From a size 20 to a size 8 with strength training, in one year! PICS!

Options

Replies

• angieachstetter
    angieachstetter Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    What do you eat on a typical day? Would love to know. Just a brief overview of breakfast lunch and dinner if you don't mind.
  • teags1984
    teags1984 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Wow you look absoulutely amazing and beautiful! You should be incredibly proud of your hard work and determination! You have motivated me to keep working hard towards my goal, thank you and congrats!
  • omakase619
    omakase619 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    This is my favorite success story because she basically achieved her goals with sure will and 10lb dumbbells.

@genelizabeth you mentioned your husband was a type 2 diabetic? How has his new healthy lifestyle changed him? Is he still on meds?
  • Zoee2017
    Zoee2017 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    You are beautiful. Big or small. So impressed with your journey. How are you doing now? advice? I'm just beginning my journey to healthy. :)
  • GenElizabeth
    GenElizabeth Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Incredible transformation- WOW. One of the best I have ever seen! Amazing you did that in only one year. That's what you call Will Power!

Thank you so much, this means a lot!! :blush:
  • ECE1234
    ECE1234 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Wow amazing
  • valeria3984
    valeria3984 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Amazing transformation!
  • GenElizabeth
    edited February 2017
    Options
    What do you eat on a typical day? Would love to know. Just a brief overview of breakfast lunch and dinner if you don't mind.

Sure! :smile:

Example
    (I typically eat 5-6 meals a day. For snacks, I'll add something like granola or oatmeal with a protein shake or piece of cheese on a whole wheat tortilla.)

Breakfast:
    Greek yogurt with chia and granola
    Half serving of protein shake

Lunch:
    Turkey or peanut butter sandwich on whole wheat bread with chia and hemp seeds
    Piece of fruit

Dinner:
    Grilled BBQ chicken breast with chia and hemp seeds
    Green beans or brocolli with olive oil

@ECE1234 and @valeria3984 Thank you!
  • GenElizabeth
    edited February 2017
    Options
    omakase619 wrote: »
    This is my favorite success story because she basically achieved her goals with sure will and 10lb dumbbells.

@genelizabeth you mentioned your husband was a type 2 diabetic? How has his new healthy lifestyle changed him? Is he still on meds?

Love it, thank you! And hi to you, omakase. :smile:

My hubby is doing great. He is back on injections again now though but taking very little insulin.

It had been up and down with him over the past year or so. He gets stuck in ruts at times too but with diabetes, that's never a good thing. I encourage him as much as I can but it really is up to him in the end. He's getting back on track with me though (the pregnancy threw us both off) but it's going to take time again.

He's doing well and hanging in there, but fights the same battles we do. Thank you for asking!! :heart:
  • pldavis10
    pldavis10 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Your story is very inspiring! Thank you for taking us along with you on this journey.
  • kimv1188
    kimv1188 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    You are truly the most inspiring person! Thank you so much for being so open and honest about your weight loss (both ups and downs). I wish you all the best!
  • HG210
    HG210 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    You look great a true inspiration.
  • curvygirly911
    curvygirly911 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    This is really motivational for me as I am close in age, same lbs and same height. Thank you for posting this.
  • tarothelp
    tarothelp Posts: 167 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Do you find the last 10 lbs or so incredibly sloooow to come off? I work out 4 times per week with a trainer. I work hard. My diet is pretty clean too I eat Btwn 1200- 1300 cals per day on average but the weightloss is so very slow for me! Since dec 15 When I began tracking calories my weight has hovered around the 144 mark I'm about 5'4". This morn it was 142.8 I know muscle has grown back etc. But still just waiting to look great in a bikini...Lol we booked a trip to Cuba for march 12 and that was my goal and motivation to get back in good shape. I feel in pretty good shape but I just need this fat to leave my abdomen!! Lol ...I'm 42 and have had 2 kids myself maybe it's metabolism I don't know but since you have already "been there" where u got your weight down where u wanted it to be I thought I'd ask. U r looking great btw and your stomach looks great!
  • deonbfit
    deonbfit Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    You look phenomenal!! So inspiring!!!
  • melissargv78596
    melissargv78596 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! It's stories like this that give me hope. I'm 5"5" and weigh 263, size,18. I just started MFP, but hope that one day I, too can share my transformation story like you. Thank you for sharing, and you look great!
  • Anthonysuperdad82
    Options
    Dam good job
  • JZygmunt72
    JZygmunt72 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    wow that is a crazy transformation, i started at 211 and im 5'5 so were pretty close, maybe you could give me tips
  • leannehathaway1
    leannehathaway1 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    You look Amazing!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!