From a size 20 to a size 8 with strength training, in one year! PICS!

Options

Replies

• SusanKing1981
    SusanKing1981 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Wow, I think I have a little crush on you! You have the body I imagine myself having. Oh, and in the last pic on the right you are the image of Alyssa Milano.
  • SusanKing1981
    SusanKing1981 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Wow, I think I have a little crush on you! You have the body I imagine myself having. Oh, and in the last pic on the right you are the image of Alyssa Milano.
  • GenElizabeth
    GenElizabeth Posts: 291 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    reiroome wrote: »

Did you do cardio to get past plateaus or only strength training?

No, I didn't use cardio to get past the plateaus. I did run on occasion throughout but not regularly and not to beat plateaus. I was on 1200-1300 calories/day when I lost most of the weight so extra cardio wasn't neseccary for me (not counting the 2 month gym period earlier this year, where I went crazy with workouts (cardio and weights) and food, lol). Just needed to keep going every day! :blush:
  • madparkinson
    madparkinson Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Wow u look amazing well done
  • GenElizabeth
    Options
    Great shoulders and calves! I think those two areas are so sexy. People comment about mine all the time. lol

You may also find, in this next year, that you lose another size or so from your activity. I went from a size 8 to a size 4 in the next year after reaching maintenance without losing a pound. I'm 5'3" and 127lb

I can't wait to hit the 120's (goal is 120-130) and I would love to lose more inches (which are still currently going down) so that's good to hear!! Currently, I've been eating 1300-1400/day with a high day thrown in once/week for a few months now. I feel like I've been lingering for a bit too long at 140lbs so I'm thinking of adding in running a few times/week now or add an extra 15-30 mins of lifting every day. I don't want to lower my calories back to 1200 like before so I may need to increase my activity instead. We'll see how it goes. Thank you, that's exciting! :blush:
  • GenElizabeth
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Thanks so much ladies! :smile:
  • GenElizabeth
    edited May 2015
    Options
    faeriesue1 wrote: »

Not the first time hearing that about Alyssa Milano, yay!! Thank you! Awesome compliments. :blush:
  • Desifreckle
    Desifreckle Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Omg... So inspirational!! Size 8 is the size im striving for!
  • Juicy_G_83
    Juicy_G_83 Posts: 4 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Thank you so much for sharing! I am a size 18/20 and I would like to be a size 10 (I got booty lol), but I'm seriously struggling. I hope that I can pull through and have awesome results like you.
  • GenElizabeth
    Options
    Thanks ladies. :smile: Size 8-10 is 100% doable. You both can do it!!
  • taliasometimes
    taliasometimes Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    how you get your bum like that! :o xx
  • GenElizabeth
    Options
    how you get your bum like that! :o xx

A ton of squats and step ups!! :wink:
  • GenElizabeth
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I just made my very own, first ever, website!!! I started it last night and finished it (for the most part) this morning. I used to dabble in website building several years so this was really fun to do! :smile:

I hope you guys check it out. It's under construction a bit still so bear with me regarding content and any spelling errors, lol.. :lol:

http://genesiaelizabeth.wix.com/journey-to-fitness
  • jnyhart
    jnyhart Posts: 30 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    You are such an inspiration to me! I have a hard time with clean eating! I have started back to the gym and am loving it. Now I just need to get my nutrition in check! Thanks for your motivation!
  • 1crvygrl
    1crvygrl Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    I was directed to this post yesterday and I have to say, I'm inspired. I feel like this is possibly exactly what I need. I'm 52, so (a lot) older than you but will be starting in a few days when I can get the necessary equipment together. I'm starting from a very similar point, I'm 5ft4, 212 lbs and size 16 is pretty tight. I have a UGW in the 135-145 range , though that may change as I go along.
  • 1crvygrl
    1crvygrl Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    I was directed to this post yesterday and I have to say, I'm inspired. I feel like this is possibly exactly what I need. I'm 52, so (a lot) older than you but will be starting in a few days when I can get the necessary equipment together. I'm starting from a very similar point, I'm 5ft4, 212 lbs and size 16 is pretty tight. I have a UGW in the 135-145 range , though that may change as I go along.
  • praksindiafit
    praksindiafit Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    Hello MFPers!

I am 33 years old and 5'3". I started this difficult journey in Jan of 2014 at 205lbs and I had JUST hit a size 20!!! In Dec 2014, I got down to a size 8 and around 135lbs! I feel great and am loving who I am becoming now! I'm learning a TON and meeting a lot of great people in the process.

I came across MFP in June of last year. I have kept a moderate calorie deficit pretty consistently (500 or so each day), with my carbs and protein around 100g each while lifting weights regularly (in my home with my own collected equipment), 5-6 times/week. I didn't do much cardio, as I don't enjoy it. I do run on occasion though. I feel empowered now and I absolutely LOVE strength training! Planning to take new progress pics at the end of June so I'm looking forward to that. :)

Here is my story so far on realbodiesrealresults.com. Feel free to check it out! :blush:
    realbodiesrealresults.com/gen.html

Best wishes to you all, anything is possible if you don't give up! :heart:

fdfm4zk13syy.jpg

ofn9eb5b3li7.jpg

3thg10dkzn4h.jpg

mcs7xhgcpcti.jpg

jrkoda9hxmgh.png
    dum6683wmsay.jpg
    Wow..is all i can say
  • BleuBerryS
    BleuBerryS Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Wow!! You look amazing !!
  • Csy4242
    Csy4242 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    j6hm8qx3n59t.jpg

Wow!! Amazing transformation!
  • GenElizabeth
    Options
    Love it!! ^^^ Lol, thank you.

Night everyone. :blush:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!