda from Fredericksburg Virginia
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,818 Member
    Options
    I do think we are going to get some sun today. I am working my long shift so will not get to enjoy it. But after today I am off 4 days, we are planning to go out to my mom's for the weekend. My two sisters and one brother will be there also. Mom wants to go things and give us what she wants us to have and help get ready for her to have a sale, she wants to down size. So I will not be able to check in until we get home.

Heather--Great news about the trains.

Cynthia--Hope you feel better soon.

Carol/peach--Hope your visit with your mom goes well.

Sylvia--Glad you are back and hope the swelling goes down fast. I bet the dogs will be glad to see you also.

Janet--Sounds like the time spent with your DF was making some great memories.

Terri--Sending HUGS. They say men think differently, but I think they just don't think.

Carol--I know what you mean, I hate waiting for someone to do their part so I can do mine and they are taking their time.

Meg--Read about the shooting in the paper. How terrible for all of them. Said a prayer.

Hoping the sun will still be shining when I get off in about 35 minutes. We are to go out for supper with another couple and they are picking where we go. I just hope it is not a late night. Take care ladies. Thank you for all your support, and most importantly not giving up on me.
    Blessings, Vicki GI NE
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,097 Member
    Options
    Pip my husband has those kind of biking shoes. Before retiring he biked home 13 miles a day. He would take the bus in the morning and then bike home. He likes his bike shoes too. I am not much for biking after almost having a serious fall from one. I prefer walking.

:heart: MNMargaret
  • tngram2seven
    tngram2seven Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Home relaxing now. I cancelled my plans to go to the meeting. Just too tired. I will go in June when we cook for the Ronald McDonald house. The mammogram wasn't bad at all. Just one pinch. Does anyone else think that the ones we used to get were a whole lot more uncomfortable than the ones we get now? Do they get just as good a picture without making us flat as a pancake? Maybe I have just had some sadistic technicians in the past.

I have enjoyed all the recent posts and pictures. Keep them coming!

Vicki - I won't give up on you if you won't give up on me! Pinky swear!

Here is tomorrow's planned YMCA safari - 7:00 am water class at the NE Y (15 miles). Then we will go the the Y next to my house for a 9:15 Silver Sneakers workout with one of the instructors from our old Y. YEAH. I'll finish up a bit earlier than the other mornings. My friend and I are going to the movies as a reward for all our hard work this week!

I have been staying up til 1 or 2 and getting up at 5:45 this week so it is early to bed for me tonight! I have run out of steam!

Have a good night, ladies!

Toni in cold and rainy middle Tennessee