From a size 20 to a size 8 with strength training, in one year! PICS!

Options

Replies

• gamecocks95
    gamecocks95 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You look awsome. I to prefer weight training instead of a lot of cardio. I have much to loose but you has definitely inspired me. Thank you.
  • lauhil
    lauhil Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Wow, VERY inspiring!
  • Cellgirl99
    Cellgirl99 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    TOTAL motivation. Love your results, you look amazing. GREAT GREAT job!!
    Hello MFPers!

I am 33 years old and 5'3". I started this difficult journey in Jan of 2014 at 205lbs and I had JUST hit a size 20!!! In Dec 2014, I got down to a size 8 and around 135lbs! I feel great and am loving who I am becoming now! I'm learning a TON and meeting a lot of great people in the process.

I came across MFP in June of last year. I have kept a moderate calorie deficit pretty consistently (500 or so each day), with my carbs and protein around 100g each while lifting weights regularly (in my home with my own collected equipment), 5-6 times/week. I didn't do much cardio, as I don't enjoy it. I do run on occasion though. I feel empowered now and I absolutely LOVE strength training! Planning to take new progress pics at the end of June so I'm looking forward to that. :)

Best wishes to you all, anything is possible if you don't give up! :heart:

fdfm4zk13syy.jpg

ofn9eb5b3li7.jpg

3thg10dkzn4h.jpg

mcs7xhgcpcti.jpg

jrkoda9hxmgh.png
    dum6683wmsay.jpg
  • GenElizabeth
    GenElizabeth Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Thank you very much ladies. :blush:

Here is my latest video on foods that are good to replace with healthier alternatives if you're just starting out. I hope you find it helpful! Have a great and safe weekend out there, guys, and keep pushing! :smile:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6w93Q2Laz4A
  • FindingLaurie
    FindingLaurie Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Gorgeous before AND after--your strength training results inspire me!
  • sc00bs1966
    sc00bs1966 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Wow awsome.
    I have just started strength training using the godess programme from Kinobody.
    Hoping to get some awsome results
  • GenElizabeth
    Options
    Thank you ladies. :smile: Best of luck to you both!

I've recently made a few videos for those who may need some ideas on what to eat. I posted this one just this morning on many of the food dishes that I've made from scratch, helping me to be successful in weight loss. I am not a cook and I never knew how to cook. I don't ever use any fancy ingredients and everything I buy is all affordable. I hope this helps someone out!! Have a great rest of the day everyone. It's lunch time here. :smiley:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpyHVQMvxus
  • merryward13
    merryward13 Posts: 1,662 Member
    Options
    Your story and success is inspiring. I'm in the same boat currently! Great work! You look amazing
  • GenElizabeth
    Options
    Thank you, all the best to you @maryward88 :)

Here is a little Sunday motivation!! Hope you guys check it out. Thanks for viewing my thread! :heart:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZgBWWZcQFU
  • halii3053
    halii3053 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Just read your success story and the only word repeatedly coming out my mouth is 'wow'. You are no less then a superstar for persevering and getting the results. Much respect to you! xx
  • littefish2018
    littefish2018 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Amazing!!! Congrats!!
  • JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,339 Member
    Options
    Awesome work, so inspiring!
  • angelb1983
    angelb1983 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    In one year??? A-maz-ing!!! You are my new inspiration!! I told my husband there was no way I could be confident again by next Summer but you are giving me encouragement and motivation. Im curious of your diet. Im going to check your diary and see if it is open.
  • ilovefastcarstoo
    ilovefastcarstoo Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    This is where I would love to be! Very similar stats :) I'm also 5'3. I think a size 6-8 is a great size. I don't want to be "skinny". I think being strong and fit is sexy. I was wondering what kind of cardio you did if any at all? I'm looking to mainly do strength training at this time.
  • GenElizabeth
    Options
    Thanks so much guys! :heart:
    angelb1983 wrote: »
    In one year??? A-maz-ing!!! You are my new inspiration!! I told my husband there was no way I could be confident again by next Summer but you are giving me encouragement and motivation. Im curious of your diet. Im going to check your diary and see if it is open.

Thank you! That is so awesome I could give you a little boost!! I encourage you to GO FOR IT! I've friended you, as my diary is only viewable by friends. :wink:

• GenElizabeth
    edited August 2016
    Options
    This is where I would love to be! Very similar stats :) I'm also 5'3. I think a size 6-8 is a great size. I don't want to be "skinny". I think being strong and fit is sexy. I was wondering what kind of cardio you did if any at all? I'm looking to mainly do strength training at this time.

I rarely did cardio. I was too self conscious to leave my house when I was just starting so I worked out in my home with my weights. As I got closer to my goal, I would run at the park on occasion for a change of scenery. Once I hit my goal weight, I would do inclined treadmill at the gym a couple times/week. :smile:

All the best to you!

• slimcharm20
    slimcharm20 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Your a true inspiration!
  • ilovefastcarstoo
    ilovefastcarstoo Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I loved your video about what food you started eating and the switches you made for certain foods you liked. I love dannon oikos Greek yogurt! It's a nice treat for me if I get the regular kind. You have to try lemon meringue. Tastes just like pie :)
  • The_Original_Beauty
    The_Original_Beauty Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Wow you have done such an amazing job! You should feel so proud!! Such an inspiration.
  • GenElizabeth
    Options
    Thanks ladies :)

@ilovefastcarstoo: I will try that!! Thank you. :blush:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!